Jennings .380

mousegunner

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always heard the 'J' stood for junk.

I borrowed a little Jennings .22 to teach my wife how to shoot. Mistake. I spent so much time fussing with it (it did not like HP) that my wife was a little scared of it...come to think of it, I was too.

The owners of that .22 were asking $125. I laughed when I heard that.

Guest coldblackwind

Hey now, I have a jennings J22, and if you only put 5 rounds in the 10 round magazine, and work the slide just right to get that first round in, and then are dumb lucky and it doesn't jam on any of the other 4 rounds (i've discovered the faster you shoot it the less it jams, go figure), then it actually shoots fairly straight!

Guest gcrookston

I'm glad to see the hood still has a source for defective weapons. I thought Jennings had gone out of business...

If anyone was ever going to shoot at me, I hope they do it with a Jennings.

Honest.

Pfff,haters!

I dont have to take this,Ill just take my [ JAnine ] and go home!

(bonus points for who knows where thats from,minus the ja9 ofcourse)

Did you ever see this thread Mouse? Dude had a Hi-Point for 1,500 dollars! :rolleyes:

Oh,and my JANine :tinfoil:

Is actually a fun little gun to shoot I think,of course its no Sig.

Now it is the only Sat special Ive ever shot,so maybe I just got a good one,but Ive never had any feeding problems or anything.

I also sent it in and had a "fluff and buff" done free of charge

1.jpg

I have a Jennings 22 that my son-in-law found in a car at the dealership he worked for. It was in a used car trade-in so he brought it to me. I was sooooo happy to get a great gun like that. I have had it completely apart and cleaned it all up and lubed it like new. Too bad it still won`t shoot straight or without jamming. You can`t load one into the chamber without taking the safety off first and then hope it doesn`t go bang when you release the slide back. It just hangs in my gun cabinet with all my other toys.

Yeah, i don't want the gang bangers armed with good guns like Sigs and Glocks. Jennings and Ravens are much better for them, especially when the gang bangers load the magazines the wrong way and shoot sideways.

Guest gcrookston
It would make a nice paper weight or use to weight down the sack if drowning kittens.

There is a gun store in St. Louis that used 6 Steyr M1907's to make a coat hanger... Perhaps the only military issue gun on equal with a Jennings...

What's that monstrous cast pot-metal gun? I've seen them, can't remember the name? It's like a 9mm with a glandular condition? MSRP is less than $100? Looks kinda like a Dreyes?

Edited by gcrookston
Guest gcrookston

Just in case anyone is wondering, I'm not a snob, except when it comes to quality. There are many quality guns to be had for under $300.00. But there is a lot a crap when one sinks below the $300 watermark...