Biometric Gunsafe

I saw a biometric gunsafe at On-Target in Murfreesboro, and it got me thinking that it's a good idea: however, I've noticed that On-Target is pretty proud of everything they sale. I don't mind paying for quality, but that doesn't mean that I like to take it up the a$$ either.

So I'm looking for recommendations as to which biometric gunsafe to get, and where to get it from. I want the handgun size that I can have on the night stand. Comments?

Edited by SWJewellTN
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I have about a dozen patents for biometrics and worked in the field for a decade before I decided to get a real job.

Biometrics work perfectly well for 80% of the population. Biometrics suck big time for the other 20%. Find out which percentage you're in before you invest in biometric anything.

If you use it in a gun safe, enroll two fingers, one on each hand, avoid paper cuts, gardening, and hand lotion, and don't ever ever sweat."

I found this post The Firing LIne forums. Hope it helps. Do your research!!!!

Edited by Farman
addition

I also tried to by a gun safe from the a--holes at On-Target. They started talking to me like I was a little kid. I decided that day to never darken there door again. They are some real jacka--es in there. I don't know how they stay in business. I guess people just don't have anywhere else to go. The owner is the DA in Murfreesboro. He is a real jacka-- also. But this is just my 2 cents worth.

I don't know about reviews, etc., but I have my eye on one from Dick's that's about $65, can be attached to the inside of a drawer or sit on a nightstand.

Guest gcrookston

A few years ago I looked at one of these in Houston. I must be in the other 20%. The salesman attempted to demonstrate it to me and although he could get it to work every time for him, he couldn't get it to work for me... So I went home with another Liberty old school.

couple of thoughts... in my experience, they work fine when all is well, you are relaxed and not in a hurry... add anxiety, stress response (sweety hands) and a healthy dose of urgency, and things can become dicey. I know spinning a dial or punching a keypad/fingerpad can as well, it can overcome the one thing the biometric cannot, the stress response/sweety hands...

just my humble opinion~

Guest bkelm18

True. You gotta think of the extreme conditions that can occur when you REALLY need to open it and get your gun. Such as your hand being covered in dirt, covered in blood, sweat, the moons out of alignment, the notorious EMP blast of lore, etc.