Republican Gov. Candidate

so who do we want? place your thoughts here. Zach Wamp or Ron Ramsey? i would lean for Wamp, seeing how he is a Chattanooga boy. he has done a ton for the area, including securing funding for the refit of the locks at the TVA dam here in town.

both are A+ rated with the NRA, but recent events with the current boob in office show that can mean all or nothing. with bredesen being a road block recently, and his letting things go in to effect with no signature, i think its time to change the guard to the republican side to see what can happen.

i think the results would be great, provided the correct person gets elected. i guess we will have to stay tuned.

pros? cons? post them up. its time to debate. im bored. LOL

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To early to call yet. I want to see who else may want to throw their hat in the ring. Does anyone think that Fred Thompson may give it a go? I just want someone who will do everything that I want and nothing that I don't want. Is that asking too much!:rolleyes:

What about Haslam? I feel like he's done an outstanding job with the City of Knoxville, and know really well how to run a business. Of course, he may look amazing because Mike Ragsdale, the Knox county mayor is so totally incompetent (actually, he's just your normal elected official!)

Personally, I don't trust Wamp. Looking at his history and some dealings with him, I believe that he will say whatever people want to hear to get elected. ZERO principles as far as I am concerned.

Matthew

From Dem. Kim McMillan's website:

McMillan, Cammack support Bredesen veto | Kim McMillan for Tennessee

Two Democratic candidates for governor wasted no time in professing solidarity with Governor Phil Bredesen with regard to his veto of legislation to permit gun-permit holders to carry their weapons into bars and restaurants.

Said former House majority leader Kim McMillan of Clarksville: "I have stood with law enforcement officials and small business owners in my community for years, opposing this legislation time and again. I applaud Governor Bredesen and our law enforcement officials who have made a stand for this small but pertinent measure."

Lt. Governor/state Senator Ron Ramsey of Blountville was a sponsor of the gun measure, and U.S. congressman Zach Wamp of Chattanooga and Knoxville mayor Bill Haslam have not yet issued statements.

Guest HexHead
To early to call yet. I want to see who else may want to throw their hat in the ring. Does anyone think that Fred Thompson may give it a go? I just want someone who will do everything that I want and nothing that I don't want. Is that asking too much!:D

Well, considering ol' Fred voted not to convict Clinton in the Senate trial, he's dead to me as a politician. He obviously can't be trusted. What part of perjury didn't he think was a crime?

Guest Spuds
What about Haslam? I feel like he's done an outstanding job with the City of Knoxville, and know really well how to run a business.

He also signed onto NYC Mayor Bloomberg's stealth anti-gun group Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

After it finally sunk in he coudn't be elected governor while maintaining membership in this group of low-lifes, he dropped them. At best, he's stupid, for ever having been a member of said group. At worst, he's a liar, opportunist, and anti-gun, and thinks he can fool Joe Six-pack by dropping his membership.

SayUncle » Even More Haslam On Guns

Just on the gun issue, he is against us. I don't know where he stands otherwise.

I don't know that he's really against us. The mayors gun thing did sound good in principle. It's good to keep illegal guns out of people's hands. Heck, if the TGO had written that statement, then it would have been more than fine, but since Bloomberg wrote it, it's crap. I would still like to see him asked more about gun control. Maybe ask where he stands on the Restaurant and Parks bill? That would be a good sign where he actually stands. As far as other issues, he's pretty conservative. Supports business and has done a good job at making things more efficent here in Knoxville. The Lt. Gov also is an interesting canidate. I don't really know much about him but would like to learn more since he supported the Restaurant bill.

Matthew

Well, considering ol' Fred voted not to convict Clinton in the Senate trial, he's dead to me as a politician. He obviously can't be trusted. What part of perjury didn't he think was a crime?

I was just wondering out loud about Fred. He doesn't seem the type to be satisfied to not be doing something. Just wondering if he is doing the talk radio gig to keep his name out there and maybe convince people that he is the man for the job. Like I said, Just wondering out loud

Haslam is a good honest guy, but not exactly in line with my train of thought on things politically. I wouldn't support him and he is a family friend. Thompson.. absolutely. Ramsey and Wamp.... pretty sure I could go for either of them.

Guest Jamie
To early to call yet. I want to see who else may want to throw their hat in the ring. Does anyone think that Fred Thompson may give it a go? I just want someone who will do everything that I want and nothing that I don't want. Is that asking too much!:tough:

Why would you want Fred to run when he'd likely quit the race part way through? He wouldn't be anything but a distraction, and a waste of votes.

Why would you want Fred to run when he'd likely quit the race part way through? He wouldn't be anything but a distraction, and a waste of votes.

I never said that I wanted him to run. What I said was that I was wondering if he was going to run. I like Fred personally. For the most part I have agreed with things he has done but not all. If he runs then I will surely give him a strong look.

As far as him quitting, I'm sure you are referring to his run for president. I never thought that he ever wanted to run But I think that the party pushed him into it when being President was not his passion. It showed in his campaigning and in the polls so he didn't last long enough for his coffee to get cold.

Guest PapaB

If Fred isn't interested, maybe Jeri will jump in the race. The media would go nuts when she and Palin got together at a Governors conference. :stunned:

I don't know who I'll vote for but I do know I wouldn't consider anyone that isn't a rock solid supporter of removing more restrictions from gun owners. They'll need to show it, not just say it.

Guest Major Pain

I'm done with Fred, never did like to see a job half way done. I'll be looking for a strong 2nd amendment supporter and income tax hater.--MP

Guest SUNTZU

Personally, I feel Knoxville politics are more twisted than all three Godfather movies and a little bit of The Departed combined.

Guest Spuds
I don't know that he's really against us. The mayors gun thing did sound good in principle. It's good to keep illegal guns out of people's hands. Heck, if the TGO had written that statement, then it would have been more than fine, but since Bloomberg wrote it, it's crap.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, what a merry Christmas it would be.

No ifs on Haslam, he's not a strong supporter of the constitution, specifically the second amendment therein.

Guest TurboniumOxide

Lets have an IQ test and DRAFT the smartest person in the state. Then, require the first 100 days to be a "House Cleaning" period.

Haslam is a good honest guy, but not exactly in line with my train of thought on things politically. I wouldn't support him and he is a family friend. Thompson.. absolutely. Ramsey and Wamp.... pretty sure I could go for either of them.

For what it's worth; in the infamous picture of Gov. Bredesen making his restraurant carry veto speech; the guy standing next to him is the Knoxville Chief of Police.

A Haslam appointee. I believe that Mr. Haslam has lots of explaining to do to Republicans who honor the Second Amendment.

LEROY

Guest HexHead

I don't think we can really trust any of them. Especially the ones from areas with large numbers of Obama supporters.