Got a question for you guys in the know

I've had my permit now for 8 years or more. When I went through the course the question was brought up about the gun you would be carrying being registered to you. The instructor at that time told the group it didn't have to be registered to you as long as it was legal (not used in a crime, serial numbers missing, etc. )

Now not having taken the course since 2000, what do the current laws state about that ? I tried hunting them down but I guess I haven't dug deep enough or just not smart enough to ask google the right question :D

So my question is, does every gun you use to carry have to be registered to you ? I could carry as many as 4 guns in a week depending on what I am wearing.

this came up in conversation today with a buddy about to start the process of getting himself and his wife a permit.

All help appreciated.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL ! What i meant to say was

I currently carry as many as 4 DIFFERENT guns throughout the week depending on what fits best for what I am doing that day.

Didn't want you all to think I am some kind of rambo nut.

Thanks for the help guys !!

ONLY 4????;)

he he he, I knew that was coming !!

I've carried 3 at one time, but I can only carry so many back up clips before I get confused on which clip is where.

But I guess 10 pistols all with hi caps is equal to 5 with extra clips. That's my part in cutting back to help the enviroment :D

he he he, I knew that was coming !!

I've carried 3 at one time, but I can only carry so many back up clips before I get confused on which clip is where.

But I guess 10 pistols all with hi caps is equal to 5 with extra clips. That's my part in cutting back to help the enviroment :tinfoil:

You HAVE heard of the NY reload,haven't you?

Swap guns,not mags.:P

I once did an advanced class with a Taurus 9mm and heard a rumor of what come at us next.

I emptied my 9mm when it quit on me(caused by the instructor) and brought out my Norinco .45 as back up. I "won the day".

I got a look or two from a couple of people also.:D

Guest Phantom6

:D

You are carrying a freakin' Garand? Damn, that must be difficult to conceal when ya don't want folks to know when you are carryin'.:tough:

Oh, uh, maybe ya meant magazines. After all, a clip is a piece of steal used to load cartrages into the magazine of a firearm and is generally left on the battle field.

I've carried 3 at one time, but I can only carry so many back up magazines before I get confused on which magazine is where.

There. Fixed that for you. :)