Gunshow in Franklin this weekend......

Guest ETS_Inc

Guest ETS_Inc

Ladies and gents,

I hope I'm not out of line posting this here. I just wanted to remind everyone that there will be a Bob Pope's Gun Show at the Williamson County Ag Expo Center in Franklin this coming weekend.

Elite Tactical Systems will have some tables set up, selling Remington 870-based AOW's, our line of suppressors, a couple Title I guns, and various firearms accesories.

If you find yourself at the show, drop by the table, introduce yourself and say hi.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, I don't think so. The red-head will be with me! :D

I plan on attending Saturday... I'll look for you, Frank. I'll be the one walking around with the hot red-head.
Uh, I don't think so. The red-head will be with me! :D

:D

Ooops... That's right... I meant Sunday! We'll be back up there Sunday. I was looking at the wrong day on the calendar...

Hmmm, might not be able to make it up there Sunday...

You'll have time to kill Sat, so you can go it alone if you want. I plan on going on Sunday myself. I hear Bob Pope's shows are superior to the usual Nashville fairgrounds fare.

:D

Ooops... That's right... I meant Sunday! We'll be back up there Sunday. I was looking at the wrong day on the calendar...

Hmmm, might not be able to make it up there Sunday...

You'll have time to kill Sat, so you can go it alone if you want. I plan on going on Sunday myself. I hear Bob Pope's shows are superior to the usual Nashville fairgrounds fare.

I might take a breather and head over to Franklin during some of the classroom time...

And yes, Bob Pope runs a MUCH better show than the Bill Goodman ridicuousnessnessness.

Guest ETS_Inc

It's really a matter of perspective. The Pope shows are better, but they also tend to be populated by non-gun dealers, even moreso than Goodman's. At the Goodman's show last weekend, I only saw one lady hawking jewelry, but it was a small display on the edge of her husband's table full of guns. The Pope show usually has plenty of beef jerky, jewelry, airsoft, and other assorted stuff. Then there's the guy who rents 8 tables just to show off his collection of Rugers. He's not selling them, he's taking the words 'gun SHOW' quite serious.

Having said that, I do agree that the Pope shows are better, if for no other reason than they draw a bigger crowd and more vendors.

Shame I don't live closer, I hear these shows are pretty decent. There's a show here in Knoxville on the 30th but I've never heard anyone say anything good about the shows here.

I won't be attending this show. I'll be moving boxes in the hot sun.

Just did that a week ago, luckily it was only 92 and humid and it only took 2 16 hour days :D.

Good luck with that.

I will be anywhere else. I hate gun shows.

I hear you. You don't fit in unless you are a Civil War nut or Neo Nazi.

There aren't that many deals to be had on used guns, and no deals on ammo or new guns. If anything you pay more at the gun show because most people who go are under the impression that you get bargain prices, when in reality you do not. I think some of the dealers exploit this and raise their prices a bit compared to a store price.

I'm a little far away, but wish I could come by and see your stuff, Frank. You ever do a Knoxville or Tri-Cities show?

I'm really not big on gun shows. I find prices can normally be found cheaper elsewhere and I'd rather support local stores. Mostly, when I go it's to see new stuff and talk to people.

I hear you. You don't fit in unless you are a Civil War nut or Neo Nazi.

There aren't that many deals to be had on used guns, and no deals on ammo or new guns. If anything you pay more at the gun show because most people who go are under the impression that you get bargain prices, when in reality you do not. I think some of the dealers exploit this and raise their prices a bit compared to a store price.

I've seen plenty of average folks there. I guess some neos as well.

My issue is that there are always a bunch of seedy guys at the door. When you come in, they ask "whatcha got in the case?" You show them and they ask what you want for it. It doesnt matter what you answer. You could tell them you want $50 for your unfired Colt Python and they'll hand it back to you and say thanks.

Last show I went to I scoped out the ammo. Most of it was more than I charge in my little retail shop. You can get hard to find magazines and holsters. I stopped by one guy to talk about grips for one of my revolvers. He was just short of rude.

But it would be worth it just to see Frank's table with his kewl toys on it.

I've seen plenty of average folks there. I guess some neos as well.

My issue is that there are always a bunch of seedy guys at the door. When you come in, they ask "whatcha got in the case?" You show them and they ask what you want for it. It doesnt matter what you answer. You could tell them you want $50 for your unfired Colt Python and they'll hand it back to you and say thanks.

Last show I went to I scoped out the ammo. Most of it was more than I charge in my little retail shop. You can get hard to find magazines and holsters. I stopped by one guy to talk about grips for one of my revolvers. He was just short of rude.

But it would be worth it just to see Frank's table with his kewl toys on it.

I sold a shotgun that way, got alot more for it than I could have trading it in... he wasn't a seedy looking fellow though, and he already had 2 ARs over his shoulders. He just wanted what I had.

I'm looking forward to seeing this show... But it's like anything in Nashville, a mish-mash of folks. And like you say, there certainly exists a small, though ever-present questionable element.

Well, I'm volunteering at the TFA table from 11a-2p on Sunday, so if any TGO-ers are at the show, be sure to come by and say hi.

(Yes, I will have TGO business cards to hand out!)

Guest ETS_Inc
I was there today. It was not all that great.

I did get to hold Frank's new toy. I can not wait to play with it.

I took it to On Target after the show. I gotta say, an MP-5A2 will eat 50 rounds in no time at all. You've gotta love full-auto fun.