clip or keep

What do I do with this old warhorse?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What do I do with this old warhorse?

• Cut 'er down to size and keep 'er handy
    • Put her out to pasture - stored in the closet as is.
    • Sell her to me!
    • Kick 'er to the curb, what you need is a blasto-9000

I don't - really don't - need another bird gun. This old jewel is smooth, dependable, and accurate. I think full choke used to mean "tighter than a drunk on a three day binge".

A lot of folks would cut it down for an HD gun. A lot would get offended at the very suggestion of ruining a piece of history.

What should I do?

DSC03681.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900

Cut it if you need/want to. It doesn't matter what other people think. A trench gun replica would be cool. Get the heat shield and bayonet lug, and you're set.

Guest adamoxtwo

If you don't need it and would consider cutting it, I would recommend selling it to someone who would love to own a beautiful weapon such as that purely to keep it in tact.

Guest 70below

If you're gonna let it go, let it go to a good home, otherwise....if you keep it, do to it as you like and will use it. A firearm is meant to be used, not gather dust.

How come there's not an option for "Call "Good Steward", tell him to come pick it up" ?

I, personally, am a pack rat. I would put her up in a collection, and take her out to shoot every now and then for nostalgia's sake. Never know when you might need that old girl.

Cut it if you need/want to. It doesn't matter what other people think. A trench gun replica would be cool. Get the heat shield and bayonet lug, and you're set.

I actually have a trench gun replica, a Norinco. It has been at the gunsmiths' since January. He's supposed to be slicking it up for me. Might get it back sometime this year...

If she's as tight as you say...wait a minute what I mean to say is if it patterns they way you suggest would make a great gun for turkey shoots in the fall. Saw a shotty like that at one last year, dude took home a bunch of prizes.

I would never consider cutting it. But that's just who I am. :D

Never be worth anything to anybody if butchered and another piece of history is gone.

Guest 70below

Never be worth anything to anybody if butchered and another piece of history is gone.

I'm more a fan of people cuttin up a weapon that I already have an unmodified one of......then mine's worth more :yum:

Guest SUNTZU
DSC03730.jpg

Guess what came home today?

Have you shot it yet? Or threatened someone at the end of the driveway with that rapier you call a bayonet? :D

Some folks just like to have a bit of personal space, you know?

Cycling it sounds like a couple of freight cars coupling. Smoother than the original, which has had about a hundred years to get the rough out, so I reckon I'm happy with it. Not as smooth as my old M37 Ithaca, but hey, what is?

Guest SUNTZU

I'm still looking for a Mossberg barrel for my 870. I can't bring myself to cut the barrel down. Some of the prices I've seen makes me wonder if it wouldn't be better to pick another shotgun up at a pawnshop and cut it down to size.

Guest 70below
I'm still looking for a Mossberg barrel for my 870. I can't bring myself to cut the barrel down. Some of the prices I've seen makes me wonder if it wouldn't be better to pick another shotgun up at a pawnshop and cut it down to size.

Mossberg barrel's fit 870's? Why not just get an 870 barrel?

Guest SUNTZU

Mossberg makes a barrel that fits the 870 and is cheaper, at least it used to be til everyone became afraid of Nazis returning in UFO's to turn the children into soylent green.