Custom 1911?

Mike

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the a 1911 pistolsmith around Nashville that does frame up custom builds?

I'm looking to do a .38 super sometime in the next few months.

-Mike

I think Jeff Walle at Guns and Leather would be worth talking to.

He knows everything there is to know about a 1911 and is a great guy. I am sure he can help you

Edited by willis68

His name is Jeff Miester, and he trained at Cylinder and Slide.

We will be displaying some of his previous work in our shop in the coming weeks, and should have the specs for our Hero 1911 pistols soon.

We will are planning to offer a 4 model range, with the ability to custom spec within each model.

More to come....

Edited by BimmerFreak
Doesnt CCA do custom 1911s?

Maybe give them a call.

BTW: My dedicated 1911 smith started last week, and we are about 8 weeks out from having Hero Guns custom 1911s..... :)

Also, will a person be allowed to check out the guns??? It always cracks me up when folks have custom 1911s that they are selling but no one is allowed to check out the slide fit and trigger work their smith has done. They have asked me "are you going to buy it?" Well, how the hell can I answer that when I don't know if his work is deserving of the price. They are not made of glass, and if someone can hurt the gun by handling it, it isn't worth the price of the parts at dealer cost. :rolleyes:

Jim name is Jeff Miester, and he trained at Cylinder and Slide.

We will be displaying some of his previous work in our shop in the coming weeks, and should have the specs for our Hero 1911 pistols soon.

We will are planning to offer a 4 model range, with the ability to custom spec within each model.

More to come....

That sounds very good, Please keep us posted I would love to own a Hero Gear Custom 1911!

Also, will a person be allowed to check out the guns??? It always cracks me up when folks have custom 1911s that they are selling but no one is allowed to check out the slide fit and trigger work their smith has done. They have asked me "are you going to buy it?" Well, how the hell can I answer that when I don't know if his work is deserving of the price. They are not made of glass, and if someone can hurt the gun by handling it, it isn't worth the price of the parts at dealer cost. :rolleyes:

Absolutely.

We will encourage you to inspect frame/slide fit, as well as the trigger.

We will also recommend that you spend time with our smith, discussing your personal needs and requests, so that he can ensure you get exactly what you want.

And before anyone asks; we will provide complete build sheets which list each part, and the source. (ie: Kart barrel, Ed Brown this, STI that...etc)

We will also disclose WHO EXACTLY will be producing our frames and slides, since we all know there are very few actual manufacturers of these parts.

Absolutely.

We will encourage you to inspect frame/slide fit, as well as the trigger.

We will also recommend that you spend time with our smith, discussing your personal needs and requests, so that he can ensure you get exactly what you want.

And before anyone asks; we will provide complete build sheets which list each part, and the source. (ie: Kart barrel, Ed Brown this, STI that...etc)

We will also disclose WHO EXACTLY will be producing our frames and slides, since we all know there are very few actual manufacturers of these parts.

You guys are doing it right!!!! It sounds like Hero Gear is run by knowledgeable serious shooters.

sam at complete gun shop (308 S Water Ave Gallatin, TN 37066 (615) 206-0075).

believe he builds all the 1911's for Uselton...

he's a really good guy, and has been around the block many, many, many times... he's always busy because he does great work.

imho, skip the bad vibes of dealing with Uselton, talk to sam and order the parts from the companies getting the components you want, and bet he'll build you a kick ass gun.

he's a really good guy, and has been around the block many, many, many times... he's always busy because he does great work.

imho, skip the bad vibes of dealing with Uselton, talk to sam and order the parts from the companies getting the components you want, and bet he'll build you a kick ass gun.

Most excellent on 1911's and has been around awhile. He has the most reasonable prices around the time he worked on my 1911's and does a

great job on refinishing.

Sam does great work and is a very good option if you want a custom 1911 built.

Guest drc767

I picked up a Ed Brown Special Forces Carry last Thursday from Joe at Hero-Gear....I had a chance to handle a couple of the 1911's that his new pistolsmith built, and all I can say is you 1911 guys need to check out these pistols when Joe gets his 1911 program up and running. They are going to offer up some very cool stuff. I was impressed!!

Edited by drc767
Is there a 1911 pistolsmith around Nashville that does frame up custom builds?

I'm looking to do a .38 super sometime in the next few months.

-Mike

Come on down to CCA and check out some of our 1911s. We have several versions of our custom 1911s available for inspection and we'll even let you step out on our range and give them a good ringing out to show you why we believe they are the best custom 1911 being produced today.

The option list is unlimited and they are available in 45acp, 10mm, 9mm, .38 super and .357 sig.

Guest JHatmaker

I can vouch for Sam's work, it's top notch. You can see what he's done at Uselton's for yourself, then just go straight through him as far as what you want.

He makes some awesome pieces!!