Got pulled over yesterday

Guest Rooster

Guest Rooster

Well I was in a hurry to leave work yesterday and didn't put my seatbelt on for the drive home. As the title states I got pulled over by a state trooper. I pulled over a little too close to the road so he had to come to the passenger side. He asks for my DL and I hand him my DL and my carry permit. He was a young guy and it looked like it was the first time he had pulled someone over that had a carry permit, because he had a weird look on his face when he realized what I handed him. The rest went like:

Cop: Do you have your weapon with you?

ME: Yes Sir I do, There is no point in having the permit if you don't exercise the right the permit gives you.

Cop: Well, your right.

Cop: Where is your weapon located?

Me : Right here in the center console.

Cop: Do me a favor and just leave it there.

Me: Yes Sir, No problem

So I hand him my DL, Carry permit, Registration, Insurance card. He never even goes back to his car to run any of my info.

Cop: So what do you use for a carry weapon?

Me: Today I have a Glock 26 with me.

Cop: Those are great to carry because of the size.

Me: Thats why I carry it.

Cop: Well do me a favor and put your seatbelt on.

Me: Yes Sir, thank you.

Cop: Have a nice afternoon.

He was a young guy but very nice. Its really strange that I have been driving for almost 13 years and have been pulled over my fare share of times and it has always been a state trooper.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rooster
It also goes to show that by giving a bit of respect, you get it back in spades.

Treat the officer how you want to be treated and you are less likely to have to pay a fine is what I have found.

I couldn't agree more. Even though this Cop was younger than me, by saying yes sir and no sir he saw the respect I was showing him and showed the same in return.

Thats a great recount and goes to show you that there are PEACE officers out there still, as opposed to POLICE officers.

I was watching a wildest police videos earlier tonight and saw a police officer trying to subdue a car thief and having a hard time and folks just walked by!!!

That got me steamed...here's a man, paid to do a job and keep us safe and when he gets into difficulty, people just stare..

The guy was on some sort of drugs and didn't even slow down when he got maced and finally the officer had to put him in a guillotine move to take some sand out of him.

Even then it was touch and go and the officer finally got a few guys to help him.

Perhaps its just me, but I wouldn't have asked..I would have helped as soon as I saw the cop getting punched...I can see me launching a flying tackle on that guy. 194 pounds of lardbutt all over that guy.

:)

The only time I've been pulled over in the past 5 years was by a trooper for a headlight out... No fishing expedition, he was very professional. No mention of the permit even after he ran my license and likely found out I had one.

Guest Jason
Great story. I have had nothing but BAD luck with THP pulling me over.

That's because they have to use the helicopter to catch you. :)