1965 Colt Cobra (knox) SOLD

Krull

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ta answer a few questions I have been asked.

Mechanically, the gun is good

timing is good,

carry up is good and lockup VERY TIGHT.

This gun was carried in my grandmothers purse for longer than I have been alive. She died 6 years ago and i have been in possession of it since. A LEO officer stopped by and cleaned it for her every 5-6 months.  It has probably been shot less than 50 rounds its whole life and that may be stretching, but I don't know. I don't think MamaJoe was sneaking down to the river getting drunk and shooting beer cans out of the sky, but then again she might have been. There is some wear as in the pics.  That is not a crack on the left side.  That is not a scratch on the left side.  That is the way the gun is made (you can research yourself)

image.png.c14a7a9e027c42e1ad83f058ca4599d0.png 

. I have not used  steel wool on any part of the gun.  It is exactly how i found it. the spots on the hammer will come off, but that will be up to the new owner.  

I do not know the actual exact value of this gun. That is why I listed it for trade.  If am happy and you are happy then we were successful.  I have seen clunkers with no finish left SELL for 500 and I have seen Better conditioned ones SELL for 1400. I have seen worse sell for 850 and better sell for 650.   I think the realistic price of this gun is somewhere well in the middle to lower end of that.  When Colt reissued this gun in 16 the prices of these first issues did go up.  I cant help you could get one for 450 dollars 20 years ago. You can Call Marty Mcfly and Doc,  get the Delorian and grab a few.(get me some ammo also while you are there) I do not need to sell this gun nor do I care if I do.  I am not trading down even for this gun.  I may have a few boxes of ammo for it at least one I know of.  Yes, I have shot this gun exactly 6 rounds and there are zero issues.  

If you have anymore questions ask me and I will do my best to get you an answer.  I am a nice guy, but I'm sorry I know a lot about a lot of different guns. I just don't know a lot about this model. I mean no disrespect when i say I don't know.

If anyone reads this and knows more than I do please chime in.  I should probably not have listed my number and wont again as I am sure tha two people giving me greif are not TGOers.

Archived