KNOXVILLE RK GUN SHOW, expectations?

Guest (BH)

Guest (BH)

i have not been to any gun shows at the knoxville expo center and i was wondering if they are any good. is there a good selection? lots of tables?

i was just hoping people could share some of their experiences and opinions...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns shows are hit or miss. All depends on what you're looking for. There are of course lots of guns and deals can be found. If you're in the market for a brand new Glock, XD or M&P you can save a few $$ at the show. If you hit the right table.

I always go to the shows. Why, I don't know because I like old stuff and it get's harder and harder to find at a reasonable price. For some reason, people are getting just a little too proud of what they're trying to sell and won't work on a price with you. Then again, there are some that will.

Edited by Garufa
Guest (BH)

yeah very true. i guess im just curious about how big the turnout has been in the past. i just dont wanna show up only to find 10 tables with a few knives, some $2100 bushmasters, and some ridiculously overpriced reloaded ammo.

Guest joeharris

All the knox. shows are very crowded, lately ammo is sold quick at a premium, prices on lower end AR's and lower end AK's have dropped a lot again.Depending what your looking for like always, you might find a good deal, but on the Avg, stuff there is more expensive than at a dealer.

AW Weap. and SKS's seem still be be scarce, also lately a lot of mil-surp guns seem to have declined.

But compared to prices in Dec,Jan & Feb. it seems to be getting back to normal slowly, except ammo, but it also has dropped some!

Best wishes.:D

Looking for anything in particular?

Guest (BH)

i went to a chilhowee park show a while back and it was pretty big, but the was before ammo scarcities, rising gun prices and obama. all and all it was a good show.

iv been particularly interested in milsurp pistols lately. and im waiting on my HCP so my purchases are geared towards CCW accessories and such also. and of course :(:confused:AMMO:mad::D lol.....

Yer killing me with your avatar - it's almost exactly like truthsayer's...

Anyway, look for generally over-priced guns and ammo, with an occasional deal on used firearms. Also keep an eye out for the 'handgun carry permit badges' which are rather fun to witness in person.

Guest (BH)

glad you pointed that out.... i guess il be changing that. not trying to cramp anyone's style.

Edited by (BH)
Guest joeharris

Mil-surp pistol's also are my fav. they have been expensive and the very few i have seen lately really are not desireable either in price or quality, but one never knows,:D that why i always go!

In the last yr. i bought 4 mil-surps pistols in a pawnshop, far better price and finish!

I think the shows at the Expo Center are better than the ones at Chillhowee. Probably all the same sellers but it is bigger and the lighting is better.

I expect to see all the people who have hoarded ammo from Walmart there trying to sell WWB for twice the price. I will not be buying it. I hope they are stuck with it personally.

Would like to find a new chin strap and net for the M1 steel pot I recently was given.

There might be a certain long gun I will buy if I find one for a fair price. Not saying what that is as I do not want to jynx it. And I am sure a bayonet for a Garand will be out of the question.

Guest m&pc9
I think the shows at the Expo Center are better than the ones at Chillhowee. Probably all the same sellers but it is bigger and the lighting is better.

I like the Expo center better also. I think it is because they have more room to spread out the tables.Chillhowie park, when Ive went is so crowded you cant hardly walk without bumping into others.

glad you pointed that out.... i guess il be changing that. not trying to cramp anyone's style.

No worries - I just get used to glancing at the avatar to see who's saying what rather than reading the usernames.

And thanks. Enjoy the show.

Guest 70below

There might be a certain long gun I will buy if I find one for a fair price. Not saying what that is as I do not want to jynx it.

Mike, I keep telling you that Barbie Edition pink 10/22 with matching earrings was custom......its not a standard model! :D

I think I'm going to try and find a few reloading components (yea, right) and try and talk myself out of a good deal on anything else I may see.

Expect to pay $10 admission and get $1 off by printing the coupon below. :tinfoil:

coupon.gif

Just don't do what I did. I printed out a bunch of these and was handing them out. The management threatened to not admit me if I didn't stop. I don't know why they were pissed, it's their coupon!

Guest Spuds
Just don't do what I did. I printed out a bunch of these and was handing them out. The management threatened to not admit me if I didn't stop. I don't know why they were pissed, it's their coupon!

Ha! Good on ya anyway. I've done that before, you have to be discreet. Also it helps to know all of the promoter's show managers, so that you know who not to offer one to. :usa:

Guest TEBISH
I expect to see all the people who have hoarded ammo from Walmart there trying to sell WWB for twice the price. I will not be buying it. I hope they are stuck with it personally.

Walmart used to have ammo? Amazing. I used to think everybody was overplaying the shortage of ammo at Walmart til I tried to find a brick of 22LR a while back. The guy at the counter almost laughed at me.

:dropjaw: Sorry but I had to admit stupidity.

Well, lessee...

I bought a state of the art Hi-Point C9 and a "$20" knife for $10 (worth $5) just to get the sheath for another knife I have, got some various .357 mag and .38 special from Georgia Arms.

The rest of the gang bought all kinds of stuff, will let them report. Although a highlight was Mike.357's purchase of a small but VERY SHARP folder, with free Band Aid.

Nothing like the last show I went to at Expo mob wise, prices continue to creep down, lots of new handguns at or near best retail prices, long guns (especially the nasty ones) still inflated but not nearly as crazy as has been. Place about 90% full vendor wise, certainly as many as the last Jacobs show, but better spread out and lit.

I think Georgia Arms must have made a long ago commitment to show up, as they really didn't seem to have anything like the variety and quantities in the past (no "Canned Heat" in .38 at all, and not as much 9mm either)...

not even two deep at their booth at any time, unlike the past.

All very enjoyable though, had as good a time as at any I've been to, otherwise wouldn't have stayed over 6 hours!

And that's the quick news from Lake CashBegone.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Well, lessee...

I bought a state of the art Hi-Point C9 and a "$20" knife for $10 (worth $5) just to get the sheath for another knife I have, got some various .357 mag and .38 special from Georgia Arms.

The rest of the gang bought all kinds of stuff, will let them report. Although the highlight was Mike .357's purchase of a small but VERY SHARP folder, with free Band Aid.

Nothing like the last show I went to at Expo mob wise, prices continue to creep down, lots of new handguns at or near best retail prices, long guns (especially the nasty ones) still inflated but not nearly as crazy as has been. Place about 90% full vendor wise, certainly as many as the last Jacobs show, but better spread out and lit.

I think Georgia Arms must have made a long ago commitment to show up, as they really didn't seem to have anything like the variety and quantities in the past (no "Canned Heat" in .38 at all, and not as much 9mm either)...

not even two deep at their booth at any time, unlike the past.

All very enjoyable though, had as good a time as at any I've been to, otherwise wouldn't have stayed over 6 hours!

And that's the quick news from Lake CashBegone.

- OS

Well, I was the only one of 5 in our group that didn't purchase a gun. Still I didn't get out of there without droppin a few hundred $'s on Ammo, a range bag, and some beef jerky.

Yep, quite the pocket emptying affair today.

In spite of leaving with a real thin wallet at the end of 6 hours examing every nook and cranny in the place I thought it was one of the better gun shows I have been to.

I did make a smart comment or two to people who were trying their best to rip anyone and everyone off with their overpriced Walmart ammo. Saw one guy trying to get 38 bucks for boxes of .30 carbine ammo. Before we left I saw him again and he still had almost all of it. I found another vendor, an old guy who is at all the shows, he had the same stuff for 21 a box, picked up a few of them.

First purchase was a 500 round box of Ga Arms .45 ACP. Priced at about 34 cents a round, and you get to keep the ammo can. So I feel it was a real fair deal.

Picked up one long stick. I will talk about it later after I shake it out and see what it can do. It is gonna take a lot of elbow grease, steel wool and solvent to find out.

Lots of fun, all in all it was a very pleasurable show to go to. but to be honest the company I kept today during the show is what made it a lot of fun.

Oh yeah no stitches required but I got a heck of a cut on a finger tip, dang knife would have took my arm off if I had given it a chance to. The Swiss really know how to make a knife blade. In spite of the damage I was really happy to find it and bring it home, I needed a new working blade for daily use.

Edited by Mike.357