Range bags

Who uses what for a range bag? Did you buy a dedicated bag or box? Do you make do? Do you need a handtruck to carry everything?

I have a DeWalt tool bag, but not real happy with it. By the time I stuff ammo, targets, tape, staple gun, ear muffs, extra ear plug, and the list goes on and on. I like to be organized :hat:?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

The bag I currently use is a little travel bag I got from Walgreens a couple years ago. I've been eyeballing the MidwayUSA Range Bag that MidwayUSA (duh) sells. Everyone who has said they have one says they love it.

Most range bags I looked at a few years ago seemed a little steep for me.

I looked in the fishing section of Sports Academy a few years ago and they had some tackle bags on sale. I got this one for about 16 bucks.

bag2.jpg

Bag.jpg

It came with some plastic tackle box stuff as well. (Gave them away.) While looking at it the sales guy was trying to help me and asked what kind of fishing I did. I told him I didn't fish and he said "Ahhhh.. your a shooter huh?" Turns out he said sees a few guys coming in and buying these for range bags.

Works good for me. Shoulder strap and double sewn handles, the main compartment has the heavy duty zippers that you can put a small lock on (only good for keeping kids out), the two sides can hold eight 50rd boxes in each side, plus about three pistols in the middle compartment plus my other junk. (Strap comes in handy when fully loaded.) It doesn't have the cool mag holders and stuff like that.... but suits me well.

Also it doesn't "look" like a range bag. That is something that I like too.

(I also use an old portable diaper changing mat that folds up small as a pistol rug. :hat: )

Reposted from this old thread.

Guest flyfishtn

I picked up a Midway USA range bag when they had them on sale and I love it. If I am only shooting one pistol then it is overkill but if it is a full day with all types of guns, then completely worth it.

Lots of space, pockets and gun rags. Worth the money IMO.

Guest Jcochran88
I picked up a Midway USA range bag when they had them on sale and I love it. If I am only shooting one pistol then it is overkill but if it is a full day with all types of guns, then completely worth it.

Wish I had done this! Right now I am using an old collapsable cooler. Hey it works but can't fit everthing I need into it. Going to have to get a bigger one! Besides then I will have some thing to put my lunch back into!

Guest coldblackwind

I use a big ole Jeep dufflebag. Works good for getting everything in, and organized, but try filling up a big ole dufflebag with various metal objects, then try to pick it up...

I'll second that! This is a great bag with plenty of extra pouches and storage.

I got one of these:

s7_123603_imageset_01?$main-Large$

I got one that looks like that, except it has pockets on both sides not the mesh. That thing is my gun tool bag, those plastic cases will fit a lot of crap in them.

Oh and for a range bag I use my Smith & wesson FREE range bag. :bored:

Guest mustangdave

Remington Range bags at Wally World....$20...I bought 2...one for me one for the bro in law...gonna go back get another one for the wifes gear

Sounds like you are trying to put too much in one bag,been there done that oh 3 decades ago.I usually put my gun,ammo,mags/speedloaders and ammo in a smaller bag.Stuff like staple gun,staples,pasters,ear muffs etc. go in a tool box.You can buy a good sized plastic one at Wallyworld pretty cheap.

Sounds like you are trying to put too much in one bag,been there done that oh 3 decades ago.I usually put my gun,ammo,mags/speedloaders and ammo in a smaller bag.Stuff like staple gun,staples,pasters,ear muffs etc. go in a tool box.You can buy a good sized plastic one at Wallyworld pretty cheap.

I guess I'll have to divey things up and my wife will have to carry her own :D. At least her guns and ammo.

I had made a target stand out of PVC but she blew that up.:tinfoil: I don't have to drag that around anymore:):P.