East Tn TGO Members AUGUST 2007 Meet

Guest Phantom6

As usual, I will be out there at 1000 to open. Any time y'all want to show up after that is fine with me and up to y'all.

The owner of the property (John Sterling) requires a $10.00 range fee and waiver to be signed by all those entering the range. In exchange you will receive secure parking, public restroom facilities, shuttle service for the 400 meters between the parking area and the range, campfire area, use of a gas grill and food prep tables. I will provide a safe shooting environment, covered firing points, shooting tables, target stands, target backers, clay targets, a clay thrower, gas grill (complete with necessary tools), large drink cooler and ice so you can chill your drinks.

You provide your firearms , ammo and targets. sniper.gif

Don't forget to bring your hot dogs, burgers, steaks, chicken or whatever and what ever fixin's you require. :drool:

A few things to mention:

• You may charge magazines behind the line but do not load firearms until on the line.
  • If the range is cold you will see an orange flag displayed from the center support of the firing point cover or in the case of the steel range on the pole next to the firing box.
  • If you plan to shoot steel targets please do so with all lead bullets only. No FMJ or JHP or steel bullets on the steel range.
  • Anything except incendiary rounds (tracers) goes on the rest of the range.
  • These and all other range rules will be posted prominantly at the range.

Below is an overhead image of the farm and range area.

Important Note: If you would like to get explicit directions (turn by turn, complete with distance and landmarks etc.) and a cell phone number to call in case you get lost (there are NO signs) PM me and I will be happy to send them right out as I log on and check messages.

Sat_Image02.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put together a map and driving directions for someone here in my area. Maybe this will help someone else. There are a couple of ways my mapping program suggested. Maybe Phantom can tell us if one way is better than the other.

Both routes start on I-40 just east of the Pellissippi Parkway.

1061499187_e1c119c777.jpg

1061499677_c4aea62158.jpg

1061500159_5525c7ba08.jpg

Why not everybody just come out and shoot the IPSC match @ ORSA that morning? Since it sounds like alot of people are coming to Oak Ridge anyway, stop by ORSA. All first time shooters are free!! Shoot a full blown IPSC match and then go to the TGO meet.:drool:

DaG

Dag, what time is the ORSA match starting? I'm coming from Kingsport (thanks for the maps Shannon and Mike) and will probably be heading straight for the TGO range. I will of course bring hot dogs and hamburgers and buns.

anyone in Kingsport want to carpool? I will be going for the whole day...so make plans to get home after dark.:drool:

Guest Phantom6
I put together a map and driving directions for someone here in my area. Maybe this will help someone else. There are a couple of ways my mapping program suggested. Maybe Phantom can tell us if one way is better than the other.

Both routes start on I-40 just east of the Pellissippi Parkway.

1061499187_e1c119c777.jpg

1061499677_c4aea62158.jpg

1061500159_5525c7ba08.jpg

Either one of the two is good. The 2nd route ( I-40 West to Hwy. 95 etc.)wich by-passes most of Oak Ridge is a bit faster but the other way takes you right past Kroger, WalMart, K-Mart and others in case you need to stop for ammo, food or fuel.

Guest Phantom6

We are doing a lot of work out at the range preparing to build the town front. You probably won't be any new construction there when y'all show up but you'll see plenty of destruction up the draw behind the steel range. BTW, the first building planned for construction will be the saloon A.K.A. Belle's House of Whiskey and Pleasure Emporium. Hey, ya got to have your priorities straight. Yup a 25 x 25 log building complete with bar, tables, chairs and player piano. This and the new Marshall's Office will be the only two actual enclosed structures. The rest of the town will be all false fronts.

Guest Boomhower
I'll look forward to shooting with you again, boom! I will also bring you your pistol case!

I'm just looking forward to getting back out with all you guys, and see the new faces I've missed.

Guest Phantom6

Wareagle, I look forward to seeing ya out there next Saturday. If you need written directions PM me. I'll send you the directions and my cell number.

Hey Dotson, you and the new bride going to be able to make it out?

Boomhower, glad to see you are going to be able to join us again next Saturday.

Guest dotsun
My schedule gets posted on tomorrow and I'll know for sure whether I can come or not.

I hope you can come, you have some new guns I want to touch. :)

Guest c.a.s.

One is off the board, the other won;t know until after they finish moving (to another tralier on the same street).

I sent Oleg Volk an email, if he reads the email address he had on his LiveJournal. We might be lucky enough to have him come down.

Guest Phantom6
One is off the board, the other won;t know until after they finish moving (to another tralier on the same street).

I sent Oleg Volk an email, if he reads the email address he had on his LiveJournal. We might be lucky enough to have him come down.

He could take pictures. :woohoo:

This looks like its going to be a banner meet!

Boom will have a new pistol to shoot (well new to him), Dotsun will have new kaboominators too! and hopefully Wareagle will come out and get to meet the rest of the E.TN TGO'ers...so we'll see new firearms from him, Julie is bringing her NIB baby eagle and I'm bringing my pa63 as well as the FAL (mark@sea graciously lets me shoot it), I'm going to bring another of Marks' rifles, a little mini14 that needs a tad bit more work on it (the range trip will be to ensure that its finally in good working order)and of course we're going to bring the rest of our pistols.

This is going to be a GREAT meet!

If Oleg comes out, that would make it awesome, but in case he doesn't, Julie and I will of course bring a camera. The pictures will be posted on photobucket for those who will want them.

Julie has been looking forward to this all month and so have I!

:woohoo:

I think it will be a great day to renew friendships, learn new things, get some great range time in and just have alot of fun doing it!

Can't wait to see you and Julie again Tower. Is the baby eagle to take the place of the one she disliked?

I picked up the new 1911 a couple of Tuesdays ago and will have it with me as well as a few to be determined noise makers.

I think it will be a great day to renew friendships, learn new things, get some great range time in and just have alot of fun doing it!

+1

Can't wait