Canik TP9 SC Elite Red Dot

Nikiski Dave

Well I have two red dot pistols. One has a Holosun 507K. The other has a SIG Romeo1. If this isn’t a carry pistol, the SIG Romeo1 has a larger window. I would recommend the Romeo1Pro as it has more brightness options. Both are great in my experience 

• Like 2

I have 2- a Swampfox Sentinel which comes on when you move it, and a Holosun with an on/off button.

Both are target guns so I like them both, but if was a carry gun you would want the instant-on option.

I'm actually a fan of a laser for a carry gun. They are a lot less obtrusive, and you dont have to be looking thru the sight to see where you are aiming, which chances are will be in the dark anyway. Lets say someone broke into your house at night, that little red dot on them would probably send them packing-lol.

• Like 1

I like Smith Wesson MP's, and Ruger for mid range pistols cost wise, and Colt and Kahr for mid to higher end. Don't have any experience with other brands. I know they are probably some other brands that are good. At heart I am a revolver guy at heart, but they are limited on round count. The one I carry now is a 7 shooter K frame snubbie. It is confusing settling on a new pistol. My advice try one out and shoot one before you purchase, if possible. That is how I fell for the MP 9C 2.0 with a 4" brl and 15 rounds on board. The SW Shield line is a good choice also. It must be concealed carried OWB or IWB as it is too large for pocket carry. It cost a tad more for these brands but you only pay for a pistol once and if you take care of them they will last you for years/life-time. My policy was to spend that extra 100.00 and purchase some thing yo can be proud of and if you sell it you can recoup your money invested. 

Edited to add;  A good condition Ruger or Smith Wesson or Colt will sell for more than I paid for them when I purchased them years back.  

Edited by pop pop
add content

Hi’ya neighbor. Am just 20 mins up the road from you. 

No experience with Canik but a fair amount with red dots

If you are new to handguns, just get one with the option to mount a red dot later (slide cut). Problem I have with most red dots that come on pistols is that they are cheap ones. Holosun is my fave for carry. Either 507kx2 or 407kx2. Have had both, still have the 407 (6 moa dot works best for me)

My Sig p320 came with their Romeo 1 pro which is good. It took three to get one that works 100% though.

Vortex Venom is nice but too big and dumb for a carry gun. Dumb as does not have auto on/off. Love the clear window and dot though  Great at the range  

Have tried Crimson Trace and AmeriGlow. Both too cheap to consider for carry...IMO!

Have looked at and shot a few others, happiest with Sig Romeo 1 and Holosun. Vortex needs badly to be updated with more features.

• Like 1

I know several that own and shoot the Ameriglo Haven Red Dot.  Ameriglo is owned by Trijicon.  Less expensive, yes, cheap no.  Dave Spaulding, a nationally known writer and trainer that uses one talks very favorably of his.  They ALL have problems and failures, but I have a SRO and Holosun and I favor the Ameriglo over the Holosun.  Size wise, the Ameriglo is between the two.

On 12/20/2022 at 10:42 AM, chances R said:

I know several that own and shoot the Ameriglo Haven Red Dot.  Ameriglo is owned by Trijicon.  Less expensive, yes, cheap no.  Dave Spaulding, a nationally known writer and trainer that uses one talks very favorably of his.  They ALL have problems and failures, but I have a SRO and Holosun and I favor the Ameriglo over the Holosun.  Size wise, the Ameriglo is between the two.

One of the reasons I don’t carry the Vortex on a edc is the size of the rear plate. Have to install suppressor height sights. The American Glow Haven looks nice but suffers from the same form factor  The Holosun kx2 sights are much shorter in height  

jmo. I have a lot of opinions. Feel free to ask 😂