How many rounds?

Guest EDWSRTN

I carry 4 clips of 13 each on my hip. One clip of 13 and one in the whole in the gun.

Thats not all and a full boxs of 100 in the glove boxs.

He he he MAKE MY DAY!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a sort of related note, I recently stopped carrying a magazine pouch. I used to wear one on the opposite side and practice speed reloads, then I just quit doing it one day. Just decided that I didn't need it, and that pocket carry would be fine for the spare. Plus my wife tells me I look a lot less like a dork without one.

Provided it doesn't move, you don't end up in a position where you can't readily access your pocket (say kneeling down behind a brick mailbox), and you don't print horribly.

As for rounds when I leave the house, some where between 5 and 76.

When i'm toting the 1911... i carry 7+1 and another mag in my pocket.

When its the P30.. i've got 15+1 and a 15 rounder in the pocket.

76 grimel? What the heck are you carrying? lol

Guest Revelator

Hopefully my first 16 rounds will either take care of the threat or get me to a place where I can, if need be, have time to get the extra magazine out. Seriously, sometimes I wonder why I even carry a spare magazine with 16 already in. Zombies, I guess. ;) Funny, last night I was telling my wife about the time I almost sold my Saiga .308, and she kind of laughed and whispered, "No, honey, remember, we have to have it for when the zombies come."

...and she kind of laughed and whispered, "No, honey, remember, we have to have it for when the zombies come."

Though there is no legal precedent, I'm assuming that a zombie, being already dead, would have no recourse for damages in civil court; but what about living relatives of a zombie?

- OS

Hopefully my first 16 rounds will either take care of the threat or get me to a place where I can, if need be, have time to get the extra magazine out. Seriously, sometimes I wonder why I even carry a spare magazine with 16 already in. Zombies, I guess. ;) Funny, last night I was telling my wife about the time I almost sold my Saiga .308, and she kind of laughed and whispered, "No, honey, remember, we have to have it for when the zombies come."

The weakest link in an auto is the magazine. I'm not much for trusting to luck if my luck is running so badly I'm involved in a gun fight, so I want at least 1 spare just in case my mag decides now is the time to fail.

I (that would be me) feel better with two 6 shot snubbies than 1 auto with no spare mag. I fully believe Murphy was an optimist.

I went for a walk the other day and carried a G19 and an extra mag, a G26 w/no spare, and 4 30 round AK magazines. 160 rounds total.

However, I didn't take an AK with me, so I couldn't use those rounds. I had just tossed the loaded mags into a backpack-- it was an easy way to add some extra weight so that I burn more calories on my walk.

Guest Halfpint

Most of the time, it's my compact 1911 with 7+1, a couple of spare 8-rounders, and a J-frame as a BUG. I'm considering knocking it down to one 8-round mag as it warms up, simply because it's easier to conceal one than two. Still sticking with the BUG though.

Currently, I carry 7+1 in the firearm, and an 8 round magazine on the opposite hip. 9mm hollowpoint, in both cases.

If I need more than 16 rounds, I figure I am pretty well screwed regardless.

Guest Revelator
I went for a walk the other day and carried a G19 and an extra mag, a G26 w/no spare, and 4 30 round AK magazines. 160 rounds total.

However, I didn't take an AK with me, so I couldn't use those rounds. I had just tossed the loaded mags into a backpack-- it was an easy way to add some extra weight so that I burn more calories on my walk.

Next time just take the AK without any ammo. You'd burn even more calories, it would be perfectly legal, and you'd have the sidewalk ALL TO YOURSELF. :tough::):D:):)

When I'm off and out I'll carry the Taurus 85 ultalite loaded with 125 grain Speer Gold Dots and 2, sometimes 4 speed strips of same. I was hoping my SP101 would be in today. At that point I'll carry it with 4 speed strips and the 85 as a bug, maybe with 1 speed strip right beside it. I always think of the handgun as a tool to use to fight your way back to your long gun. When I get to my truck, I'll transition to the good ole Model 94!

USPc...

Just the mag in the pistol. 10rd

(I bought mine during the ban, and I have never been able

to let go of $40 bucks for just two more rounds, when I could

buy 10 rds with a finger rest for $9.99 at CDNN. Needless to say

I have a bunch of 10rd. mags!! LOL! :hat:)

On rare, and I mean rare occasions... I have an extra mag in my jacket.Normally keep an extra mag in the truck, and when traveling out

of state two extra mags.

Guest RISC777

Either:

A. 10+1 .45 Corbon with 10 in a spare mag

or

B. 14+1 .40 Hydra-Shok with 14 in a spare mag

Could always (between what's on the belt and in the vehicle) -

C. 14+1 .40 Hydra-Shok with 14 in a spare and two more 14s of Hornady TAPs

or

D. A + C :hat: (21 .45s + 57 .40s)

USPc...

Just the mag in the pistol. 10rd

(I bought mine during the ban, and I have never been able

to let go of $40 bucks for just two more rounds, when I could

buy 10 rds with a finger rest for $9.99 at CDNN. Needless to say

I have a bunch of 10rd. mags!! LOL! :D)

On rare, and I mean rare occasions... I have an extra mag in my jacket.Normally keep an extra mag in the truck, and when traveling out

of state two extra mags.

That still kills me. Stupid AWB.

HK P30 w\ 15 +1 FTW! :hat: