Periodontist

I'm not a periodontist, but I am a general dentist trained in periodontics. I treat perio disease with a laser using the LANAP protocol. The only FDA approved procedure using a laser. If you need implants, I place and restore those as well. I would be happy to offer a consult if you have any questions. I am well-respected on this forum and have treated several members and have nearly 30 years experience. Pardon the shameless self-promotion, but I figured I'd throw my hat on the ring.

Rick

sullivandentalpartners.com

• Like 4

I've been able to avoid going to a periodontist so far with the following.  Of course, lack of self care isn't the only thing causing need for periodontists.  As I've aged, more things are required.

Until recently, using a Sonicare toothbrush twice a day and flossing took care of everything.  

A lot of people don't take time to floss.  Not only failing to floss cause tooth loss.  Daily flossing greatly reduces the amount of dangerous bacteria in your mouth.  The reason that bacteria is a problem is that can cross through the tissue meant to keep it out, get in the blood stream, and do bad things.

Recently, I had to add use of a waterpick each day to avoid the periodontist.

One more thing, the way I understand it is that if you wind up at the periodontist due to lack of self care, they can treat you, but self care will be required moving forward.  

gr8smiles, please comment on any incorrect info I've shared. 

Edited by Pete123
9 hours ago, gr8smiles said:

I'm not a periodontist, but I am a general dentist trained in periodontics. I treat perio disease with a laser using the LANAP protocol. The only FDA approved procedure using a laser. If you need implants, I place and restore those as well. I would be happy to offer a consult if you have any questions. I am well-respected on this forum and have treated several members and have nearly 30 years experience. Pardon the shameless self-promotion, but I figured I'd throw my hat on the ring.

Rick

I've been curious who you were! I worked in dentistry in Brentwood for another doctor for 6 years. Now that I know it makes me laugh. My mother in law rants and raves about your father, you and your son. She always talks about how amazing you all are!

22 hours ago, luke9511 said:

hey everyone, can anyone here recommend a periodontist in nashville or close to mount juliet?

10 hours ago, gr8smiles said:

Rick

Luke,

You can't go wrong with Gr8smiles.  I started seeing his dad in the early 70's and then Rick took care of me until I left for college.  He still takes care of my parents.  Gr8smiles is good people.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

I've been curious who you were! I worked in dentistry in Brentwood for another doctor for 6 years. Now that I know it makes me laugh. My mother in law rants and raves about your father, you and your son. She always talks about how amazing you all are!

Sounds like a competition is in order.  Free cleanings for everyone on the forum, half go to you, half go to gr8smiles.  We will vote in December.

Everyone except gr8smiles and mrsmonkeyman can thank me later.

Well, if we are going to have competition, I'll throw my hat into the ring.  I have several nice sets of pliers and customers will get a pint of whatever top shelf whisky they would like.

While not technically a dentist, I do stay an Holiday Inn Express on a regular basis.

• Like 6
Well, if we are going to have competition, I'll throw my hat into the ring.  I have several nice sets of pliers and customers will get a pint of whatever top shelf whisky they would like.

While not technically a dentist, I do stay an Holiday Inn Express on a regular basis.

Couple of years ago when I was still doing contract work, I did next day support for one of TVA's nuke plants and stayed at a holiday inn express!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, after consulting with the dentist in the video above, I'm making a change based on improving patient experience.  The patient will be able to choose a pint of whatever top shelf Tequila they want.  Also, I will ensure that the patients lip is pulled out of the way so they don't have to do it themselves.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Pete123 said:

Well, after consulting with the dentist in the video above, I'm making a change based on improving patient experience.  The patient will be able to choose a pint of whatever top shelf Tequila they want.  Also, I will ensure that the patients lip is pulled out of the way so they don't have to do it themselves.

How much for implants if I supply my own drywall screws?

Can I get dog teeth installed as an option? A few dental biscuits a month and I'm set. 

Also, how much to cerakote one gold?

• Like 1

What is everclear out of the question? It'll serve three purposes: kills all bacteria, feeling, and memory. 790dad1f784a7989b44a8a5e4722348d.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I see we have questions.  

At the Judge Roy Bean Legal Court, Bar and Dentistry we haven't had much luck putting them back in.  While we don't do Ceracote, we have had very good luck using a can of gold spray paint (small extra charge) for the same purpose.

We have to agree that Ever Clear is a great option and have added that to the list.  

Also, we are in a contest with a certain dentist in Brentwood that shall not be named.  So, for the next month, all patients will receive two cans of nitrous oxide propellant cool whip with every pliers based adjustment or extraction.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Pete123 said:

I see we have questions.  

At the Judge Roy Bean Legal Court, Bar and Dentistry we haven't had much luck putting them back in.  While we don't do Ceracote, we have had very good luck using a can of gold spray paint (small extra charge) for the same purpose.

We have to agree that Ever Clear is a great option and have added that to the list.  

Also, we are in a contest with a certain dentist in Brentwood that shall not be named.  So, for the next month, all patients will receive two cans of nitrous oxide propellant cool whip with every pliers based adjustment or extraction.

All right fine. 

What if I drill the pilot holes myself?

I'm trying to do business with ya Pete, trying hard.

I see no reason that we couldn't put the screws in with a pilot hole.  While we don't have a good source of canine teeth, we do have connections with certain red neck dentists and can provide the replacements.  Guaranteed sterile - soaked at least 30 minutes in Ever Clear.

• Like 1
On June 30, 2016 at 7:17 PM, Sam1 said:

Sounds like a competition is in order.  Free cleanings for everyone on the forum, half go to you, half go to gr8smiles.  We will vote in December.

Everyone except gr8smiles and mrsmonkeyman can thank me later.

Oh. No. No. No. The day you see me touch or look in someone else's mouth is the day my life is in danger and I'm forced to for work. I just do front office, treatment coordinating and collections. 

Mouths are geeeeroooooossssssssssss! I would for sure stick with the doc over me any day of the week.

• Like 1