CZ Bolt Action Rifles

Westwindmike

Anyone here have a CZ bolt action rifle. I saw one at a local shop and after handling it, I knew I had to have it. It didn't feel like a cheap .22. It felt like a big game rifle. The bolt worked smoothly, the stock had nice wood, and it hefted like a big rifle.

So now I'm trying to sell some things to be able to go get it. Am I nuts? Or am I right that it is a great rifle.

Opinions?

main001.png

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are nice rifles. Even more so when you consider the price. You can always to to cz452.com and order a pair of Weaver bases for the rifles 11mm base. This will allow you to use Weaver rings. I am happy with the pair I have.

Guest FroggyOne2

The triggers are just like a Winchester trigger.. very easy to work on.. and the darn things shoot really well to boot. Don't think that you will go wrong at all in getting one. YMMV, but don't think that it will very too much from others that I have seen do so well!

Guest EasilyObsessed

They get fantastic reviews on rimfirecentral.com. I have been thinking about picking one of them up myself. Looking forward to a review.

Guest 70below

I put my hands on one a while back and really loved 'em too. I've thought seriously about getting a 452. I saw somewhere online a while back they had the european style stock model for $330 and the American for $360.....I'm going to have to look for that again.

Not trying to brag....well, maybe a little :(, I have 3. I have found that with match ammo, Wolf Gold Medal, Eley Tenex, etc, both my American and my Silhouette will do tiny, tiny groups at 25 yards to the point it gets boring. The kind of bored I can live with though. Both 22LR guns were shooting the Federal Champion into about a 1/2" at 25 yards and the junky stuff like Remington Thunderbolt into 3/4" at 25. My 22 mag seems to like the Fiocchi 40 grainers best but I have more exploring to do. It will shoot then consistently under 1/2" at 50 yards but when I can keep everything so-so it puts them in one hole. I realized it is the scope not having parallax adjustment causing the problem. Got a Nikon with an A/O I am going to throw on it and try to do the one hole consistently.

As to triggers, my silhouette came out best at 1lb 9oz trigger but the other 2 both do around 2lbs...clean. They are easy to adjust. I have CZ rings on one but I don't remember having trouble finding 11mm rings for the others.

50 Yard group using Fiocchi 40JHP in 452 Mag. Groups are even smaller from my American and Silhouette with Match ammo but I don't have picsgroup22maguf0.jpg

By bbse at 2009-01-30

URL%5D

URL%5D

Edited by glockster157
Ad pic

Well, I did it. Bought a new to me, CZ 452 American. No pics yet, looks just like the one in my first post.

First impressions:

Beautiful wood

Deep blueing

Smooth action

Sweet trigger!!!

This is going to be a keeper. It was too cold to do much, but we were popping golf balls at 50-75 yards with it. And they were swinging on string in the trees.

More later.

Mike

Just thought I post a pic of some of the accuracy potential of the CZ453 Varmint at 100 yards. Scope Bushnell Banner 6-24x40 mil-dot (great little scope for the $) The pic is of 50 rounds of Blazer 22 LR ammo (cheap stuff), cross wind 10-15 mph right to left, ambient temp 45F. Shooting 10 rounds at a time from a poly mag, rapid as possible cycling bolt and coming back to target center.

It does have the set trigger, however, this was using base trigger set at 3.5 lbs.

What a hoot! :censored:

CZ453.jpg

CZ453b-1.jpg

I am itching to get my hands on one of the Mannlicher stocked 452's. So much so that I am selling one of my pistols to do so. I have a 452 with a Brooks kit, rings are not a problem.

I own several CZ's. They are a fantastic rifle. Of mine my favorite is the CZ550 in 375 H&H Mag. The CZ is the most widely used gun in Africa. The Mauser action is smooth, the trigger is spot on once you get it dialed in to your preferences. It's reliability is... well again it is the most used rifle for dangerous game in Africa, enough said. Most hunters there say if it isn't a double, it's a CZ.

I own at least one rifle of every major brand. My favorite rifles are the CZ and the Savage out of the mas manufactured brands.

Edited by Warbird
Guest TnDeerHunter

I just purchased a 542 this week. I checked the Camp Perry rimfire champion sight and the winner and 2nd place both were shooting CZ 452. I haven't got to shoot mine yet have been floating the barrell mounting scope and all the good stuff before I shoot it. There is some great sights on line about CZ's if you use your search engine. Also found a trigger kit for about 15 dollars, with this kit they say you can bring the trigger pull down to about 1/2 pound.