Halfpint/Tink Christmas '08

Guest Halfpint

Guest Halfpint

Just got everything uploaded, I'll be posting more pictures throughout the week, but thought we could share a few from this past week. Tink and I left on Christmas Eve, headed down south of Houston to spend a few days with my dad and family and unwind after all the hustle and bustle of this holiday season.

Anyway, here's where we spent a few days . . . home sweet home. Well, the shop is--the house is still being built.

ChristmasinRichmondTX08036.jpg

ChanceChristmas037.jpg

Here's the old house, where I basically grew up . . . rustic on the outside, 100% modern on the inside. And upstairs in the old garage is a hot-tub and a 20-foot wet bar . . . I STILL don't know why we decided to build a new place! :P

ChanceChristmas029.jpg

Both of these lovely ladies were the absolute best part of my trip . . . and yes, both have me completely wrapped around their finger. Tink has a habit of stealing my Memphis hoodie, and Greenleigh, my almost-3-year-old niece, has a habit of stealing absolutely anything she wants from me.

ChanceChristmas068.jpg

And finally, the worst part of the trip . . . THE END.

. . . or as I tend to refer to it, RE-crossing over the gates of hell.

ChristmasinRichmondTX08048.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Halfpint

A couple more . . .

Egg-nog, Texas-style. :D

ChanceChristmas047.jpg

The sweat on the glass is there for a very simple reason--because the beer was ice-cold and it was 73 degrees the day after Christmas! (Can anybody see why I love going home this time of year? :P )

And yeah, I love this road for obvious reasons. Just down the street from my house, where most of the town's important businesses and gov't buildings are located . . .

ChanceChristmas048.jpg

:D

Guest Halfpint

Thanks for all the compliments, ya'll . . . I'll start a separate thread with pics of it later if y'all would like. A family friend did most of the carpentry work, farmed out the electrical, dad and I did the plumbing/pipe stuff, my dad and step-mom did most of the planning, and I specified the three bays and open area as a sort of "indoor porch."

We built the shop first as a place to stay between when we sold the old house (literally right next door) and finished building the new place. I don't get home enough to help with upkeep on the old log house, and dad is in his 60's, so he wanted something a little easier to maintain.

Guest TinkerBell

Believe me ive been home just a few days and im a lil depressed that i had to leave the shop. it was amazing. Id move there in a heartbeat if i cud or atleast when i finish school in april but theres other plans in the works thanks to halfpint.. hes got a few dreams that he wants to fullfill 1st and because i love him ima sit back and wait lol...

Hey ya'll,

Im from Texas as well,I think my home office is about 6 miles from the 762 signs.Are they Richmond or Rosenburg.We just bought another building on 762,it used to be a print shop.Down the road from All Out Off Road.

Guest Halfpint

Those are in Richmond, barely. Right on the line. I spent some money at All Out back a few years ago, then dad went and sold my Jeep (told me after the fact!)

. . . I'm already homesick! :)

Nah, I'll make it. Got a new toy to play with yesterday . . . :)

Those are in Richmond, barely. Right on the line. I spent some money at All Out back a few years ago, then dad went and sold my Jeep (told me after the fact!)

. . . I'm already homesick! :)

Nah, I'll make it. Got a new toy to play with yesterday . . . :)

What did you get? Do tell! :D