Accu-Wedge for ARs

poak

So, I was doing a little late night reading in regards to my AR build (yep, still waiting on my Del-Ton order). Anyways, I was reading about Buffer Technologies' "Accu-Wedge". It seems a lot of people have issues with getting a nice tight fit between the upper and lower, but the Accu-Wedge (a $5 part, remedys the problem). Are these things just snake-oil, or should I go ahead and order one for my soon to arrive kit?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you may want to see if you have a "nice tight fit"

Yeah, I figure I could just wait until I get my upper, then decide from there...

I guess I'm just kinda being anal and wanting it to be PERFECT when I assemble it, haha :cop:

Guest Verbal Kint

They're junk. Had one years ago, and used it (briefly until throwing it out) in a DR-200 rifle. Just more pieces of fouling to deteriorate and jam up the inner workings (just like the plastic seals that you can get that go under the trigger group), IMO.

Save your money. Most guns run smoother with some play between the lower and upper receivers, anyway.

Edited by Verbal Kint
They're junk. Had one years ago, and used it (briefly until throwing it out) in a DR-200 rifle. Just more pieces of fouling to deteriorate and jam up the inner workings (just like the plastic seals that you can get that go under the trigger group), IMO.

Save your money. Most guns run smoother with some play between the lower and upper receivers, anyway.

Cool, I'll save my $5.

Yeah.. they do do what their advertised to do. Its just a little plastic wedge that smells funny.

I had to shim some of the plastic off of it though just to pin my upper back on...

Thanks for the info Verbal, I think I might give a DIY solution a try (but I'll wait until my rifle kit arrives to start experimenting). I know I've got a small block of Delrin around my house somewhere (hope that isn't to hard) that my Dremel could go to work on.

Guest GUTTERbOY

Something like this never even occurred to me. Hell, I have difficulty getting my upper and lower together without needing to cram anything in there. I suspect it'll loosen up after I throw some more rounds through it, but for now it's plenty tight.

Buy a lower that has a tension set screw and you dont need that little rubber POS :D

Speaking of which, got more Tactical Inovations lowers in yet (those DO have the screw, right?)?

That's the lower I think I'll be using for my SPR build...

Buy a lower that has a tension set screw and you dont need that little rubber POS :D
Speaking of which, got more Tactical Inovations lowers in yet (those DO have the screw, right?)?

That's the lower I think I'll be using for my SPR build...

I have 100 more inbound from them, along with another 150 from Spikes.

Sun Devil billet lower receivers also have the tension screw. Very nice pieces, IMO.

http://www.sundevilmfg.com/

I heard a little rumor that there would be a little company in middle TN. that will be featuring billet machined lowers on their rifles in the very near future :D

Guest Verbal Kint

I heard a little rumor that there would be a little company in middle TN. that will be featuring billet machined lowers on their rifles in the very near future :D

Yeah... think that thread is around here somewhere. But you might have to dust it off. :D

I'm still waiting on the Mug o' Death.

Yeah... think that thread is around here somewhere. But you might have to dust it off. :D

I'm still waiting on the Mug o' Death.

Battle Mug is a go.

Our team is traveling Friday to seal the deal with the CNC and anodizing facilities.

I hope to see the first 100 mugs available by SHOT 09.

Battle Mug is a go.

Our team is traveling Friday to seal the deal with the CNC and anodizing facilities.

I hope to see the first 100 mugs available by SHOT 09.

Out of curiosity, do you guys do the design work in-house, or have you contracted someone?

Out of curiosity, do you guys do the design work in-house, or have you contracted someone?

It was all done in-house.

I conceived the concept and design, and my machinist hand turned two prototypes.

We did send it off for CAD, but other than that, its all HG.