Where to take HCP class in Memphis?

Slasher

I just got a call that the HCP class I was signed up for at the U of M has been canceled. I signed up for this class almost two months ago and it was for tomorrow. Needless to say I am pissed. I waited that long to get in to one and now the day before they call and say I will have to wait at least another month to get in another class... Sorry just had to get that out.

Where do you recommend taking the class in Memphis? I know of RangeUSA and Rangemasters but didn't know if one was better than the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The University Of Memphis offers a carry class?????

RangeUSA all the way.

Yeah, it was part of the continuing education program but they said there was not enough people in the class so they canceled it. I was not going to take the class there but my father in law, who I was taking the class with, knew the instructor so that is why we scheduled there.

Thanks for all of the quick responses.

I would be considered a newbie but talking to Range USA on the phone today they only asked if I would be comfortable getting the gun ready to fire. I think I could do that but if I needed help with some of the basics would they help with that also?

I would be considered a newbie but talking to Range USA on the phone today they only asked if I would be comfortable getting the gun ready to fire. I think I could do that but if I needed help with some of the basics would they help with that also?

Absolutely - the first part of the class is learning the basic operations of both semi-autos and revolvers. Trust me, they start the class under the assumption that you have no clue about handguns.

Guest Halfpint

Another vote for Range USA. A co-worker just took his permit class from them, and I took mine there two years ago. Good people. :koolaid:

Guest Rick O'Shay
Just out of curiousity...why?

I have seen them take extra care with newbies who are having trouble adjusting for one reason or another. From what I have seen they really seem to care that everyone "gets" it. I am not saying RangeUSA doesn't do that, but I KNOW Rangemaster does. Also, I have loyalty to them for going above and beyond normal customer service for a little problem a friend had while taking a class.

I have seen them take extra care with newbies who are having trouble adjusting for one reason or another. From what I have seen they really seem to care that everyone "gets" it. I am not saying RangeUSA doesn't do that, but I KNOW Rangemaster does. Also, I have loyalty to them for going above and beyond normal customer service for a little problem a friend had while taking a class.

OK. That's cool. I just wondered because usually I hear the exact opposite.

Thanks for all of the responses. I had my class this week at Range USA and they were great. I enjoyed the instructor and they have a real nice shop there. I will defiantly be going back out there to do business.

Thanks again.

Guest Sherman A. House

I like Rangemaster. Tom Givens has a good student track record of surviving lethal force encounters, whilst still making good hits. His students (Memphis/Shelby Co. area) are in several shootings a year, and he debriefs all of them, and has made addendums/adjustments in Rangemaster's training doctrine because of it.

I reccommend them regardless of the user's capability/experience.

Glad you liked it. And most importantly, glad you were able to get your class done. Now for the wait.

BTW..who was the instrictor...chip?

My instructor was Dave Pienaar, I thought he was very informative and kept things interesting.