FN SCAR?

Guest slim

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

I know Speciality Arms II in Lavergne does...they have ONE....and the price is MSRP of $5600 the last time I was at the shop.:tough:

I fondled one at one of the funshows. The stock seemed...off. I can't put it into words, but it just didn't feel right. I do like the side folder, but I'll wait until

1. the price gets a bit more resaonable

2. They come out with a different color, the current batch looks like it belongs in Goldfinger's safe

I believe Franklin sold theirs in about 4 hours. Last I heard Speciality Arms still had one

MSRP of $5600 the last time I was at the shop.:D

You mean the shop price? IIRC, the MSRP was in the low $2000s...

The only interest I would have in one is in 7.62Nato, otherwise like Nate said, tons of other rifles that do it better and cheaper, and look better doing it.

Guest mustangdave

No I mean MSRP...I saw video from FNH...they said MSRP of $5600...which IMHO is absurd...I handled one...it felt...like a toy

Guest marine77
Franklin had one, highly highly doubt they still do though.

Honestly though, have you felt the thing? Feels like :D imo. You might want to play with one before you set on buying it - and if you already have and you liked it, well, awsome!

Looks like :rofl: too.

Guest m14man

they have one in selmer and want 5600 to. it was the one that was suppose to be sold for 9000 on gun broker. either they got two of them or it didnt sell.

Guest mustangdave

No I mean MSRP...I saw video from FNH...they said MSRP of $5600...which IMHO is absurd...I handled one...it felt...like a toy

Update...just got in from lunch bought some 380 ammo OMG:tinfoil:...the "Shop Price" for the FN-SCAR is....:screwy: in the $7K range

From an FN forum:

They are now available, and allocated to certain distributors at a set number. The MSRP that FN states is still 100% correct at $2,696.56, and EXPECT TO PAY THIS. Your dealer does not have much wiggle room!

They come in FDE with 16″ barrels, and either a 10 or 30 round mag.

If you want one, GO ORDER IT NOW! There will not be a large run as of now, and dealers are ordering for themselves to sell on GB and the like! !

From "The Firearms Blog" : FN SCAR

Still waaaaaaaaaay to steep, but if they are quoting $5,600 it better be for a pair!

Guest mustangdave

Poak...I would never say that you might be mis-informed...the info I'm going on is actually seeing price tags on at least 2 different weapons at 2 different booths at the same gun show with in the past month...and seeing ONE of those guns in the shop an hour and a half ago...$7+... thinking you're gonna find one for $2K+ seems like a pipe dream.:screwy:

Poak...I would never say that you might be mis-informed...the info I'm going on is actually seeing price tags on at least 2 different weapons at 2 different booths at the same gun show with in the past month...and seeing ONE of those guns in the shop an hour and a half ago...$7+... thinking you're gonna find one for $2K+ seems like a pipe dream.:screwy:

I agree wholeheartedly, Dave. I doubt anyone can even find one in the low $3k range right now. I don't doubt for one second the price tag you're seeing out there. However, the price tag and the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price are two completely different animals. Just like how on 11-5-08 you couldn't find a AR15 stripped lower for under $200... even though the MSRP was still $149.

Guest Astra900

Tell me how that gun could be worth anywhere near that amount. Is it a collectible? Will it outshoot an M1A? Think of what you could build your kit up to w/ that kind of $$$ :screwy:

Guest mustangdave

No doubt...my personal choice would be an M1A. As I understand it... this years SCAR is a "limited" production run for us civilians. Next year will be full production. As it is right now...I am pricing Mini 14's because of the $$$ woulda loved a SOCOM16 but $1800 was even to rich for me

Edited by mustangdave
Tell me how that gun could be worth anywhere near that amount. Is it a collectible? Will it outshoot an M1A? Think of what you could build your kit up to w/ that kind of $$$ :screwy:

My Hypothesis?

Limited availability + AWB fears + Mall Ninjas needing to be the 1st kid on the block with one = paying out the hoo-ha

Personally, I wouldn't even pay the MSRP for one... too steep of a price for a rifle who's role could be played quite effectively by any number of readily available (at least what passes for readily available these days) rifles such as, but not limited to:

AR's in about a billion different configs

FALs

Galils

Bushmaster ACRs (er wait... those aren't slated for realease until 2054 :P)

Thanks for all the replies, i have never seen one but heard the Msrp was about $2.700 and i read where 1 dude on a forum said his dealer had a few for sale at $3.100.

I do believe their price will drop below 3K if no AW is en-acted, when the PS-90s first came out, those were going for 6K on GB and for about $4K everywhere else, a FS 2000 is going for about $2600.+ so if the Scar goes for $3.000 it would be fair, i really wanted the Bush Masada, however it is history from all i heard!

From an FN forum:

From "The Firearms Blog" : FN SCAR

Still waaaaaaaaaay to steep, but if they are quoting $5,600 it better be for a pair!

I call BS on that.

To my knowledge there are only two SCAR's - one 223, one 308. I do not have a distributor that lists the 308 yet, but the 223 states that the new retail is $2873, and dealers have wiggle room. Alot of wiggle room, actually.

I really wanted both the .223 and .308 model of these guns, last month I was in Mobile Alabama at a pawn/ Gun shop and they had a SCAR .223/.556 I was prepared to buy it, and have it shipped to Tennessee, I handled the weapon (really like the side charging handle) and was ready to pay up to 2.5k, the dealer told me he would take $3800.00 and not a dime less. I told him that he was insane and he showed me some that sold for over 6K on Gun Broker, this is getting out of control, I did ALOT of research and LWRC make a few guns worth $3K, in my opinion the SCAR is worth no more than 2K,

Edited by willis68
Guest mustangdave

This is unconfirmed hear-say...gunshop rumor control...but I heard that FNH had 5th Special Forces do a lot of the field testing of the SCAR...they had a catastrophic failure after only 1500 rounds....

I call BS on that.

To my knowledge there are only two SCAR's - one 223, one 308. I do not have a distributor that lists the 308 yet, but the 223 states that the new retail is $2873, and dealers have wiggle room. Alot of wiggle room, actually.

BS on the post from The Firearms Blog?

Considering that blog is very speculative about upcoming products, and the fact that the post was written on Dec 3rd '08, I don't think their listing of the MSRP as $2,696.56 was BS. In fact, it's pretty darn close to the $2,873 you just quoted. The post was referring to the SCAR-L 16S (5.56/.223).