Was checking my bank account!!!

WWW.FIREARMSPCA  and they withdrew $5.00 from my account without my authorization. I went and found this :

Donate | Nevada Firearms PAC

www.nvfacpac.org/donate/

Donate. Thank you for your support of the Nevada Firearms PAC and our 2nd Amendment Rights. Please consider joining our Caliber Club by clicking here to make a monthly donation to help us defend our right to bear arms.

I called my bank and they will be putting the $5.00 back in my account tomorrow and will be blocking any future attempts by this outfit to tap my bank account. My bank person also told me that the home base to this outfit appears to be located in Sacramento California. Ya'll may want to check your accounts because most folks might not pay much attention to a $5.00 withdrawl but if they do it one time and don't get caught they will continue to do it until they get caught. The next withdraw might be for a lot more than $5.00.............T

Edited by bersaguy
1 minute ago, TGO David said:

Doug, that sounds like the Firearms Policy Coalition that I linked to just the other day.  They are in Sacramento.

Did you donate to them??

No David, I did not donate to them but they withdrew $5.00 from my bank account. Are they someone we support or want to support?

• Administrator
Just now, bersaguy said:

No David, I did not donate to them but they withdrew $5.00 from my bank account. Are they someone we support or want to support?

Are you SURE?

That's the organization I linked to just a few days ago in the thread where folks were griping about the NRA.  They have a form on their page that you'd have to have filled out to donate, but $5.00 is one of the options.

3 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Are you SURE?

That's the organization I linked to just a few days ago in the thread where folks were griping about the NRA.  They have a form on their page that you'd have to have filled out to donate, but $5.00 is one of the options.

I use a debit card to make any donations and each tiime I stub it just like a check and I went back to check my bank register for my checking account and they are not listed in it. Besides that I would have donated more than $5.00 if it was something we plan to support. Why would it be listed as a Nevada organization if they are located in Sacramento? No where on their Cache does it mention Scaramento but does mention everything about Nevada and gives a Las Vegas address?????

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I use a debit card to make any donations and each tiime I stub it just like a check and I went back to check my bank register for my checking account and they are not listed in it. Besides that I would have donated more than $5.00 if it was something we plan to support. Why would it be listed as a Nevada organization if they are located in Sacramento? No where on their Cache does it mention Scaramento but does mention everything about Nevada and gives a Las Vegas address?????

A lot of companies form LLCs and Corporations in Nevada because Nevada is very friendly to that sort of thing.

Check your email, Doug.  See if you have ANYTHING from "Firearms Policy Coalition <thankyou@anedot.com>" as the sender.

Maybe that charge *isn't* from these guys at all.

• Moderators

Could it be that one of the things that you most definitely DID donate to had a checkbox at the donation page saying something along the lines of "Check here to support the Firearms Policy Coalition with a one time donation of $5.00?"

That is also possible. I'm not sure whether that organization "partners" with anyone is a way such as that but it is somewhat common for groups such as that to "piggy back" off each other.

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, CZ9MM said:

Could it be that one of the things that you most definitely DID donate to had a checkbox at the donation page saying something along the lines of "Check here to support the Firearms Policy Coalition with a one time donation of $5.00?

That is also possible. I'm not sure whether that organization "partners" with anyone is a way such as that but it is somewhat common for groups such as that to "piggy back" off each other.

Oh yeah that's a really good point, to be honest.  I've seen things like that on retailer sites too.  Order some ammo or mags or something, check that box, and BAM you make a donation to the FPC.

• Moderators
Could it be that one of the things that you most definitely DID donate to had a checkbox at the donation page saying something along the lines of "Check here to support the Firearms Policy Coalition with a one time donation of $5.00?
This.

Ok, I got this 2 days ago in my email:

FPC Support <support@firearmspolicy.org>

Mar 25 (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Friend --

Thank you for joining Firearms Policy Coalition.

Click here to activate your account.

FPC Support
http://www.firearmspolicy.org/

Paid for by the Firearms Policy Coalition.
Not Authorized By Any Candidate
Or Candidate's Committee.
(www.firearmspolicy.org/)

This email was sent to drichards.sr@gmail.com.

Privacy Policy

• Moderators

-

1 minute ago, bersaguy said:

Ok, I got this 2 days ago in my email:

FPC Support <support@firearmspolicy.org>

Mar 25 (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Friend --

Thank you for joining Firearms Policy Coalition.

Click here to activate your account.

FPC Support
http://www.firearmspolicy.org/

Paid for by the Firearms Policy Coalition.
Not Authorized By Any Candidate
Or Candidate's Committee.
(www.firearmspolicy.org/)

This email was sent to drichards.sr@gmail.com.

Privacy Policy

Personally, I think someone wasn't paying attention while donating/shopping:D

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

-

Personally, I think someone wasn't paying attention while donating/shopping:D

I won't say I didn't do it because I could have but for me to not stub it in my check register would be a 1 in 10,000 impossibility. I have had this checking account 21 years and I check it every day to balance it and on the 21st I renewed my NRA and on the 26th I joined GOA and they are both stubbed and according to my bank I did this on 3/25 but it is not stubbed. I am not going to say I didn't donate the 5 bucks but when it comes to any type of Pro Gun support I would give more than 5 bucks..........:doh: 

29 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:
32 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

This.

They may be piggy backing with NRA because it was after I renewed with them when it happened. Oh well stupid is as stupid does and I guess I was stupid this round.............:wall:

• Administrator
2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Sorry if I messed anything up David. Especially over $5.00!!

You didn't mess anything up for me, but I think it's a good reminder for everyone to pay attention when they're shopping online.

One thing that *could* come of it if you don't call the bank and cancel your reversal of that credit card charge, though, is that the FPC could get dinged by their bank.  Any business that gets dinged too many times for "fraudulent" charges will eventually have their account cancelled by the bank.

• Like 1

A lot of browsers (especially Chrome) will save your credit card info whenever you make a legitimate purchase, and then auto populate the fields on a web page where you buy something from a different site. If your browser has your info saved, it's possible that it may have populated the web form, and then you clicked thru it and accidentally made the purchase.

• Like 1

I will just go by the bank today and get it all corrected  and Get set up to receive a new Debit card with a new code and that way anyone that might have it stored it will no longer work for them. Bank said a card turn around time was 3 to 5 days max. That will give everything still in processing to clear.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, TGO David said:

You didn't mess anything up for me, but I think it's a good reminder for everyone to pay attention when they're shopping online.

One thing that *could* come of it if you don't call the bank and cancel your reversal of that credit card charge, though, is that the FPC could get dinged by their bank.  Any business that gets dinged too many times for "fraudulent" charges will eventually have their account cancelled by the bank.

As far as their getting dinged by their own bank for Fraudulent charges, if they are actually committing Fraud what does that say about that company or organization.............:confused:

• Moderators
As far as their getting dinged by their own bank for Fraudulent charges, if they are actually committing Fraud what does that say about that company or organization.............default_confused.gif

But if you go tell your bank and tell them that they (in this case, the firearms association) took money out of your account and then your bank passes it along to their bank, all the while when you gave them permission (on purpose or not), they in get trouble over a bit of confusion on your end. They wouldn’t be in the wrong.

It would be like me paying you $10.00 via credit card for some ammo and then me going to my bank telling them that you stole money from me.

That’s what he was talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Moderators
Well I will go up to my bank here in about 15 minutes and yell them it was my error and let them have the $5.00 and tell them to let it go cause it was my mistake. I won't let them take a fall for it.

My advice? Tell, don’t yell:D

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

My advice? Tell, don’t yell:D

If your referring to my larger bold print I have cataracs and reading and typing small print is a strain on my eyes. I did have catarac surgery scheduled till I had the heart attack in January and I am now on all kinds of blood thinners so the eye doctor has put it off for at least another year and making me another pair of Glasses to get me through till then. He is going to have to make this pair stronger than the ones I am wearing now. I have a Mat/Magnifyer that fits computer screen to help me read other peoples posts