Guns? What Guns?

Guest Schwarzgebrannt

Why waste your life fighting a well armed, well trained gun confiscation unit, when you could just visit their homes while they're out doing their work?

You win wars by making the enemy unwilling to continue.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...There are greater causes than what is best right now for ourselves and our families....

All deeply felt and well said, Mike...

This may seem like a "less to lose" copout in a sense, but:

older single farts like me just might be among "their" worst-case scenarios.

- OS

Someday down the road when order and the constitution is restored they will name high schools after some of us that defended freedom

Of course the sports teams at my school will be called the "Fightin' Chipmunks"

HA! Awesome.

I have been giving this quote a lot of thought since reading the post.

I do not want to needlessly die for a vain cause. I really do not think this a vain cause. I think it is a cause worthy of the ultimate sacrifice.

I know in my heart that I would lay down my life for my wife, kids or grandkids. No thought about it. I would do it in a heartbeat. Doing this would be as involuntary as sneezing.

What kind of life will my family have if I die over 2A? I guess they would get along.

I ask myself how it must have been in the 1760's and 1770's when the framers and revolutionaries in this country made their move. Did they think about the consequences and what would come of their families? Surely they did. What would have come of this country if they had not taken action? We would have remained subserviant to a foreign crown at the very least. These people risked their lives for the chance at freedom and democracy. Is it not a worthy cause to risk ours to retain these things?

Sometimes lives must be lost or risked to retain freedoms we feel God has given us. Not even really that. These are rights we have simply because we exist as human beings. I am not so sure I am willing to give them up so easily and without a fight. Even if that fight will cause hardship on my wife, kids and grandkids.

There are greater causes than what is best right now for ourselves and our families.

I hope this makes sense to you who reads it.

:tinfoil:

Beautiful post Mike.

OhShoot, don't forget single youngsters like me, either. Didn't one of Obama's choices want to silence the internet because it can rile up us youngsters to a cause?

I still got a lot of training to do, though.

Wow, I never really thought about it that way, It's not that I planned on laying down and just giving up, I thought it was funny to say "had a boating accident" but I guess when you put into the right light I should have never played into that line of thinking. I to will not "go quietly into the peaceful night" I have a sworn oath to protect my family and my country. As Mike said "it will as involuntary as a sneeze"

I have gone to great lengths to make sure I have enough so that everyone in my household can assist in warding anyone who would think they could just walk in and trample my rights.

Thanks to you Mike357, and poak for waking up the masses to their misguided need to hide their guns. "When it's time to bury your guns, it's time to use them." Don't know who said that but it's so true even more now.

Guest bkelm18

I once took an oath to support and defend the constitution of the United States of America, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I fully intend to obey that oath. 'Nuff said.

Guest rlrm777

I ask myself how it must have been in the 1760's and 1770's when the framers and revolutionaries in this country made their move. Did they think about the consequences and what would come of their families? Surely they did. What would have come of this country if they had not taken action? We would have remained subserviant to a foreign crown at the very least. These people risked their lives for the chance at freedom and democracy. Is it not a worthy cause to risk ours to retain these things?

Sometimes lives must be lost or risked to retain freedoms we feel God has given us. Not even really that. These are rights we have simply because we exist as human beings. I am not so sure I am willing to give them up so easily and without a fight. Even if that fight will cause hardship on my wife, kids and grandkids.

There are greater causes than what is best right now for ourselves and our families

Yea, I think they had a pretty good idea.

cCheck out this link:

http://www.jaredstory.com/limbaugh.html

The 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence proved by their every deed that they made no idle boast when they composed the most magnificent curtain line in history. "And for the support of this Declaration with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor."

It is definitely a worthy cause. And IMO, we owe it to them to do the same when the time comes.

I have been giving this quote a lot of thought since reading the post.

I do not want to needlessly die for a vain cause. I really do not think this a vain cause. I think it is a cause worthy of the ultimate sacrifice.

I know in my heart that I would lay down my life for my wife, kids or grandkids. No thought about it. I would do it in a heartbeat. Doing this would be as involuntary as sneezing.

What kind of life will my family have if I die over 2A? I guess they would get along.

There are greater causes than what is best right now for ourselves and our families.

I hope this makes sense to you who reads it.

:D

Well said Mike, I completely agree.

Furthermore, I don't take lightly that plenty of fine men (plenty I'm sure with families of their own) have died ensuring my freedoms over the last 200 years, and I don't mind returning the favor to future generations, uphill battle or not.

Guest mikedwood

I'll just keep promoting the 2nd and right to carry to everyday people.

It seems of late that at least once a day in the paper is a story of someone with a HCP, or an average citizen in some way stopping a robbery or home invasion.

The gangs are increasing in ground and there isn't much the police can or will do.

That is probably our best weapon. Statistics are also on our side.

As for fighting to preserve and defend the Constitution, damn right I'd do it. But who and what? It's a headless snake.

When would you stand up?

They will pass an assault weapons ban. What's an assault weapon? They will let you know.

Here?

All firearms transfers have to go through an FFL and be registered. For your safety. You know you might be a criminal. We need to check that out.

Here?

They will probably also ban imported ammo. Cause the money goes to terrorists or something.

Here?

They ban domestic ammo but it has to have a serial number. Make all those gun crimes easier for the police to solve. Every bullet you own and caliber recorded and how much you shoot. If Bkelm18 and myself are at the range and he wants to borrow some ammo to pop off another mag I have just commited a feloney by letting him borrow it.

Here?

Not much ammo left and what is is to much a hassle and to expensive. So they offer a gun buy back.

Here.

Maybe that makes it time to cross refrence the known gun owners with the ip of people on Internet boards still talking about guns and such dangerous silliness as that. (side note Google can tell if you are sick and what disease or if you are just curious about an ailment, if you use it for that purpose)

Here?

Several later it's door to door time.

Here?

To late because they will most likely come at 4 am in lvl 3 vests with the inserts, AR 15's and flashlights that will blind your lazy sleeping butt. Bust in the door and swarm and clear your house. You might have a 45 or a 9mm buy the bed, I can assure you, you are toast.

Darnit guys they are doing it for your saftey. Can't you see?

To late because they will most likely come at 4 am in lvl 3 vests with the inserts, AR 15's and flashlights that will blind your lazy sleeping butt. Bust in the door and swarm and clear your house. You might have a 45 or a 9mm buy the bed, I can assure you, you are toast.

it will come long before this. if and when they ever ban guns that ban will not come in the dark of the night. It will be during prime time when all the sheeple are at home watching network news. If congress resorts to conducting midnight sessions so secritive we know not what they are doing the time will have arrived. When the 2 amendmant is laid to waste the time will have come.

At what point did the founders of this nation decide to take action? History has a way of repeating itself. When the time comes it will be very obvious.

From V for Vendetta:

: Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence. Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot
People say things like this, but in real life, when the feds show up at your door you have a decision to make. "Do I want to deprive my wife & kids (or myself) of my income and freedom?" When it comes to it, I suspect that the vast majority will give them up. They'll bitch, they'll sue, they'll organize and protest, but they aren't going to give up their lives and ruin their family.

I thought about your post Bryan.

and when I read it, and thought a little..vivid pictures of many of the 3rd world countries I have visited in my lifetime, came back to me.

Dirty, starving children in the streets, people moving from place to place because they had been driven out of their homes. They didn't have firearms, or perhaps they didn't have the will to use them.

I thought of my (small) family) and the indignities and crimes that would be committed against them should I even allow the government to take my firearms.

I have 4 words for them or anyone else that comes for my freedom.

I WILL NOT YIELD.

should they come at 3 AM they will find out what happens when they disturb a man who sleeps little anyway, and awakens at the drop of a pin.

I will then (in their eyes) be a criminal..because I will prosecute an assault of my own with NO mercy.

Some widget in an office decides my fate and the fate of my family?? compromises their safety simply because of some other widgets' political posturing?? they care not one whit for the well being of my family. I'm a non entity to them. they wouldn't shed a tear, nor come to the funeral.

more importantly, they don't have to live with the consequences of the loss.

hell no. I will go on the warpath...and SHOULD I win the first fight..I will not only do everything in my power to kill the sob that gave the order to invade my house and endanger my family, I'll go after the legislator that though up the idea in the first place.

I'm already a criminal. My life is already forfeit. I will make the most of my treason. By GOD someone will pay for the perfidy...and should I fail to win the first fight..then I'll have quite a few fellas with me when I knock on hells' hinges.

I'm sure that lots of you guys think "aww..tower's full of crap..he won't do that."

You're wrong.

I fear gentlemen and ladies.

I fear very much.

it kept me alive through 2 wars and 8 nasty little skirmishes..It kept me wet on the inside when others wanted my blood.

I now fear that folks want not only my blood..but my sweat and labors and thoughts.

I will NOT allow that. I'd rather die, SO if I have to fight..I'm going to make danged sure I win the fight. I'll fight as hard as I can..and destroy the root cause of my fear..so that I won't have to face it. or worse, worry that my family may have to face it without me.

Edited by towerclimber37
Guest mikedwood
it will come long before this. if and when they ever ban guns that ban will not come in the dark of the night. It will be during prime time when all the sheeple are at home watching network news. If congress resorts to conducting midnight sessions so secritive we know not what they are doing the time will have arrived. When the 2 amendmant is laid to waste the time will have come.

At what point did the founders of this nation decide to take action? History has a way of repeating itself. When the time comes it will be very obvious.

You have 1000% more faith in the government then I do.

I think they will pass the assault weapons ban in the middle of the day. Get on TV and talk about how great it is and how safe it will make us.

The NRA will file some law suits maybe.

There will be some very vague language in there that if you put 10 lawyers in a room they would come up with 100 different interpretations of it.

It will be left up to the Attorney General to interpret "for now" in a very anti-gun manner. They will pick someone or a group or two and make an example, taking the wind out of about every ones sails.

The old "I have to think about my job, my wife, jez man I have kids" will creep into everyones mind. "I have a bolt action 22 I can still use. Hey look on the positive side, shootin is shootin right?"

That's how I see it. I'm more of a "The glass is broken, kind of guy". Just kinda running things through my mind on the Internet, that's all.

People on ********* are complaining about threads like this one getting locked or deleted even today.

Edited by mikedwood
Thought better of it
You have 1000% more faith in the government then I do.

I think they will pass the assault weapons ban in the middle of the day. Get on TV and talk about how great it is and how safe it will make us.

The NRA will file some law suits maybe.

There will be some very vague language in there that if you put 10 lawyers in a room they would come up with 100 different interpretations of it.

It will be left up to the Attorney General to interpret "for now" in a very anti-gun manner. They will pick someone or a group or two and make an example, taking the wind out of about every ones sails.

The old "I have to think about my job, my wife, jez man I have kids" will creep into everyones mind. "I have a bolt action 22 I can still use. Hey look on the positive side, shootin is shootin right?"

That's how I see it. I'm more of a "The glass is broken, kind of guy". Just kinda running things through my mind on the Internet, that's all.

People on Glocktalk are complaining about threads like this one getting locked or deleted even today.

why are the locking or deleting the threads??

Guest nraforlife

Buy some 'off the books' and keep your mouth shut about those particular firearms. Nothing wrong about showing off your dealer purchased weapons as the old government can always track those back to you, but nobodies business what else you may have around.

Maybe sounds a little tin foil hat time to some but being a little leery about the government isn't a bad thing.

Guest mikedwood
why are the locking or deleting the threads??

I don't really know, but I have seen a couple of people complaining today about threads getting locked or deleted that seem to center around discussions like this one. They may get to personal against the new president is all. Could be talks of insurrection. I don't know which if any have been deleted. I have just picked up chatter.

That site is easy to surf on my Blackberry through out the day so I often do.

I don't really know, but I have seen a couple of people complaining today about threads getting locked or deleted that seem to center around discussions like this one. They may get to personal against the new president is all. Could be talks of insurrection. I don't know which if any have been deleted. I have just picked up chatter.

That site is easy to surf on my Blackberry through out the day so I often do.

ahh...well..I say no insurrection until they decide to do away with our means to protect ourselves from them.

:bow: