Thinking about buying a full auto - where to find one?

I am thinking about buying a full auto pistol. I would like a vector uzi but they seem to average $7000+ which is a little too much. It looks like a mac 11 would be a little more affordable for me at around $3-4k.

I have looked on gunbroker and sturmgewehr. Any other sites that I should be looking at?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sturmgewehr.com is about the best, probably find the best deals there, check out subguns.com most list on both. Don't know his pricing, but might check with herogear in winchester. Although the sales tax on a 4k gun instate might make buying out of state and paying a xfer cheaper. Just where I would start looking .... also

If you can find a buyer in state you can go person to person and just pay 1 tax stamp. Great deal if you can find one in state ... bought both of mine that way and didn't have to pay double tax or shipping or class 3 xfer. Just FYI some people will tell you you still have to involve a dealer in state. Not the case. You still can't take posession till the stamp comes in so be sure you buy from someone you can get ahold of pretty easy. That's the only risk.

Guest racer64

I have done a class III deal over subguns. It worked out great and the seller was in state. I only had to pay one tax and got to look at it before I was out the big money for a machine gun. I would keep looking on there, but keep in mind for a first MG the types you are looking at have a very fast RPM.

Jeff,

I love my M11/9 and bought it from Coal Creek...if you haggle with JWP he will give you a great price and plus he will let you shoot it while your waiting for the stamp to get back at CCA's indoor range(course you cant take it home). I would highly recommend setting aside the $750 for the Lage Max 11 upper though...it completely transforms the gun into something useful. If you like to keep things stock and can afford an Uzi go that route as they are better bone stock...if your looking to save some money go the M11/9 route and put the Lage upper on it. Most people seem to agree the Lage upper makes the gun as good as an Uzi...i have never shot an Uzi so I cant comment on that one.

Guest VolDaddy

All of the above re great ideas. I have also used Jerry Prasser @ Recon Ordnance in Fond du Lac, Wi 920-922-1515. He is a long time Class III dealer and overall super person to deal with. If you know what you want he will have it. He also has M-11s with Lage uppers on them already. Also try Larry Langston down at Guns and Ammo on Summer. I have used them for all of my Memphis transfers. Tell him to call you if they have someone local wanting to sell something. Warning Larry is had of hearing from years of full auto, and racing cars. So speak loudly. Also Brighton Arms has some Class III stuff you can rent amd shoot at their indoor range. A good Idea before your to shell out thousands on something. And If you go the Mac route get on Lages waiting list for his upcomming 22 upper. Im # 77.:)

Also:

Max-11.com

uzitalk.com

We have a pristine Mac-11 coming up for sale.

It had been sitting in the vault waiting on the buyer to execute the Form 4 for at least 5 years. He decided during the election to go with a different gun, so it's available for sale just as soon as the gunsmiths clean it up a little to knock the cobwebs off.

I'm not sure of the exact price, but if you're interested I can work it up in a flash.

Guest crotalus01

check out www.firearmdeals.com. Larry Lasco is great to deal with, and he usually has M11 9s with all the Lage trimmings for $5K - which is about what it would cost you to buy the gun and the Lage stuff yourself and build it.

edit to add almost all of Larry's stuff is on Form 3, it transfers to your Class 3 dealer free so you only have 1 transfer tax, from your dealer to you.

Edited by crotalus01
additional info

Larry Langston at Guns and Ammo is a great guy to deal with. Old friends with my dad. They go way back with cars and drag racing. Larry drives a white 97 Z28 and the license plate is simply "CLASS 3". good stuff.

He showed me his recently acquired Thompson from WWII that will rock n roll, it was in awesome shape, he was proud of it for sure. Heavy SOB though.