Thread for those having no interest in Masonry.

Guest 70below

Guest DoDFire

I love it (fly fish'n) matter of fact myself and another man were online look'n at the flis this morning, I haven't hit it this year but I'll be there soon. I always wanted to fish the caney for Small mouth.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

I have never tried fly fishing. Our homeroom teacher (he was retired and still came up for a few hours a day) would sit there and tie fly's the whole hour. We would talk. I'm a bass fisherman, love it, don't get to do it nearly as much. Since the kids are still small, most of the fishing we do is for bream off of my mom's house dock on Reelfoot Lake. Mostly large mouth bass, but some small's. My license plate has small mouth bass on it, not sure why Tennessee doesn't have a large mouth bass license plate. Anyway, it's getting warm, I'm ready to go fishin'!

Guest Jcochran88

I have tried to fly fish but I end up cracking the line like a whip and the fly goes pop! So I just gave up and went with a spin cast, it is alot more fun than going and tying on new flies after every attempted cast.

I do a bit of fly fishing. Just got a new 5wt outfit from the commies at Basspro, good price, bad store!

Anyway, heading up to Yellowstone sometime this summer, hopefully get some practice on the gills here, then to Wyoming for the real deal.

Guest m14man
I do a bit of fly fishing. Just got a new 5wt outfit from the commies at Basspro, good price, bad store!

Anyway, heading up to Yellowstone sometime this summer, hopefully get some practice on the gills here, then to Wyoming for the real deal.

not trying to be smart but isnt yellowstone in wyoming?

Wow, small world. I lived in Boca Raton for a little over a year. My grandmother lived there and was having serious illness issues back in 76. We moved down there to be with her and I spent a year learning how to live Floridian. I am glad we moved back a year later.

We lived out Glades Road in the University Park area.

dang, homeboys. I grew up in hollywood and lived in pompano Beach till 92 and we moved up here. Used to flyfish all the time around the canals and tunnel fish for bass. :hat:

Guest m14man
Is there an echo in here? What did you mean?

- OS

hahaha sorry i miss read that. didnt see the here (i thought it said there in his msg). thats why i couldnt figure that out hahaha.

Edited by m14man
dang, homeboys. I grew up in hollywood and lived in pompano Beach till 92 and we moved up here. Used to flyfish all the time around the canals and tunnel fish for bass. :hat:

Are you glad you made it out too?!

In keeping with the rest of the thread, I love to fly fish Old Hickory and ponds. Some of the most fun fishing I have ever had has been from a canoe or my old paddle boat around the cliffs on the river and catching brim after brim with the occassional bass thrown in. What's great is there is no baiting a hook, no waiting, and almost constant action. If there is a fish in the area, you know it as they are killing your fly the instant it hits the water.

Guest m14man

nothing like getting out there when willow flys hatch. as soon as your fly tags the water its another bite. nothing like catching two brim at a time.