KNOXVILLE RK GUN SHOW DEC.26-28

WHO'S GOING TO ATTEND THIS ONE ?

LOOKING FOR A COUPLE AND HAVE A COUPLE FOR SALE.

FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER, I CAN'T LIST THE ONES I WANT TO SELL IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.

LOOKING FOR A RUGER MK I OR MK II

.17 HMR RIFLE

RUGER SINGLE SIX WITH MAG CYL. AND 9 1/2 BARREL.

COUPLE OTHERS AS WELL

JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE ON HERE WOULD BE BRINGING SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO TRADE.

MARCEL

Edited by FUJIMO
TYPO
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHO'S GOING TO ATTEND THIS ONE ?

LOOKING FOR A COUPLE AND HAVE A COUPLE FOR SALE.

FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER, I CAN'T LIST THE ONES I WANT TO SELL IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.

LOOKING FOR A RUGER MK I OR MK II

.17 HMR RIFLE

RUGER SINGLE SIX WITH MAG CYL. AND 9 1/2 BARREL.

COUPLE OTHERS AS WELL

JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE ON HERE WOULD BE BRINGING SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO TRADE.

MARCEL

You can't post for sale adds until youv'e been here 30 days and have 50 posts. It's a rule to cut down on the spammers. However I thnk becomming a benifactor negates this requirement.

What kind of 17 hmr are you looking for?

JSE wont be there (practically out of things to sell), so I wont be attending unless I see some rave reviews here on Fri or Sat.

Edited by krater

hey dr. alarms, i sent you a p.m.

i've decided on either a marlin or savage .17hmr

stainless bull barrel with recessed crown,thumbhole or synthetic stock, and from what i've been reading, they make 2 lengths of barrel's. but i think the bull is 20" only.

any advice on it is welcomed. I'm not a hunter, but there's just something about that .17 hmr I like.

guess i'll go throw a wtb thread up for it.

marcel :stick:

what is JES?

I might be in the mood for a Hi-Point 9MM compact

Oops. Mistype.

Corrected should read JSE, not JES (they're the 2 ladies from Missouri that piss offs all the AR parts dealers cause they sell stuff so inexpensively).

I tpye atrcoiuosly.

I went the Friday after Thanksgiving and there were a lot of empty tables yet. Vendors were still coming through the door about noon. I was told that it would be more filled up Saturday and Sunday.

I am guessing it will be crowded as usual again.

We went to the show today. It was awful, in my opinion. We got there at open (1pm) and were in a LONG line to get through the door. After getting halfway up the stairs, and to the middle of the line, someone comes out to sell tickets in line to speed it up. Unfortunately they were selling tickets AT THE BACK..WHERE PEOPLE JUST ARRIVED!! Irritated the heck out of a bunch of us middle liners.

Then, after that, the show was just so so. LOTS of empty tables, and more pocket knives than firearms and gear. And yes, I know, some vendors come later or the next day, which I also think is less than an optimal way to run a show. Why should I not get a deal just because I didn't get there the "right" day?

Uggh, I think I'm over gun shows for awhile.

Oh, yeah, and some dirt bag stole a SIG while we were there too. Nice.

Rant off.

Guest 70below

Yeah, it was a nightmare there today. I got there at 1:30 and there were two lines that were VERY long.....by the time I got there the guy was selling tickets at the front of one of the lines, and the other line went to the booth. Then, if you had a gun, you had to wait in another long line to get your weapon checked. It was nuts. Seemed like lots of tire kickers, but a surprisingly high number of sales too. I sold one pistol, but just alot of lowball offers on another. There were a few good prices, but ALOT of ridiculous ones too. Lots of empty tables, don't know if some are coming in tomorrow......but with the huge crowd, if they aren't coming in.....then it would have been nice if they had spread the gun tables out a bit more to keep the crowd down. Everytime you saw something you might be interested in, you had to hover there for 20 minutes to get close enough to see it. Busiest gun show I think I've been to quite a while.

Guest bkelm18

A rather odd, possibly mentally defective old man apparently got lost on the way to the show and wandered into the Ranger station at the zoo today and just about got himself shot as he started fondling a gun on his hip. Apparently in the process of getting lost he clipped a car in the zoo parking lot (by his own admission that was the second wreck he was in today). Also, his car wouldn't go in reverse but for some stupid reason, he pulled into a parking spot. So a couple Rangers and myself had to push the car out of the spot. He had several more firearms in the car as well as a gigantic taser looking device and several boxes of stuff in the back. Interesting to say the least.

Guest cdsusong

We went today and yes it was jammed. True a lot of empty tables, I'm guessing the vendors will be there tomorrow but i won't. I checked at the door before we left, and the RK stamp on our hand was only good for today. The last show we were at, the stamp was good for any day, hmmmm? My buddy sold a Tarus 357 and I bought a mag for the SR9. He got $250 and I gave up $35 for the mag. Oh well, it was a better day than taking down the Christmas tree! It is true that the table layout seemed screwed up to me and yes if you wanted to get close to something you had to wait and wait and wait. I would imagine that it will be even more chaos tomorrow, good luck.

well i showed up about 12:15 and joined in one of the odd double lines. i would have thought they would have done like the last show at the jacobs.just have a line for people with guns and one without. and the one without should be on the right nearest the ticket taker. not to mention the number of "not a chance in hello buyers" (underage) that cut line in front of me. with an attitude about them when they do it. those 2 things are always my biggest gripe.

i expected the empty tables, large assortment of knives, beef jerky, and the ever popular "mine is gold, yours is crap" attitude from the regular dealers. but as usual i made a couple friends, saw some friends i hadn't seen in a while, and made a day of it.

I also heard all through the crowd soft mutters of "this show is *****, they didn't want to give me nothing for this thing !" seems people haven't learned that the "regulars" buy low and sell high, that's the name of the game for anyone looking to make profit. like the guys who mosey through the line outside like john wayne and pretend to be your buddy and try and grease one in you. we've all seen it or had it pulled on us. some on here may do it even. i just pretend to be at a giant flea market. ask the price, or see it on a tag, make a offer, and walk away if it's not something you want to pay.

i feel like there will be a day when we wish we had the chance to attend a gun show without being carted away for "illegally loitering", or whatever you want to call it. so get out to them while you can.

I checked at the door before we left, and the RK stamp on our hand was only good for today.

That happened to me with this show once before. When I found out that the Friday stamp wasn't good for the weekend, I complained to the show organizer...who really didn't care. If they are not going to tell you that some vendors are missing on Friday, they should give you a break and let you come back no charge when everyone is there.

I just thought the whole thing was badly run, and organized this time. I wasn't too impressed with the last one at Jacob's either, but this was much worse than that. Unless I hear of vast improvement on here at the next, we and our money won't be going.

By contrast, the RK show we went to at the Civic Center was pretty good.

Go figure.