Sen. Alexander votes against guns in national parks

Guest johnnyo

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly

What in the world was he thinking with that vote? His ridiculous attitude toward the Second Amendment aside, he's not particularly bright if he chooses battles this way. How foolish of him.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jos2f

I also understand you made this statement about it.

"I have consistently been a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, but this legislation goes too far "

:tinfoil:

I fully agree. I support the Second Amendment as well, but once they start trying to utilize and enforce the 2A, that's too far. Too much.

Just like I support Freedom of speech until you say something I don't like =p

:dropjaw:

But seriously, can't believe I voted for this guy

Ford Jr. is a very liberal Dem. Gotta get a Republican in the primaries, or an Independant to run against Alexander. I have a low opinion of Alexander and Ford both.

By the way, Harold Ford Jr's brother, John, was busted in the Tennessee Waltz sting. The whole family are crooks.

Good_Steward is exactly right about both Ford and Alexander. The real answer to the dilemma that most pro-gun Tennesseeans find themselves in with regard to Alexander is that he is a great polititian who has friends on both sides of the gun spectrum all over Tennessee. He is a "home-boy" here in East Tennessee who has very sucessfully patterned his political career after Howard Baker. On the darker side; he is politically very ruthless when the is able to be, and has no quams about crushing his opposition using whatever methods are at his disposal to do so -- he decimated the highway construction contractors in Tennessee (who were for the most part Democrat) while not bothering to prosecute the Republican contractors in East Tennessee who were doing the same thing as the Dems. in the early eighties when he was governor. This was done for two reasons; first, it was popular to bash contractors; secondly, it was a political payback to the Dems. for backing this opponent in the Gubanatorial race. In summary, Lamar Alexander brought political payback to a height in Tennessee that I had never seen before -- he is a very serious and vindictive man.

Alexander is a master of playing to the audience he is courting. He is tied to the political movers and shakers in Tennessee, the educational lobby, the tree-hugging lobby, and the real conservationists lobby. Lamar Alexander is a polititian and an elitist first. That means he, and he alone, is qualifited to determine what the constitution says (read that "should say") and He has made the calculation that the gun owner will swallow hard and still vote for him because of his passed voting record; and he is right for the most part.

Sadly, Lamar Alexander is not the only duly elected official sent to Washington by the people that feels that way. Always remember, Washington is made up of about 90% polititians and crooks, and about 10% real people.

The best way to beat Lamar Alexander, or at least make him mind, is to back a highly qualified real republican who is pro freedom and pro constitution in the Republican Primaries. I'm convinced that there are some out there. When they appear; we need to back them with both talk and MONEY.

Lamar Alexander worships the god of power and money; that means he will be responsive to those who can furnish that to him.

• 4 months later...
Guest yogiman

Apparently Lamar, and many of our other legislators, don't seem to realize the dangerous situation our nation is in today. Either that, or don't give a damn if it isn't in their favor. Congress is the only, and I repeat, only, organizations that have absolute control of our nation. And they are supposed to be there to represent US!. That being absolute, how in the cornbread hell did they allow someone to take the Oval Office without asking for proof of eligibility? Why did they ask McCain?

Time will tell. Be prepared. Today, every law abiding American citizen in our nation should by armed and ready.

Folks, there is a lot of evidence out there showing Oba ma stole that office. And our so called congress is allowing him to keep it.

Apparently Lamar, and many of our other legislators, don't seem to realize the dangerous situation our nation is in today. Either that, or don't give a damn if it isn't in their favor. Congress is the only, and I repeat, only, organizations that have absolute control of our nation. And they are supposed to be there to represent US!. That being absolute, how in the cornbread hell did they allow someone to take the Oval Office without asking for proof of eligibility? Why did they ask McCain?

Time will tell. Be prepared. Today, every law abiding American citizen in our nation should by armed and ready.

Folks, there is a lot of evidence out there showing Oba ma stole that office. And our so called congress is allowing him to keep it.

Yogiman, welcome to the forum and even though this thread is five months old. The voices of we older members need to be heard as we have seen this crap coming for some time.

IMO, you are writing the truth. Keep posting.

Alexander is a turncoat, that is certain. I sometimes wonder how he makes his decisions. He must flip a coin since many of them are unexplainable. But, we could do much worse.

gota go.

oldogy

Right on, TurboniumOxide......and I've told him so multiple times by phone, e-mail, and letter. Follow the money and/or power/control trail everytime......what a turncoat! BTW, absolutley luv your forum monicker.....being a nerdy chemist gives me such a chuckle everytime I see your name pop up! Cheers!