MAGNUM RESEARCH’s Micro Desert Eagle

TripleDigitRide

Does anyone have any experience with this little .380? Heard anything about it?

A friend of mine and I were in Guns For America today, and he fell in love with this ugly little thing. [EDITED]He decided to wait and stew over the thought of carrying a semi-auto. He's always been a wheel gun kinda guy.

microeaglesteetadwu6.gif

Technical Specifications:

Model: Micro Desert Eagle Pistol

Caliber: .380 Auto (9 mm Browning)

Length: 4.52″ / 116 mm

Height: 3.71″ / 95 mm

Width: 0.90″ / 23 mm

Length of the Barrel: 2.22″ / 57 mm

Weight Empty: 14 oz / 400 grams

Magazine Capacity: 6-Rounds

Trigger Mechanism: DAO

Safety: DAO

Sights: Fixed/Non-Adjustable

MSRP $535.00

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I received a message regarding my OP, I just wanted to clarify that I was NOT "bashing" GFA on their pricing of the Micro Desert Eagle. It's their store, and they're more than welcome (not that they need my permission) to charge whatever they want.

As I've stated in another thread pertaining to GFA, they were some of the nicest guys I've ever met it a gun store. They couldn't have been more helpful to me and/or my friend. I've been in their store on two seperate occasions, and was more than pleased with the way I was treated.

And just to be extra fair, out of the few places I've checked, GFA has been the cheapest on the Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm I've been looking at.

I'm not sure any of this post was really necessary, but I didn't want it to come across as if I was "bashing" any vendor for their prices. I was more or less looking for any helpful information about the Micro Desert Eagle.

Guest eyebedam

For the money they are asking for the Micro Eagle 1 could pick up a Walther PPS in 9 or .40 & would be a bettter gun IMO. GFA folks are really nice & will def work with you on there prices. All you gotta do is throw a num at them.

For the money they are asking for the Micro Eagle 1 could pick up a Walther PPS in 9 or .40 & would be a bettter gun IMO. GFA folks are really nice & will def work with you on there prices. All you gotta do is throw a num at them.

Yea, the MDE is not my type of gun, but for some strange reason he fell in love with it. He really wants something small enough to fit easily into his pocket. To me, it's a little pricey for such a little gun. And that's wherever you buy it.

it's a little pricey for such a little gun. To me it a lot pricey.....
heck, you could always pick up a kel tec for about half that!

I know what you mean. I about hit the floor when I saw the price tag. Even before seeing the price, there wasn't much about the gun that caught my eye. I'm not sure what he sees in that little ugly gun.

Guest Phantom6

+1 on what eyebedam said about the Walther PPS. The guns are allocated but we don't seem to have much of a problem getting them within a few days of making the calls through our distributors. One thing about it though, the Magnum Research products are typically reliable and generally impressive- the Baby Eagle .40's in particular are hard to keep in stock over in our neck of the woods.