CEASE AND DESIST

Guest nraforlife

I'd be happy if moderating was left up to the moderators and their statements were taken seriously.

Not that it is anyone's general business but, I have already given an infraction and sent PM's in regards to post in this thread. Then tried to give a friendly warning that looks like it is going to be ignored.

I don't want to close the thread because the OP is not engaged in the side track of his topic and it has been decent discussion for the most part. I also don't want to seem heavy handed, but there are rules for all of us to play by. If you feel that someone isn't playing by those rules, there is a "Report this post" button below every post in every thread...use it. If not I will use some of the buttons available to me.

:up:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I misunderstood the OP,I would not take the time to explain the sign or posting was wrong.I would not carry in to the building either knowing what the owner was trying to say.

If a sign says NO PAKRING,I would not park in the space because the sign is spelled wrong.

The difference being, if a place is posted improperly it isn't legally posted regardless of the owner's intent. I'm not likely to shop there because I'm not much for funding those who oppose my RKBA.

As for telling someone they aren't properly posted, WHY would I want to do that?

• Administrator
Well, you could stop carrying your purse around, then maybe you would see the signs.

Ggun has been given a temporary 30 day ban from the TGO community. If he comes back and continues to treat others rudely, he will be removed permanently. No more strikes. Just one more screw-up and gone forever.

Apologies to all whom he has been a jerk toward.

I believe that silence is golden on this wrongful sign issue and respectful discussion with the owner is mandatory when a proper sign is posted.

I often do wonder how it would go down if an improper sign was posted and one was caught carrying concealedl, claimed the sign was a law violation and used that as defense.

The one word in law that scares me about this situation is the word "intent". I could only hope that the "intent" of the sign would not be enough to convict a person who fell victim but a good lawyer would probably be needed for a win on this one even though a lot of cases are thrown out on technicalities like this.

Guest Micromancer
I believe that silence is golden on this wrongful sign issue and respectful discussion with the owner is mandatory when a proper sign is posted.

I often do wonder how it would go down if an improper sign was posted and one was caught carrying concealedl, claimed the sign was a law violation and used that as defense.

The one word in law that scares me about this situation is the word "intent". I could only hope that the "intent" of the sign would not be enough to convict a person who fell victim but a good lawyer would probably be needed for a win on this one even though a lot of cases are thrown out on technicalities like this.

There are reasons the sign has criteria to be compliant. A sign that is not compliant is not a legal way to prevent carry. Intent is, "You posted your wish that people that did not have a carry permit do not carry weapons in here. Those citizens that DO have a permit are allowed to carry because this sign does not legally prevent them. I intend to be armed where ever legally possible."

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. A sign posted that isnt 30.06 compliant says to me the business point of view is "We would prefer if you aren't armed, but support your right to carry concealed by not legally disallowing you from doing so."

If you have gone through the steps to be legally armed, you have a legal right to carry anywhere it isn't prohibited by law. Non-compliant signage does not lawfully prohibit weapons on the premesis.

If *I* see a sign that says No PAKRING, I park there. When I am told I am not supposed to park there, I apologize for the inconvenience and move my car.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. A sign posted that isnt 30.06 compliant says to me the business point of view is "We would prefer if you aren't armed, but support your right to carry concealed by not legally disallowing you from doing so."

30.06 signs are TX in TN the code is 39-17-1359.

Not to sidetrack things, but from what I know of it TX code is pretty strict on how the sign has to look, wording etc... I know when I was in Houston last year and saw one, there was no doubt what it was telling you.