Gunshop employee shoots self?

Guest jwp

Guest Linoge
Un-intentional self inflicted gunshot wounds are never funny. Just ask your gunsmith down there at CCA what he thought about both of his.

oh_snap.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Un-intentional self inflicted gunshot wounds are never funny. Just ask your gunsmith down there at CCA what he thought about both of his.

Didn't say it was funny, because it is not.

Futhermore, we have never had any sort of situation like this happen at CCA. I don't know where you are getting your information but it is wrong.

Guest mikedwood
Careful, guys. Karma can be a real bitch sometimes. :up:

I know folks who have had a lot of gun handling experience who made an error in judgment and put a round into the dirt unexpectedly. This should serve as a reminder to all of us to be very vigilant about the condition of our firearms when handling them.

And also a reminder to carefully watch the counter monkeys at gun shops when they hand us something to look at. Most folks will show clear before doing so. If they don't, make them.

Sorry I grew up working construction. Once the bandages are on and they are back at work it's time to start joking.

But that said even though we may kid, it's still a reminder to all that it could happen to any of us at any time. If you think it won't happen to you then it probably will.

In construction the worst injurys are usually to the older guys that think they know what they are doing and get careless.

With a firearm one never ever needs to get careless or complacent.

The silence is deafening...........

Not really.

He is trying draw a parallel between a catastrophic mechanical failure when a gunsmith was working on a gun and an obviously oblivious to the "four rules of gun safety" gun store clerk (or is he their manager?) who presented his weapon on the sales floor, in front of customers, and deliberately pulled the trigger causing the weapon to fire resulting with him putting a hole in his hand.

Those two situations are as different as night and day.

I kind of find it odd that JWP is constantly being put on the spot and being forced to offer a defense to whatever it is a poster comments on. It just seems to go on and on and on...

Geez, give the guy a break.

and fwiw, I have only ever been in CCA one time about a month ago. I was treated very well by staff there in spite of my telling them I was only interested in a box or two of ammo. I was treated like I was fixing to drop a couple of grand not 39 dollars.

and at some point, Quality Control must be performed, I'm sure. (ie: shoot the gun)

I know nothing about the accidents, and I know only one person who has posted in this thread, but I'm sure there are some times in gunsmithing that accidents may happen, even when the 4 rules are being followed. Cut the dude some slack! :hat:

;)

Guest mikedwood
I kind of find it odd that JWP is constantly being put on the spot and being forced to offer a defense to whatever it is a poster comments on. It just seems to go on and on and on...

Geez, give the guy a break.

and fwiw, I have only ever been in CCA one time about a month ago. I was treated very well by staff there in spite of my telling them I was only interested in a box or two of ammo. I was treated like I was fixing to drop a couple of grand not 39 dollars.

You sir, must have a very nice Rolex.

Guest BigJ45
a catastrophic mechanical failure when a gunsmith was working on a gun

If you call a loaded revolver going bang when the trigger is pulled "a catastrophic mechanical failure" you sir have no business owning a gun shop because you aren't very smart yourself. Sounds like everything was in working order to me.

Guest Bluemax

You know what would be interesting...if someone came up with a plan to critique local gun dealers, Kinda like these people who review restaurants. Lets say you pick out 5 of the most popular gun shops within a 100 mile radius. Then visit each shop, dressed exactly the same, driving the same car and inquiring about the same gun.

Before doing this you set up a grading system as objective as possible, taking in to consideration the amount of time some one offers to help you, how knowledgable they are about the firearm you have chosen, if they will "deal" on their initial asking price, and lastly the best selling price they offer you.

Anyone up for jollies????

Guest SUNTZU

No one will be objective on an internet forum where no one knows your real name and can post falsehoods about any store they don't like for whatever reason while heaping praise on another store where they are known. It makes for a decent happy thought though.

Guest Bluemax
No one will be objective on an internet forum where no one knows your real name and can post falsehoods about any store they don't like for whatever reason while heaping praise on another store where they are known. It makes for a decent happy thought though.

Have you ever watched " The Untouchables" ??

Seriously, this could be done... there are too many people watching and reading for any funny business..Think about it?? Absolute worst case scenario, it would be good for entertainment... hell if anyone submits anything questionable ask them to provide a written quote.

Guys anyone around firearms long enough is going to have an AD... its simple as that. but if you practice safety rules no one gets hurt. Some are things that just happen, some could have been avoided, but heres the thing... be careful ponting you finger because you very well may be next.

Guest SUNTZU
Have you ever watched " The Untouchables" ??

Seriously, this could be done... there are too many people watching and reading for any funny business..Think about it?? Absolute worst case scenario, it would be good for entertainment... hell if anyone submits anything questionable ask them to provide a written quote.

SUNTZU is my pimp.

Like that?

:doh::hiding:

:dropjaw: I don't think that would work, personally. It would be good for entertainment, until people started getting really mad at each other, which I predict would happen before the end of the first page of the thread, and Tungsten, Inc. brings his banhammer into play. :stunned:

• Administrator
If you call a loaded revolver going bang when the trigger is pulled "a catastrophic mechanical failure" you sir have no business owning a gun shop because you aren't very smart yourself. Sounds like everything was in working order to me.

While I'm sure that JWP knew he was opening a can of worms when he started this thread and called out another retailer for a safety issue, things seem to be getting a bit heated here among a few folks and what SUNTZU said pretty much sums up why this thread needs to come to an end.

Sorry guys.