Obama wants you to pledge loyalty to him tomorrow

Guest Linoge
I'll leave them to wallow in their paranoia.

While you wallow in your condescending, superior attitude.

I wonder which is better.

Strangely enough, cracking open a book once in a while might help... Doing so, one can easily find that another word for "support" is "loyalty" - strange how the English language works sometimes. And, due to the logical extension of creator/created, when one supports a proposed plan, you are directly supporting the person who proposed it.

No, this is not BS - it is very real that people were planning on going door to door and asking others to pledge support (or loyalty, or backing, or however you want to phrase it) of our President's disastrous new plans, and thus, by extension, of our President himself.

If you choose not to accept the reality of the situation, the shortcoming is yours, and I wash my hands of it.

Edited by Linoge
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tcampbell

hahah...I just looked at that link...

only 8 People have signed up...hahhahahhahha...hopefully they are keeping this crap in illinois....would be a shame for them to drive down here just to for me tell them to get the f**k off my porch.

Time:Saturday, March 21 from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PMHost:Toni GilpinLocation:Democratic Party of Evanston Headquarters (Evanston, IL) 821 Chicago Avenue

Evanston, IL 60201

Maps:

Directions:Just south of Main Street in Evanston; across from Main Street Purple Line StationAssociated Groups:Evanston for Obama

Other Signups

8 people have signed up to attend this event.

The capacity limit is 100 attendees.

Guest nraforlife

There was a table setup at Market Square, Knoxville today staffed by 3 women. Didn't see one person stop by to see them in the 1.5 hrs my wife and I were strolling the Square and shopping/eating.

Course, I wouldn't walk over there to piss on them if they caught on fire.

Guest Galba
If I see anyone doing this today, I will call the police and have them arrested for treason against these United States. "I pledge allegiance to the United States of America," not to any arrogant individual or his lackeys.

Let me know how that works out for you.

They have taken a pledge of loyalty to Obama, and they say they are coming tomorrow for yours. Organizing for America, the Obama-for-President campaign morphed into Obama-for-Maximum-Leader army, will hit the streets for their "Pledge Project Canvass," knocking on doors and accosting folks in parking lots and sidewalks to ask them to sign a pledge to support Obama's policies for health care, energy and education reform.

There are plenty of silly things his supporters have done, but I don't see how sign a pledge to support Obama's policies for health care, energy and education reform. is semantically equal to a pledge of loyalty to Obama.

"Support" and "loyalty" are not the same thing.

Guest nraforlife

Boy, all you anti-Obama folks need to take off your tin hats. Don't you know he is only trying to make life better for everyone. Aren't we all getting sick of the Obama-for-Maximum-Leader slams and need to move on. After all the government is only out for our best interests and Obama is like Moses leading us to the promise land.

Now for all of you who believe the BS above PLEASE buy more tin foil as my Aloca stock is way down.

Guest nofearracer
"We're looking for supporters," said DeHaven of Hoover, one of the event's organizers. "We're not looking for a fight. That will come later, when we have an army."

Ya think that dude is drinking enough of his Bama-Aid. :panic: Since they dont like guns wonder what there so-called "army" will be armed with? I think its funny everybody compares Obama to Lincoln, but if I remember correctly didnt ole Abe start the bloodiest war this country has ever seen.:rolleyes:

Guest nraforlife

Lincoln, some will argue that he was either shot too soon or too late. The so called Great Emancipator - The War wasn't fought to free the slaves no matter how it is spun. Matter of fact ONLY the slaves in the States that fought against the Union were initially freed. Lincoln - freed the slaves / Obama - sells us into slavery. So it comes full circle.

Guest bkelm18
Had I been approached, it would have worked out fine.

Um yeah, you can't have someone arrested for treason when they ask you to pledge your support for Obama. You can try, but it will not end like you want it to.

Let me clarify: if they asked for allegiance, yes, you could. Support, no.

Please cite the law that says asking for allegiance is treason. I just read the treason statute (18 USC 2381), and I don't see anything like that in there. Is it somewhere else?

And exactly who would you call on these pesky Obama supporters? The local police? FBI? US Attorney? Please let us know.