Sign in to follow this  
David S. Mackiernan

NRA SILHOUETTE JACKSON, TN

Tennessee Sports Foundation  Jackson TN

3583 Riverside Drive South Jackson.

Match number One this Sunday 3-18-18

Range opens aprox. 8:30am for sight in and practice.  Match time is 9am to 4pm.

All classes run concurrently all day so come and go as you please.  Shoot all day, shoot multiple classes.

2018 classes:  all classes shoot measured in YARDS

NRA   Smallbore Rifle and Hunter Rifle.  1/5 targets

Lever Action  (this includes Lever, pump and Semi auto with Tubular magazine)  1/2 targets

Air rifle  (all 3 classes welcome)  1/10 targets

Hunter Pistol 1/2 targets.

NON NRA  CLUB CLASSES

Club rifle any .22lr

Club Pistol any .22lr     all 1/2 targets.

Come down and join the fun.

Cost is $5.00 first match.  $2.00 additional matches

Juniors shooters always welcome (must be supervised by an adult)

New  competitive shooters always welcome.

NRA score books will be available for the usual NRA $13.00 price.  These are for official scores not need for everyone.

Web site
https://www.tnsportsfoundation.org/metallic-silhouette.html

2018 Matches

March 18

April 15

May 20

June 17 off -July /August -Off

September 16

October 21

November 18

Hope to see you there!

I plan to come to one of these.  I may come in dead last, but it sounds like fun.

What is club rifle and club pistol?

Edited by deerslayer

Come on over and join the fun.  Last Sundays match day was outstanding.

We welcome any shooter with a good nature.

Club rifle and  club pistol are for anyone who does not want to shoot an NRA class.

Maybe they want to try a scoped rifle on the larger targets? That is how we all start out.

Maybe they have a rifle that has no NRA category , like an AR-22 with iron sights.

Or its a way for dad or mom and the kids to get into the game without pressure to score big.

But it is fun.  Even I, whip out the 10/22 with tech sights (appleseed style) and shoot club rifle sometimes.

We shoot from 9am to4pm.  So there is plenty of time to warm up with a club class and work up to an offical class.

Good luck!

A scope CZ 455 will work.  I carry one as my backup match rifle.  The CZ shoots just as good as my Anschutz 1712.  Standard  class the rifle with scope has to be under 10.2 pounds with a safe trigger. Bull barrel is okay in standard class and you can go a little more than a hunting  style  rifle stock.   In the hunter rifle class the rifle  with  scope has to be under 8 1/2 pounds with a 2 pound or higher  trigger pull.  Hunter rifle must  have a taper barrel and a hunting type stock.  There are other things in both classes concerning scope height and type/size of stock/comb/fore end.  Most club matches that I have shot over the years don't get to much upset on the little things. They want the new shooters to grow the sport.   But, if you go to a State Match, Regional Match, and/or the Nationals your rifle will be checked.  Seen many crying because their rifle did not make the rules during inspection.  But to get back to your question a CZ 455 will make a good silhouette  rifle.  Just get the one with the taper barrel, work the trigger to 2.25 pounds, keep weight under 8.5 pounds, and use the factory  stock.  You can use a Hunter Rifle  in the Standard Rifle class.  

• Like 1

The CZ'S are damned amazing right out of the box.

Deerslayer.  Just come on over and try it.  Anyone can show up with Any .22lr.  We will fit you in.

CZ455 will be right at home.

We run a very casual match.  I have scales and trigger pull guages available if anyone wants to see how thier rig fits the rules.  But we dont turn anyone away.

I will make up a.class for anyone who does not fit in an NRA class.

Heck, we once had more AR-22 shooters than NRAsmallbore.  

Everyone is welcome.  

I have no idea what my 455 weighs, but I would bet the farm it makes the 8.5 lb cutoff.  I am going to try to make it April 15.