IWB Holsters

Guest pops

I know this subject has been discussed several times and being an almost newbie here, and as most have said before it all depends on the person as to which holster is better. Does anyone have this one or know anything about this place.

http://www.concealco.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ACL&Category_Code=051IWB

I have looked at the iwb with the clips on the side and it just makes it way to wide for my taste. I am just waiting on the envelope with the magic card to arrive. :koolaid:

Thanks

Pops

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this subject has been discussed several times and being an almost newbie here, and as most have said before it all depends on the person as to which holster is better. Does anyone have this one or know anything about this place.

http://www.concealco.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ACL&Category_Code=051IWB

I have looked at the iwb with the clips on the side and it just makes it way to wide for my taste. I am just waiting on the envelope with the magic card to arrive. :koolaid:

Thanks

Pops

Same fellow as discussed here...I think his eBay price is the same for the basic one...

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/firearm-accessories/18596-wow-awesome-inside-waistband-affordable.html

The basic one does NOT have leather between gun and your body, which would be a no-go for me, however you can add the "sweat shield" for extra.

- OS

Guest JHatmaker

Ahh, good call, I knew I had seen that website when I clicked on his link. I was like, this has been brought up before I think.

I still really haven't found the end all be all IWB, it's really just what feels good on you. I do know I've had no luck with those thin little Mike's IWB, it just feels like my gun's going to fall out at any minute.

I recently ordered and received a Crossbreed Supertuck and i think for myself its the most concealable and comfortable IWB holster a company makes.I have tried Galco,Desantis and the holster stores IWB holsters and for my body none of them fit right.I have worn the Supertuck for 4 straight days with no discomfort and it stays put,I am caryying a Kimber Ultra CDP II in .45 ACP at about 30 ounces loaded.:tinfoil:

they're awesome. i started the: Wow! Awesome IWB... AND Affordable!!! thread...

their main advantage over the c-tac's/m-tac's/supertuck's (all great holsters btw) is that they're just smaller... the loops (and how they're mounted) hold the firearm just as good as the others yet the horizontal cross section is much easier to live with inside your pants all day.

been wearing the holster just about everyday for 2 months+? and i don't really have a single complaint, nor really an excuse to get one of the more expensive ones they offer... it's that good, i couldn't recommend them more highly.

of course, and very importantly, i wear the holster with either a 1.75" or 1.5" "5.11 tactical - leather/casual belt" http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Law-Enforcement/Accessories/Belts/175-Plain-Leather-Belt/D/30100/P/1:100:10000:10900:10906/I/59418 easily the best gunbelts i've ever had, and amazingly, they DO NOT look like gunbelts, which is rare and good (also, extremely reasonably priced... you could pay 2 or 3 times their price for a galco or bianchi that isn't even nearly as good or concealable).

a good belt works hand in hand with the holster you choose... i wear mine typically 8-10 hours a day and my rig is super comfy and stable, and i hardly ever need to do any shifting, pants pulling up, or adjusting... it really matters.

for the first time in a long time i'm totally happy with my carry rig and i'm even considering using my "everyday rig" for idpa matches for added realism/practice.

if the concealo holsters have a weak point, it may be the fact that the front folded-over loop will eventually wear out at some point... so i ordered replacement loops at $8 for when/if the day comes for replacement.

Edited by CK1
Guest JHatmaker
I recently ordered and received a Crossbreed Supertuck and i think for myself its the most concealable and comfortable IWB holster a company makes.I have tried Galco,Desantis and the holster stores IWB holsters and for my body none of them fit right.I have worn the Supertuck for 4 straight days with no discomfort and it stays put,I am caryying a Kimber Ultra CDP II in .45 ACP at about 30 ounces loaded.:lol:

I've been looking into getting a supertuck, heard nothing but good things. I also carry a Kimber Ultra II (Crimson Trace though). I had to buy a leather one made for a Glock and cut out a notch for the laser part. But figured I should probably get something a little more secure and specifically made for my gun.

Thanks for all the great advice,

I look at the Crossbreed Supertuck but that looks like a lot of leather to stuff down your pants. I also looked at some with the one clip but they were too thick.

I place an order for the Concealco with an extra set of belt loops. Hope this is not the start of the "OLD HOLSTER BOX".