home break-in. lessons learned and to learn.

vujade

Nice attitude. I showed it to my wife and a female colleague. Both of them said it was a pretty pig-headed statement and that they would have been offended by the insinuation, so you might want to at least consider a little more diplomacy and tact when you make a statement like that about someone's spouse. That's all I'm saying. :)
No attitude here.

I simply made a statement, which I personally don't believe to be out of line.

I remember when I worked in the restaurant/bar biz, I often had several hundreds of dollars sitting in my sock drawer. The OP mentioned the thieves had found their hidden cash as well as rampantly searched for it. The point of my post was to suggest that they might have known the thieves as they seemed to expect to find cash.

Furthermore, my comment did not suggest flirtatious behavior. I, and many others in the biz, have seen and noticed that women without a wedding ring make the better tips. I suppose, whether conscious or not, many patrons see a single women as needing the cash more than a married women. Do I like that line of thinking? No. Do I agree with that line of thinking? No. Does that line of thinking exist? Yes.

Then again, I suppose we could just vote on what I meant by my comment instead of asking me to clarify :x:

Damn guys. :D lol

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the late reply. bastards took my PC and my router and my cable modem so I've been at the mercy of friends/family's computers.

Anyway, I'll try to reply here and there. sorry if i miss a question/comment.

First. Thank you. I'm already going to video tape the stuff that is left. Wait a minute, bastards also took my video camera and cameras. Anyway, I'll make sure to record it some way until i can get something more techie.

Also, no offense about the wife and tips. i'm not easily offended and i didn't see it offending. We just grew up not having 100% confidence in banks so we kept lots of cash around (i don't mind telling you guys this since it's all gone anyway and we now trust the banks a little more) in case zombies took over and we couldn't get to an ATM, etc. Anyway, that's why. She didn't have her ring on because the nature of her job put her among seedy people- she didn't want to get mugged because of her ring. I stopped wearing mine after I got fat. Big mistake, we should have at least locked the stuff up. Point is... we aren't going to think of cool places to hide stuff - either the bank deposit box or a big safe.

They didn't mess with the safe. The safe is pretty beefy - 300-400 pounds unloaded. It was about 600 pounds at that point. I am surprised they didn't even try to hit the interface or anything. That's why i'm worried if they will be back. Nonetheless, I transferred all my stuff to a storage locker/storage place only we know about.

I don't care much about the stuff. easily replaced. heck, my carry piece is much nicer now, plus it holds more rounds than my last one... =)

The worst is still seeing my wife throw up whenever she comes home. Bastards even took her underware/bras. They took away her feeling of security in her home. I had to lie to my kids that the wind blew in from the Wizard of Oz of took their stuff. They still cry about their missing toys. I replaced their video games but it's not the same - they have to 'start over'.

This has changed me also. I was a really peaceful guy. I wouldn't hurt an animal. Now I picture catching the bastards and taking a hammer to each of their hands and feet.

I guess of all the many things they stole... our innocence was the biggest loss.

...but I was always taught to make 'lemonade out of lemons'. I'm a meaner sumofabeach now. I've learned how to better protect my family and i'll continue to learn. it's now my passion.

i've lost count of how many additional friends/family members I've charged into getting alarm systems, signing up for gun classes or stepping up their defense. My good guys will be harder days for bad guys.