Government to disarm America

Guest smithandwesson

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justme
No co-sponsors. It's not happening.

But just because this particular "bill" isn't happening--does not mean they can't slip an amendment requiring registration of all firearms into some other piece of legislation---

exactly the same way that National Park carry was placed as an amendment into the Credit card bill.

Don't think they aren't trying to lull us to sleep--this godless, liberal government is just itching to get control of guns...all it would take is to make the people scared enough, and just like with 9-11--they will sing away their rights to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic....just like they did with the Patriot Act, just like they did when they accepted the illegal wiretapping, the "renditions", the torture and the "state secrets" that were claimed at every turn in the road to hide the injustices done by the government--supposedly in our name, and just like they did with the revised FISA law--and just like they did recently when one Congressional representative--I forget whether it was a Senator or a Representative of the house stood up in chambers and made the comment that "if they failed to approve the bail outs--there would be martial law declared in our streets"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaG9d_4zij8

Just because it does not happen plainly for the people to see does not mean they are not planning it or already doing it to see how the people respond to it. Remember--it was not the girl scouts kicking in the doors in New Orleans after Katrina, taking away peoples guns....

the bottom line is this :make the people afraid and the people will do whatever they are told to do, and will surrender whatever rights they are told they have to surrender in order to be safe-because it is a proven fact that a people who live in fear are more easily controlled. If evidence to support the "people will do as they are told when they are afraid" is needed--I point to our brothers in the United Kingdom as a fine example of what you lose when you allow a government to make you afraid.

Edited by justme

you do know they could have voted out the part about handgun carry in national parks? It was not an all or nothing kind of thing. It would have mearly slowed down the credit card scheme, not stopped it. The congress critters chose to go full bore ahead with the bill.

Guest justme
you do know they could have voted out the part about handgun carry in national parks? It was not an all or nothing kind of thing. It would have mearly slowed down the credit card scheme, not stopped it. The congress critters chose to go full bore ahead with the bill.

I'm aware of that--my point is--a gun control measure requiring the registration of firearms, or the banning of all semi-auto rifles that they like to term "assault weapons" could just as easily be inserted quietly into another piece of legislation....

could just as easily be inserted quietly into another piece of legislation....

very doubtful. If that happened the NRA would never get another dime out of a lot of people. They are our watchdog.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Guest justme
Ok I'll bite....

What is your point?

diversionary tactics. They just want to lull the people to sleep before they strike.

Guest justme
very doubtful. If that happened the NRA would never get another dime out of a lot of people. They are our watchdog.

even a watchdog falls asleep from time to time....and if enough people can be convinced that surrendering certain rights is necessary "to stay safe"--the NRA won't be able to stop it.

I am not losing sleep over this.

There are a lot of pro gun legislators. For this to happen all of them would have to be in on it. I am just not buying it.

Nothing wrong with being vigilant though.

Guest justme
I am not losing sleep over this.

There are a lot of pro gun legislators. For this to happen all of them would have to be in on it. I am just not buying it.

Nothing wrong with being vigilant though.

agreed. BUT among my many standing rules is this one :never trust a politician--because at the first opportunity they will sell you out.

Guest Phantom6

Anti gun legislation is going to be very difficult for this administration because not only the NRA but individual gun owners are super-sensitive to what this administration is working at in that area. The awareness of the 2nd Amendment crowd has never been this heightened in history. We must ALL remain vigilant and support groups like the NRA and others who stand on the front line of our freedoms.

Anti gun legislation is going to be very difficult for this administration because not only the NRA but individual gun owners are super-sensitive to what this administration is working at in that area. The awareness of the 2nd Amendment crowd has never been this heightened in history. We must ALL remain vigilant and support groups like the NRA and others who stand on the front line of our freedoms.

:up:

Guest canynracer
diversionary tactics. They just want to lull the people to sleep before they strike.

LOL...as Mike and Phantom said, we remain vigilant, and support the groups that are watching them like hawks...continue to be heard, but careful not to become a nutcase...LOL

Guest justme
LOL...as Mike and Phantom said, we remain vigilant, and support the groups that are watching them like hawks...continue to be heard, but careful not to become a nutcase...LOL

be watchful in all things. Vigilance is key.