HBE Leatherworks Holster Ordered For Kimber Warrior

• Administrator

I was holding out for a Milt Sparks VM2 to use with my Kimber Warrior but the wait time is a killer. I may still pick one up eventually, but I just placed an order with Eric over at HBE Leatherworks [link] for one of his stunning Com3 inside the waistband creations.

Image245.jpg

As you can see, it's somewhat similar in design to the VM2 but Eric will cut it to whatever degree of cant you want (I went with 20°) and will also optionally mold in a small tab of leather at the trailing edge that helps stabilize the holster when sitting.

His lead time right now is about 5-6 weeks and the price was well within my budget at just a hair north of $120.

I'm anxious to receive it and will of course post pictures once I do. In the meantime, is anyone here already a customer of HBE? Do you have pictures of your holster that you could share?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam

I have a com 3 of erics. I can't post a link now since I'm on the iPhone but if u look at the holster thread I started the very first post is of my holster from eric. His work is some of the best I've ever seen.

• Administrator
I have a com 3 of erics. I can't post a link now since I'm on the iPhone but if u look at the holster thread I started the very first post is of my holster from eric. His work is some of the best I've ever seen.

I hunted down that thread and saw it. Beautiful holster! Makes me even more anxious for mine to arrive. I need to take a pic of some of my holsters and contribute to that thread. Hopefully today.

Guest eyebedam
I hunted down that thread and saw it. Beautiful holster! Makes me even more anxious for mine to arrive. I need to take a pic of some of my holsters and contribute to that thread. Hopefully today.

Yeah heres some pics for you to think about everytime you check this thread. :puke: Eric does very nice work. Did you check his ready to ship/for sale page? He normally has a few 1911 holsters ready to ship. The last ones 1 saw were rough side out & I thought they looked good. What finish are you having him put on it? I hear his black cherry is very nice. Thats what mine was supposed to be but there was a little confusion along the way. I couldnt be happier with the finished product though.

BELT001.jpg

BELT006.jpg

BELT002.jpg

Guest eyebedam

If you haven't seen his mixture he calls black cherry see if he has any hi res pics of any holsters he's done in it. It looks black but under certain lights it has a faint burgandy/purple hue to it. Heck I can't wait for you to get your holster either.

Guest Crunchman

That's gotten me interested in one trimmed with shark. I looked through his testimonial pics and found a couple that may make me change my mind about IWB, especially the ones made specific for Kimber CDP IIs.

That's gotten me interested in one trimmed with shark. I looked through his testimonial pics and found a couple that may make me change my mind about IWB, especially the ones made specific for Kimber CDP IIs.

Seems counterproductive to sink extra bucks for "looks" into a holster where it won't be visible.

- OS

Gotta thank eyebedam for the idea of checking the ready to ship page. Found a left handed Com 3 for a 5 in 1911 in black with a 25 degree cant and bodyshield ready to go. Shoe Eric a e-maiil to see if it was still available. i coudln't believe he answered on a Sunday and it was still available...until about 5 minutes ago :-)

• Administrator

Yep... for whatever reason there are people out there who will order a holster and then stiff the guy when it comes time to pay. And he refuses to take payment until he's actually building your holster for you! No good deed goes unpunished.

Guest eyebedam
Gotta thank eyebedam for the idea of checking the ready to ship page. Found a left handed Com 3 for a 5 in 1911 in black with a 25 degree cant and bodyshield ready to go. Shoe Eric a e-maiil to see if it was still available. i coudln't believe he answered on a Sunday and it was still available...until about 5 minutes ago :-)

Glad I was able to help you out. I really like the look of the rough side out holsters.

Guest Crunchman
Seems counterproductive to sink extra bucks for "looks" into a holster where it won't be visible.

- OS

I worded that badly. Should have specified that I was talking about 2 different holsters. The trimmed out one would be for OWB for my full size Springer.

Guest Tn.Mitch

My DC by Eric.my only one by him,but have 3 Milt Sparks VM2's 1 for my 1911's and 2, a black,and a brown one for my Glock 27,and I have a Milt Sparks summer 2 on the way for full size 1911,will be here in less than a week,you can by Milt sparks holsters all day long on ebay..... Milt Sparks holsters | gun-holster.com

HPIM0654.jpg

HPIM0663-1.jpg

HPIM0659.jpg

HPIM0736.jpg

• Administrator

Coincidentally, I now also have a Milt Sparks VM2 coming for my Kimber. It will beat the HBE to my doorstep by a solid month. Whether or not I keep the HBE is yet to be determined, but I'm not going to cancel my order with Eric. I'll just sell it if I end up preferring the VM2, or vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Linoge

Bit late to the party, but I have been using an HBE IWB holster for my 9mm PPS for almost the past year, and I have never been disappointed with it. His turnaround time was less than two weeks between me ordering and having the holster in my hands, and my only gripe with the holster is that I was stupid enough to get a single-clip and not a double. My fault, not his.

His communication was good, and the product has held up amazingly well over the past year... even used it for an IDPA competition at Gunny's once, and you could never tell. I am pretty sure you will enjoy your holster.

pocketthumb.jpg

Not the best of pictures, but the single-stack magazine holder works pretty darned well as well. It is not IWB-tuck-capable, but if I have to, it can go in a pocket just as easily.