Customer encounter

So I was working in my store today ringing up a customer, had to be from NY with that accent, started talking about how our House just passed the restaurant carry bill. She thought it was awful and we didnt need that in our state.

I am sorry but I couldn't keep my tongue. ( she was already annoying and very demanding.)

I asked her what was the issue with that? She informed me that well once again the republican government screwed up again and we should just take all the guns away.

Well I dont understand the lets take all the guns away but I really dont understand how the republicans screwed up again. Anyways..

I then said to her well ma'am typically Handgun permit holders are law abiding citizens. We do not want to start fights, or go around like cowboys. We carry guns because we have seen how the world in and know that the police cannot be at our beckon call to save us. We carry to defend ourselves should the situation ever arise. With out giving her a chance to respond I asked her if she knew which citys had the the most murders per capita with guns. She didnt know. I then asked her whether or not she knew which cities/states in the US had the strictest gun control rules. Again she did not know. I said and I quote "the person who has a HCP is not who you should fear because we follow the laws; it is the criminals who know the laws but choose not to follow them.

Her response was this. Well Obama will rescue us from all these guns and all these things. (First of all what things is she talking about?).

At this point I know this was tried and true liberal So I said well I thank you for coming in and have a wonderful day.

Sometimes there is no reasoning with these people.

On a side note I do feel more confident in telling my reasons why I carry because of you all. Thanks a lot.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had to be from NY with that accent

( she was already annoying and very demanding.)

I thought New Yorkers and annoying and demanding always went together anyway.

Thats just like here in our local paper a lady had a letter to the editor about how stupid it was to be able to carry a gun in a state park. She said if you were to afraid to come to a park unarmed you just needed to stay home. Since I usually don't read the paper anyway I have decided to write a letter in response to hers. I'm no writer by any means but we'll see how it turns out.

People kill me.

Guest docvantrease2003

if she didnt like guns why was she in tn the first place someone should buy her a one way ticket back to her home state

Guest mikedwood

I was doing a computer job yesterday at my uncles car lot and my aunt works there also. She said that all guns should be banned. I looked her right in the eyes and said "You're crazy", that took her back a little.

I told her that it took the police 2 mins to respond at the Binghamton shooting and an hour to decide how to proceed. So they entered the building one hour and one minute after 14 people were shot dead. (I'm sure they had thier reasons, just saying the response took an hour). I told her she could play dead if she wanted or be shot herself but I would at least like a fighting chance.

She told me there we just to many crazy people out there and I agreed, but if crazy people are have guns I want guns as well and more ammo and more training. I also reminded her of the drug war in Mexico.

Before I left she said she wanted a gun. So I guess I did Ok or she wanted to shoot me. Not sure of which.

Pass gun control laws ... MIRACLE! Crime has just been solved!

Florida has a good law on the books directed at criminals who use firearms in the commission of a crime. Billboards when I was there in '02 advertised "5 - 10 - 20-to-Life" law. Simple and common sense. If you possess a firearm during thecommission of a crime, you get an extra 5 years tacked onto your sentence; for firing a weapon duringa crime, an additional 10 years are added to your criminal sentence; if you wound or kill somebody with a firearm while commiting a crime, then an additional 20 years to life are added tothe criminal sentence, depending on the results of the shooting.

If these anti-gun folks would target the criminals, rather than we law-abiding citizens, perhaps some difference might be made. As it is, there are simply those who hate weapons, and will use any excuse to deny regular people the right the own and possess them

Guest kingtone

Florida has a good law on the books directed at criminals who use firearms in the commission of a crime. Billboards when I was there in '02 advertised "5 - 10 - 20-to-Life" law. Simple and common sense. If you possess a firearm during thecommission of a crime, you get an extra 5 years tacked onto your sentence; for firing a weapon duringa crime, an additional 10 years are added to your criminal sentence; if you wound or kill somebody with a firearm while commiting a crime, then an additional 20 years to life are added tothe criminal sentence, depending on the results of the shooting.

If these anti-gun folks would target the criminals, rather than we law-abiding citizens, perhaps some difference might be made. As it is, there are simply those who hate weapons, and will use any excuse to deny regular people the right the own and possess them

and the choir just shouted AMEN!!

+10 :lol::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

Guest TEBISH

Had to look at your location to see if it was my neighbor. You never know though, she could have drove to Nashville because it was more like Pittsburgh.

Guest db99wj

Should have drawn your weapon, put it to her head, then say, don't you wish you had a gun to defend yourself now!!

Just kidding, I would NOT ever do that, nor would I suggest doing that, if you think that I am serious read this again, I AM NOT SERIOUS!!!!:lol::P:p:p:p:p:p:p

Some people will never learn until it is too late, and they become a victim, of course, even then, they are too stupid to realize that the gun, the knife, the club that they used is not the problem, it is the people, the person. If they would work half as hard on making prisons.....prisons again and making sure that the laws in place for criminals is harsh, swift and very very unpleasant, then this world would be a much safer and nicer place. Kudo's for trying though.

The only thing that needs to change with this is a "No Plea Bargain Clause" on the weapons charge. I hate reading articles where a crime was committed with a weapon and that charge was plead away. Why have it if you aren't going to enforce it? :lol:

Should have drawn your weapon, put it to her head, then say, don't you wish you had a gun to defend yourself now!!

Just kidding, I would NOT ever do that, nor would I suggest doing that, if you think that I am serious read this again, I AM NOT SERIOUS!!!!:lol::P:p:p:p:p:p:p

Are you serious?!?!?!? :up:

Guest m&pc9

She would do two things, First she would change her underpants and then go buy a gun!:D:D

Guest pws_smokeyjones

People like that lady are all over, not just in the New York area. The real underlying situation with her type is that they have been taught that no matter what happens, it is someone else's fault and/or responsibility. It is the governments responsibility to keep her safe 'because she pays taxes' and if she gets mugged/rapped then it is the governments fault for not keeping her safe. Basically anti-gunners live by the SOP that they pay the government to keep them safe so that they can just waltz through life with no personal responsibility.