New Safety Selector.

Was talking to another member today and got on the topic of AR-15 safeties.  I realized during the discussion that I've never really been a huge fan of the standard style, and thought maybe I should try making my own style.  So I did, and this was the result.  Still needs a good bit of tweaking but it doesn't interfere with anything, it's really comfortable, and easy to manipulate.  Thoughts or ideas welcome.

Bad pictures, my bad.

[URL=http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/gjohnsoniv/media/20160317_175514_zps1uyw5hse.jpg.html]20160317_175514_zps1uyw5hse.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/gjohnsoniv/media/20160317_185602_zps8zv8oxns.jpg.html]20160317_185602_zps8zv8oxns.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/gjohnsoniv/media/20160317_185636_zpssfm6rdui.jpg.html]20160317_185636_zpssfm6rdui.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I like it, mostly because you had an idea about something that you wanted Rather than a Standard Safety Selector, and then you followed through with the idea!!! I would Imagine by Now you've probably worked out everything you Didn't like about the First Attempt and either have Exactly what you wanted, or you Stumbled onto Something that is Absolutely Amazing?!!
Either way I Hope it's Great, and You are Happy with your Design..
Good for you for putting action to your thoughts. I have monkey hands it it would be far too long for me personally, but if it works for you that's all that matters. I actually use short levers on all my ambi short throw selectors because of my yeti like features

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk