My first purchase! (Pics inside)

Guest cowboy20th

Guest cowboy20th

Well I finally did it today, took the plunge on a new ruger p95. Much to the dismay of my girlfriend I might add, though she is starting to come around. She has already taken my quick course in firearm safety and handling. I bought it up in Joelton and had a great exprience, real good price too. Now if only I can scare up some ammo in these parts, anybody know of some, I live in east Nashville.

And the Pics

deletesoon040.jpg

deletesoon041.jpg

deletesoon045.jpg

deletesoon037.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUNTZU

Nice purchase! I had a P95 a long time ago. If you live in East Nashville, you'd better get some ammo with a quickness!

Well I finally did it today, took the plunge on a new ruger p95. Much to the dismay of my girlfriend I might add, though she is starting to come around. She has already taken my quick course in firearm safety and handling. I bought it up in Joelton and had a great exprience, real good price too. Now if only I can scare up some ammo in these parts, anybody know of some, I live in east Nashville.

You may be closer to Gun City on Murfreesboro Rd. I would call first to check on their 9mm stock. Be prepared to pay a hefty price even for target FMJ's.

Gun City USA Inc

www.guncity.net

573 Murfreesboro Rd

Nashville, TN 37210

(615) 256-6127

Guest Bronker
The ruger is nice, but the abomination of a hat sitting next to is making me want to

:tinfoil:

just joshing ya, I actually wear one to do yard work in. :lol:

Careful, memph!

Go Vols!!! :tinfoil:

I just love a happy ending. :lol: Congrats on the Ruger! I would suggest that she take a permit/intro to handguns course. Seems to me, the female type tend to listen better to someone other than their spouse/SO. :tinfoil:

Guest cowboy20th

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. If anyone would like to send me their favorite collegiate hat I will be sure to use it to break in my new pistol with. LOL. That goes twice for anything from the swamp! (BTW send ammo too)

Congrats on the new gun! Those P series are great shooters, like everyone has already said. I, like you, had a girlfriend who wasn't wild about my decision to join the ranks of the armed. She fussed for about a year until I finally got her to go to the range with me. Well... now she's got a .357 in her nightstand and she took her permit class two weeks ago! She didn't even make a fuss when I bought some powder for reloading this week, as she knows that powder is for her to be able to shoot, too!

Also, the other poster is right in that she'll probably take instruction from someone else better than she will from you. I live close to TGO David and we've become friends. He and his wife and me and my wife have gone to dinner, etc, a few times, so she's comfortable with them. We finally all got to go shooting together a about a month ago, and David and Sandy showed her some of the very same things I had shown her a hundred times, but she never "caught on" with my instruction. David showed her basically the same stuff, and she was shooting like a champ! She really learned trigger control (finally) snd she has NO flinch now. She's better than me!

Anyways, all that is to say that if you can find another couple to shoot with, I think you'll find that she enjoys it much more, and will be able to learn much faster with outside help. Just don't pair her up with some macho chauvinistic tacti-jerk. That would probably be counterproductive.

Have fun!

Very nice purchase, the best value in full size 9mm IMHO. It is my full size now since I had to let my Beretta 92 go to help fund the purchase of my EMP. They were kind of redundant guns both full size 9mm and the Beretta had better 2nd market value, but believe me I had no issue keeping the Ruger P95 over the Beretta 92 at all. Plenty acurate for what they are for and you can't hurt em. Great decision you will be pleased. Congrats +1 to you :drool:

Guest boudreaux

Cowboy20th, nice purchase. I'm going to get one in a few months myself. Keep us posted on how you like it. Ho yeah, about that hat. I can get you a great deal on an LSU purple and gold one.

Guest m&pc9
Hey cowboy, need me to buy you a new "Gator" hat??:drool:

Please send me a gator hat. My toilet is broke and I need a good place to take a crap. O send 2 I need to cover it up also .

BTW that is a purty gun.

Guest SigVol
I just love a happy ending. :lol: Congrats on the Ruger! I would suggest that she take a permit/intro to handguns course. Seems to me, the female type tend to listen better to someone other than their spouse/SO. ;)

Jesus christ is that ever sooo...freagin' true!!!:)