Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380

Guest TJones8611

Guest TJones8611

Im looking at a pocketlite, used at 90%+ .Comes with original wooden case, manual, and even has the warranty card.

Does anyone know what today's fair price would be? Looked at Buds and gunbrokers but no listings.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TJones8611

He's asking $650. Seems a little steep, but considering all the rest I wasnt sure if the added to the value from a collectors standpoint. My intent would be to carry it for a couple of years and then trade or sale.

Guest 70below

I typically see them for $650-750.....They seem to sell pretty well at $650. I missed out on one for $550 not long ago. I think the price may drop off just a little once this new sig .380 gets released at $450-$550. I'd say you are safe at $650 though with the collector value and desirability.

Guest TJones8611

Excellent, it is the stainless, I had thought about the new sig .380, acutally that was my first choice, but after seeing the mustang I started having second thoughts. I have yet to get a real CW.

If you dont buy it at 650.00 let me know and I will buy it.

Considering the number of dirty old Colt's that Joe has lying around his shop, I'd listen to the man. $650 for a 90% condition Mustang in stainless is a freaking steal these days. I sold my LNIB blued Mustang three years ago for $550 and haven't stopped kicking myself since.

It sounds like a great deal to me. I am waiting to look at the SIG .380 when

Hero Gear gets one.

Colt does not make parts for the .380 series anymore. I was ordering a new guide and recoil spring for a .380 Goverment model and they sent me straight to the gunsmith. He gave me the parts free of charge and mailed them to me. They are no longer supported.

Guest HexHead
He's asking $650. Seems a little steep, but considering all the rest I wasnt sure if the added to the value from a collectors standpoint. My intent would be to carry it for a couple of years and then trade or sale.

I just bought a blued steel one a couple of weeks ago for that and felt like I stole it compared to the prices I've been seeing. Grab it. Grab it quick.

They're a fun little pistol. I just wish I'd bought it in the 80s when I first considered it, they were about $240 then. :D

Guest HexHead
How difficult are they to break down for cleaning? Is the break down similair to a regular 1911?

The Govt. .380 has a bushing so it's more 1911 like. The Mustang breaks down just like my New Agent. Mag out, slide back to disassembly notch over the slide stop, pop out the slide stop and slide comes off. Then the guide rod assembly and the springs come out and the barrel is lifted out of the slide, like on a HiPower. Overall in fact, disassembly is very much like a HiPower.

When replacing the slide, you need to push down the ejector to move the slide past it. Just be careful not to push it down too far, or there will be other steps involved. :usa:

Guest PerazziTM1

650 is a fair price if the condition is real good, and I hate to say that because I think it is to much, but that is what they are going for. Part of what is driving the price is 1. It a Colt, and 2. They don't make'm anymore. The slide is stainless and the frame is an alloy in the Pocketlites.

Sig is getting ready to release the P238 which is very, very much like the Mustang. I handled a couple of them at the Shot Show back in Jan. And the MSRP will be less than $600. I think they said production was scheduled for Apr. I hope the street price will be <$500.

Edited by PerazziTM1
Guest HexHead

Sig is getting ready to release the P238 which is very, very much like the Mustang. I handled a couple of them at the Shot Show back in Jan. And the MSRP will be less than $600. I think they said production was scheduled for Apr. I hope the street price will be <$500.

Yeah, but from the pics I've seen, they are pretty ugly compared to the Colt. :shrug:

Guest PerazziTM1

Hexhead, It wasn't the sexiest thing I seen, mainly because of the grips. I expect that third party grips to beat the gun to market ..... only joking, But I expect them fast because the factory are not real attractive.

Shoot well,