Help Identify Snake.

Guest eyebedam

You should skin it & add the trim to a holster or a wallet or something. Make yourself some snakeskin TGO Thongs........

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our neighbor is a huge Paul Bunyan type of guy that runs screaming like a baby when he sees a snake in his yard.

My wife goes over and helps him because I don't like snakes either!

I'm not quite that bad. Funny thing is when I was a kid I used to play with them all the time.

Guest canynracer
You should skin it & add the trim to a holster or a wallet or something. Make yourself some snakeskin TGO Thongs........

well theres a thought I didnt need today... :shake:

LOL

Guest ScottD
Reminds me of the old saying I learned in Boyscouts "Red touch black, won't bite back; Red touch yellow, bites a fellow"

Ours was:

"Red on yellow, kill a fellow. Red on black, you're safe Jack"

Guest Plunky

It looks to be a Lampropeltis triangulum syspila (Red Milk snake). I earned my undergraduate degree in Biology, so I kind of know these things. They are indigenous to West TN.

It looks to be a Lampropeltis triangulum syspila (Red Milk snake). I earned my undergraduate degree in Biology, so I kind of know these things. They are indigenous to West TN.

A lamp propelled triangle saspirilla you say? Sounds deadly! :up:

I use to find these snakes all the time in Perry County which is a little west.

Guest crotalus01

100% Milk snake, completely harmless. Thye only snakes you need to worry about in TN are Rattlers (easy to identify in most cases), Moccassins and Copperheads. PLEASE learn what the dangerous snakes look like so you guys dont go and kill all the harmless ones you may run across.

Guest m&pc9

They kind of creep me out, but not as bad as spiders.

I have always said I would rather kiss a snake than to even look at a spider. I hate spiders!:cool:

Guest Jcochran88
I am not a TN native so this may be false. But I heard that it is illegal to kill snakes here in TN.

you heard correct.

I proabably would have made him a pet myself...

I think a wild snakes should stay in the wild or any wild animal for that matter. I can't say I haven't been guilty of making a few pets out of wid animals, but these days I just think they are better off left in their own natural habitat.

Guest crystalm
I really didn't know that you could talk this much about snakes ;)

Me either....

and I've never seen so many grown men afraid of snakes and spiders :lol: