These mag bumpers,Which way is right? first 2 pics or 2nd 2 pics??tell me...

Guest Tn.Mitch

Guest Tn.Mitch

I puut the on to match the bottom of the mag,then after sliding it

in gun,it didnt look right,thats the first few pics,then I turned them around,backwards from the bottom of the mags,I think it looks better, which way is right guys???

HPIM0689.jpg

HPIM0694.jpg

HPIM0693.jpg

Then I turned them around..

HPIM0695.jpg

HPIM0696.jpg

Which way is so called correct???

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest m&pc9
Neither way. They don’t look right either way. Throw them in a drawer and don’t worry about it; they will look silly if you do get them right. :D

+2

I guess the OP should have asked "do these pants make my ass look fat" with all the opinions being thrown out there.

I dont think he asked "do you like my mag pads" but "which is the correct placement...."

Edited by BimmerFreak
Guest Tn.Mitch
I guess the OP should have asked "do this pants make my ass look fat" with all the opinions being thrown out there.

I dont think he asked "do you like my mag pads" but "which is the correct placement...."

:D I have never seen these things before,how many of you that dont like them have also not seen anybefore like me,or is it ths skin look,that you dont like,or does the bumbers just make my ass look fat?? :P Hero Gear Man,I guess you would know,owning a sporting goods/gun store,I was just wondered what the general public would think,im thinking that maybe the ones that dont like then,are into the polyer guns Glocks,XDs M&Ps,not into 191

1s,and maybe like me havent seen alot of mods for them...I know I love them,but am a nubie with 1911s,even though I own 6 now....I have a lot to learn...

HPIM0682.jpg

Edited by Tn.Mitch

They don't look bad. It's your choice. There are plenty of folks that like the bumpers and they do help if you drop the mag. Kimber sells plenty of pistols with mags just like that (just not snaky) Do what you want.

A Smith and Alexander mag well would look very nice around that mag and look great on 1911's though.

Guest Tn.Mitch
Your avatar has them.... :)

image.php?u=2935&dateline=1235551021

That avatar is from ythe s&w page,its of my S&W 1911,its in the pic rihjt above your post,its th gun in th middle in right brow,nickle finish,ss,blabk pearllite grips,but they dont stisck out that far,maybe these could be cut down some...

Guest Tn.Mitch
They don't look bad. It's your choice. There are plenty of folks that like the bumpers and they do help if you drop the mag. Kimber sells plenty of pistols with mags just like that (just not snaky) Do what you want.

A Smith and Alexander mag well would look very nice around that mag and look great on 1911's though.

A Smith and Alexander mag well,dont know what that is,but im going to f ind out,thanks for your oppion,and the info,thats what we are all here for to share info with each other.

Edited by Tn.Mitch
Guest abailey362

lol......even though they go the first way, i think that with the snake skin grips and bumpers they look better backwards.

it's yer gun and yer look...do what you like

Guest Tn.Mitch
lol......even though they go the first way, i think that with the snake skin grips and bumpers they look better backwards.

it's yer gun and yer look...do what you like

I know man,I have never seen anything like this,I havr mags in some of my 1911s,that have a rubber bumpers on the bottom of the mags,but not like this....Im going to need alot more input,to figure this out.

Edited by Tn.Mitch
Guest abailey362

the bumpers are for easier access when you have a magwell installed, and to soften the blow when doing hard mag drops in shooting sports such as idpa or 3 gun.

Guest Tn.Mitch

I guess one of those sports magwells installed on my short Commander would look and be silly.I guess ill have to get use to turning them back around.like before,pointy side towards the front like the mag is.or just take the blomming thing off..... :rolleyes:

Guest Law of Thirds

Personally, I like the smallest bumper that wilson puts on their 47D's, it's small enough that it doesn't get in the way but it's big enough that I don't pinch the hell outta my hand when I reload.

Guest FroggyOne2

The man asked which way was the correct way for them to be on the mags.. not for "your" (the reader's) opinion wether you like them or not.. if you don't have something positive to say.. then keep your dang opinion to yourself.. quit trashing ppls threads with your negitive statements or opinions.. and plus.. if he likes them.. your opinion don't count, so shut up!