What's best IWB holster?

Guest Carrilite

Guest Carrilite

What's the best IWB holster for a Kimber Crimson Carry ll? I will probably carry at about 4 oclock. I'm about 5' 10" and 205 lbs. I'm all excited, I called and checked the status of my HCP today and she said it was approved and was being sent out today. :hat: Now I've got to get my holster so I can do my Wally World walk.

Carrilite

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I'm all excited, I called and checked the status of my HCP today and she said it was approved and was being sent out today. :hat: Now I've got to get my holster so I can do my Wally World walk.

Carrilite

I think most of us had already worn our first carry holster for weeks around the house, before we ever got the permit.

Actually, for months, up until recently!

You may have the money for the best IWB holster(s), but you certainly don't have the time, as lead times of the "top ten" makers is 6 months to 2 years. :P

I'm quite happy with D.M. Bullard (see avatar) for three of the guns I have...can be had in a couple of weeks or so...

He makes that one and several other IWB models for 1911s. I strongly suggest that whatever you get, you get one with double clips/loops rather than a single one, especially a single one at the already thickest part of the holster/gun.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Comptac Minotaur Spartan, Crossbreed supertuck, also had good luck with High Noon, and Comptac Infidel for all kydex.

Yeah, you should have ordered a holster when you sent off for your permit.

You will end up having to drop some $$ and figure out what works best for you.

Guest Carrilite

Thanks for the help! I have been looking at all the choices. Holy crap, I should have started looking at these a couple of months ago. I am looking at the D M Bullards and they have one for my gun but it has one for a gun with rails or without. Not meaning to ask a stupid question but, what is a rail? :hat:

Thanks for the help! I have been looking at all the choices. Holy crap, I should have started looking at these a couple of months ago. I am looking at the D M Bullards and they have one for my gun but it has one for a gun with rails or without. Not meaning to ask a stupid question but, what is a rail? :screwy:

Rail is a built-in "bracket" that you attach lights/lasers to. Either just slotted groove on both sides, and/or with cross rails like the one below. Since it takes up additional space, the holster has to be cut for it.

If you decide on Bullard, you might email or call to make sure you're getting the one you need. He'll always replace them if mixups, but you don't want to waste the time...

1911-Rail-SS-L.jpg

I strongly suggest that whatever you get, you get one with double clips/loops rather than a single one, especially a single one at the already thickest part of the holster/gun.

- OS

Folks...this is very good advise that will save you a lot of money trying to find a good holster. If you want to do anything smart in selecting an IWB holster - Do this first and foremost!

Guest Carrilite

Thanks Oh Shoot for explaining the rail. My gun doesn't have a rail. So now I can order one. Wow, That Smith & Wesson that you put on there is a beautiful gun. I would like to add that to my collection.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I'm still looking. So far I like the Bullard and the Super Tuck.

Thanks Oh Shoot for explaining the rail. My gun doesn't have a rail. So now I can order one. Wow, That Smith & Wesson that you put on there is a beautiful gun. I would like to add that to my collection.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I'm still looking. So far I like the Bullard and the Super Tuck.

You can probably get a Crossbreed in a week or less. Obviously a fine rig, or some many wouldn't swear by it. Same with COMP-TAC. (matter of fact, those are Comp-Tac belt clips on my Bullard in avatar pic, long story).

Just depends on your feeling re kydex vs. leather.

I have a kydex pocket rig for my Kahr, but there's just something about all leather on my hip that I prefer.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest eyebedam
Im waiting till June for this to put my new colt Commander in Thunderbird1a.jpgHPIM0579.jpgIts the Thunderbird Defender from K&DThunderbird1.jpg

I should have mine in April. Did you order from Eric to?

Guest Tn.Mitch

I was gonna stick my new S&W M&Pfs 40 cal., in it,like the one in the pics,but after I got the colt,I called Cindy and changed the order to fit the Colt instead.That holster is way too fine for the M&P 40.On mine I ordered the Elaphant ear leather peice on there Black on mine instead of brown like it is in the pic, so it will be 2 tone.I allso ordered a sweat barrier on it too.4 months though.....:koolaid:

Edited by Tn.Mitch