Celebrate the Inauguration-Glock Style

Ernest.T.Bass

I know I should honor the inauguration of a new leader of the free world and our great nation with reverence and respect. So I did. I am a team player for Team USA-so I celebrated the inauguration by purchasing a myself a new Glock while he was making the inaugural address. I figured I owed the Presiden the respect of making a wise financial decision in this time of economic downturn.

I pick up a new Model 31 / 357 Sig. It has been nearly twenty year since I had my first Glock-a Model 19. I haven't kept up with them much and I have a few questions I was hoping the TGO posse could help me out with:

1. What do I have to install/change out to shoot .40 S&W?

2. What do I have to install/change out to shoot 9mm?

3. Is there is difference between the .40 and .357 magazines?

4. Any recommended sources for magazines and 357 Sig ammo?

Thanks,

ETB

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What do I have to install/change out to shoot .40 S&W?

A standard barrel for G22 will fit.

2. What do I have to install/change out to shoot 9mm?

New 9mm CONVERSION barrel and 9mm mags. If you want it to be reliable, a new extractor, trigger housing, and spring load bearing.

3. Is there is difference between the .40 and .357 magazines?

Just the markings.

4. Any recommended sources for magazines and 357 Sig ammo?

I heard Georgia Arms has a good sale on 357 Sig ammo.

As far as magazines try

http://www.ombexpress.com/c_208/p_GA078+G38+New+08.aspx

They sometimes have a good supply.For 40sw just use your G31 mags.

I use a Lone Wolf 9MM conversion barrel in my G27 and all I change is the barrel. So far no failures of any kind. It is a little weak with my light lead bullet loads but it is quite brisk with my JHP loads. Lone Wolf has the standard 9MM conversion barrel in stock for 99.95

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=4275

Has anyone bought a Glock barrel directly from Storm Lake? They are located in Lenior City?

Storm lake makes some pretty good barrels. I believe, and i could be thinking of another company, they have some 'fitted' barrels that you can send your slide off and they will fit it to it for a more 'custom' feel.

I'll be picking up a threaded one for my G19 when i'm ready to grab a suppressor.

Can't help with recommendations for that model/caliber conversion-wise. All I know is the Lone Wolf 9mm barrel works like a champ in my 23.

What I do know is West Knox WallyWorld has about 4 or 5 boxes of .357 Sig as of about 4 pm today. Around $23-24 box.