Are You A Veteran?

Are You A Veteran?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Are You A Veteran?

• Combat Veteran - Got shot at & returned fire.
    • Combat Zone Veteran - Didn't do the shooting at part.
    • Military Veteran - Not combat zone but proud of my service.
    • Civilian Combat Veteran - Advisors, Spooks or whatever.
    • Civilian In Combat Zone But Not Combat - Embassy?
    • Never Military - But I do stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hyaloid

Hey.. just noticed I ama "Veteran" member of TGO (under username). Does that count? Any beret going to be issued to me for this accomplishment?

.... Any beret going to be issued to me for this accomplishment?

:(

Why not...., even those of us who earned our Berets back in the Bad Old Days at Benning or/and Bragg agree that everyone should enjoy a flap of wool on their heads during summertime! :up:

Here's a beret for you.

89825612_m.jpg

Who's that man in the black beret

Army's how he earns his pay

OH that's just the life for me

Be all that you can be

Who's that man in the red beret

Jumpins' how he earns his pay

Airborne Infantry

Who's that man in the tan beret

Fighting's how he earns his pay

Ranger Infantry

Who's that man in the green beret

Killing's how he earns his pay

OH that just the life for me

Special Forces Infantry

Who's that man in the pink beret

I don't know but i thinks he's gay

OH that's NOT the life for me

HOMOSEXUALITY

Guest ETS_Inc
heh, you can sleep an entire light infantry squad on an Abrams...

:drool:

No kidding, there I was......(all the best service stories start that way, right?)

So, anyways, there I was, Mainz, Germany, early 1990. I was a young, fresh-faced 11B, straight out of the Ft. Benning School For Wayward Boys. My company was spending the night at our LTA (Local Training Area), about a mile from the Kaserne (post). There was also a platoon of M1A1's out there with us. Us crunchies had our sleeping area in the woodline, with our tracks (M113's) lined up in the open area, with the tanks at the end of the track line.

I was on guard duty at 0-dark-30, walking the track line and freezing my tush off when the NCO on board one of the tanks calls out to me and asks if I want to warm-up a bit (yeah, dumb question, right?). I climb aboard and as I get near the TC's hatch, I feel a blast of hot air coming from inside. The heater in that thing was so hot, it actually took away my breath. The TC climbed out for a few minutes and let me climb in, so I could get warm. Man, that was so timely. That Treadhead definitely earned himself a warm spot in my heart. Heck, if it weren't for him, I don't know that I'd have a warm spot left.

Guest Bob_in_TN

Hey SHbicycle, can't believe you didn't have to qualify a weapon. When I went in the Air Force in 1959 they gave each of us a bucket of rocks and we had to hit a target from 10 feet. Times were rough back in the old days.

Guest crytes

I got out of army aviation in january and did 2 tours in Iraq And erned my combat action badge. Unfortunatly I was under indirect fire and I didn't have anything to shoot at,but our aircraft occasionally7 caught them in the act.

Crytes

8 years with 1/320 fa 82nd ABN Divsion . 1980 thur 1988 . All The Way

John,

To answer your PM to me...... D/82 Aviation. I will flying Cobras back then.

BTW - - - You need to change your PM options. You can send, but currently replies are blocked.

• 2 months later...
Guest Scottech

Since towerclimber37 brought this up in another thread I decided to do a little grave digging...I'm a non-combat veteran, retired active USAF (AKA Chair Force).