Tom Grieve on Tennessee "Red Flag" issue - Tennessee keeps getting national attention for bad things.

2 hours ago, Defender said:

Interesting perspective.  Hopefully the bad publicity will force Lee to stop this or the legislature stop it more likely.  Boy, Lee fooled a lot of folks with his election promises didnt he?

Yes he did. I never thought he was as strong on the 2A as he said he was but I can't help but wonder if part of this is pressure from his wife since one the ones who died was close to her.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, -boatman- said:

Yes he did. I never thought he was as strong on the 2A as he said he was but I can't help but wonder if part of this is pressure from his wife since one the ones who died was close to her.

It started before this in my opinion.  He promised constitutional carry during his first campaign, but as soon as he was elected, any mention of that was scrubbed from his web page.  Then he's obfuscated and obstructed any attempts at improving our gun laws.

• Like 4

It's not helped matters that our Lt. gov has also become two faced about gun legislation in more recent times. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about the future of the state when it comes to this issue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I agree that Lee has been a problem from the get-go and I'm not feeling that warm and fuzzy about Tennessee on most things anymore.  I can't believe I currently think that about a state I have loved for more than 30 years and call home.  I loved it here so much up until recently.  I have been thinking a lot about spending a lot of the year back up on the farm in western North Dakota.  It may have its issues but the cold sure keeps a lot of the riff-raff out and everyone is pretty handy.

Another note: 20 state's Atorneys General have joined in the fight Assault Weapons & Magazine Bans by filing against Delware.  Guess who is missing.  (this is taken from Jared's Guns & Gadgets post on the subject https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZuh4e3N9Rw&t=224s).

States small.jpg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DHF said:

I agree that Lee has been a problem from the get-go and I'm not feeling that warm and fuzzy about Tennessee on most things anymore.  I can't believe I currently think that about a state I have loved for more than 30 years and call home.  I loved it here so much up until recently.  I have been thinking a lot about spending a lot of the year back up on the farm in western North Dakota.  It may have its issues but the cold sure keeps a lot of the riff-raff out and everyone is pretty handy.

Another note: 20 state's Atorneys General have joined in the fight Assault Weapons & Magazine Bans by filing against Delware.  Guess who is missing.  (this is taken from Jared's Guns & Gadgets post on the subject https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZuh4e3N9Rw&t=224s).

States small.jpg

I saw that the other day.  Many of my out of state friends think Tennessee is way more gun friendly, law wise, than it actually is.  I don’t want to get too far into politics on here lest I get in trouble, but I did notice that the TNGOP invited Desantis to be their guest speaker at their Statesman Dinner event, while TFL’s annual fundraiser event snagged Trump.

• Like 1