Hello from Madison County

Hi. New TN resident from Louisiana. I'm pretty much a "Glocks and AR's" type of guy. Any ranges around Jackson? My son and myself are avid paper punchers. Hopefully we can get some varmint now.

This seems like a cool website.

.....Yes, I am a Saint's fan.:rolleyes:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nitrous_mike

welcome, I know there are some FOP ranges around here but thats about all I can tell you since I have never been to one.

Guest Phantom6

Welcome to the group LA_357SIG. Just what part of LA is you from? I was a corporate trainer for an extremely large corp. that was headquartered in Metairie, LA. This being so, I traveled constantly to the New Orleans area and loved every trip.

The FOP range has pretty cheap membership fees. I think its like 25-40 bucks a year. Get in touch with Shane Laney with the Jackson police department and I'm sure he could tell you for sure.

Oh BTW....Welcome to the sight. I'm just down the road in hardeman county.

Guest Old Chief

Welcome to Tennessee. I am in Tipton County and can not answer your range question but hope that you find one soon.

Guest Tommy Ferguson Jr.

There are two private ranges in Madison County - the FOP range on Cotton Grove Rd. and the TSF range on Riverside Drive. There is a range at Lake Graham (also on Cotton Grove Rd). The range is off Leeper Lane and is run by TWRA (wildlife cops), not sure about use by the public. There are several public indoor ranges in Memphis; I teach at Range USA so I'm partial to that one.

Well, in case you couldn't tell I too am a Saints Fan.

Welcome to the boards and to TN. The Can didn't bring you did it?

My family is from all over the area of New Orleans. Metarie, Lulling, River Ridge, Bute etc. I love going down to visit family, but to be 100% honest, you can keep the city (except when the Saints are playing.) Too many days have been spent on Bourbon, Charter, Magazine, Decatur, Tolouse etc. for it to bring much excitement to me anymore. I hope the streets are a little cleaner now.

..."The Can?"...Too many days have been spent on Bourbon, Charter, Magazine, Decatur, Tolouse etc. for it to bring much excitement to me anymore. I hope the streets are a little cleaner now.

True. The French Quarter has lost it's appeal for me when I was around 21. The tourist realy messed it up. :up: Plus it's not that interesting after you quit drinking,....again.

Guest Phantom6

Kenner? Heck we were within rock throwin' distance. I used to stay in the Sheraton right there at the end of the Lake Pontchartrain bridge. Of course that was nearly 20 years ago and I probably would have been jailed for throwin' rocks at an 8 year old. :up:

Man, y'all had some monster mosquito's down there, that's for sure.