The Movie Thread

poak

Guest Guitarsnguns
"Taken" is a GREAT movie. Best movie I have seen in a long time. Grad Torino with Clint Eastwood is top notch too.

+1 for Grand Torino. Clint kinda' reminds me of my Grandfather and his buddies. What ever happened to that kind of gritty conviction?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys.......if you like westerns......you gotta see "Appaloosa".....excellent flick. This is one of FEW newer westerns that is good....wonder what happened to all the good western directors......dead now I guess......

Guest Bluemax

Best Action Movie w/gun Lethal Weapon

Runner Up Extreme Prejudice

Best Comedy with/gun Grosse Point Blank

Runner Up Bandits

Best Scary Movie with/gun From Dusk Til Dawn

Runner Up Silver Bullet

Best Western with/gun Anything wth John Wayne in it

Runner Up All the rest of them :hat:

Best Action Movie w/gun Lethal Weapon

Runner Up Extreme Prejudice

Best Comedy with/gun Grosse Point Blank

Runner Up Bandits

Best Scary Movie with/gun From Dusk Til Dawn

Runner Up Silver Bullet

Best Western with/gun Anything wth John Wayne in it

Runner Up All the rest of them :hat:

have you seen a western with Clint Eastwood in it????.....:D

Guest Bluemax
LOL...just messin with ya bud...I like the Duke too...just like Clint a little better...Its all good as long as we are watchin westerns....

Speakin of westerns, any body remember Trinity with Terrance Hill

Whelp,went again Thursday night to see another movie when I realized I had already seen all the grow-up movies currently playing.

So the choices were between Hannah Montana,and Monsters vs Aliens.

Now,the choice is pretty clear which movie to see when you consider the thoughts that run across peoples minds about a 26 year old guy that ask for a ticket to see Miley Cirrus in 3D :P

M vs A was actually a pretty good flick even though it was a kids movie! Rates right up there with Shrek imo.

Also went and seen Observe and Report :up:

For anybody who wants to see it-think Paul Blart Mall Cop,but with dirty words,allot Anna Faris cleavage,and a little flasher!

You'll get the little flasher part when you see it :P

I think State of Play,and Crank is playing this weekend,but I'm not to sure about either of them...well see...

Edited by strickj
  • 3 weeks later...
Terminator, Wolverine, Star Trek...May is gonna rock!

I went and seen Wolverine last weekend,and it was pretty good!

Its allot different then the rest of the Xmen movies which was nice.

I'm going to see ST this weekend,and methinks Terminator is out next weekend! :D

• 2 weeks later...
:rock:

gotta midnight showing here tonight that I was thinking about,but I might wait till Sun to avoid the crowds though.

Yeah. I'm going at noon on Thurs, so I'm hoping it wont be too crowded.

Allright Terminator Salvation was definitely worth the crowded theater and loss of sleep. Sam Worthington (Marcus Wright) stole the movie from everyone else.

I love Christian Bale, but for the love of Pete when did he get hit in the throat with a wrench and gargle glass? It's the only gruff voice he knows how to do?

I love Christian Bale, but for the love of Pete when did he get hit in the throat with a wrench and gargle glass? It's the only gruff voice he knows how to do?

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I was waiting for him to pick up one of the T-600's an d start screaming "who do you work for" in true Batman fashion :P

I thought the movie was very visually stunning. I like gritty post-apocalyptic realizations of the future, and they definitely got this one right.