EMP??

JeffsSig

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just recently purchased a .45 Micro-Compact, which I believe is essentially the .45 version of the EMP. 300 rounds later, I'm still loving it. Nary a problem yet, shooting Blazer and WWB FMJ, and Win SXT/Hornady HPs. Very manageable, very attractive, very accurate...and fun!

ElectroMagneticPulse?

The fact that an electromagnetic pulse is produced by a nuclear explosion was known since the earliest days of nuclear weapons testing, but the magnitude of the EMP and the significance of its effects were realized much latter.

Guest Tom@GunDepot

Jeff I have one and I've had zero issues through 1100 rds I love mine except my wife took it :)

Oh well just gave me an excuse to get the Kimber CDPII in 9mm :D it shoots flawlesss also.

Edited by Tom@GunDepot
Jeff I have one and I've had zero issues through 1100 rds I love mine except my wife took it :)

Oh well just gave me an excuse to get the Kimber CDPII in 9mm :D it shoots flawlesss also.

Tom

Tell the wife it has to many rounds shot in it and she needs to sell it before to long.

Then make me a good price on it.:)

Id even buy you guys lunch........................:)

We have one, the wife and I, it was purchased for her but I shoot it also. The only issue we have had so far is the slide does not lock back on empty mags. We are gonna shoot it a couple more hundred rounds and see if it corrects itself, if not I am sure springfield will take care of it.

The weapon is eye candy for sure and a pleasure to shoot, very accurate, more so than I am. I would like to eventually get myself one in 40 s&w.

Guest HexHead
We have one, the wife and I, it was purchased for her but I shoot it also. The only issue we have had so far is the slide does not lock back on empty mags. We are gonna shoot it a couple more hundred rounds and see if it corrects itself, if not I am sure springfield will take care of it.

The weapon is eye candy for sure and a pleasure to shoot, very accurate, more so than I am. I would like to eventually get myself one in 40 s&w.

That's what mine was doing too, along with hitting me in the head with shells. Nothing like catching one between your glasses and eyelid.

Sent it back to Springfield, when it came back I had all kinds of FTF and FTE problems, and it was still hitting me in the head with shells.

That was it.

Guest eyebedam

What brand/grain of ammo are you using? I had that issue at first-switched ammo and problem solved. Now I can run whatever I want through it & it's perfect.

Guest Tn.Mitch
That's what mine was doing too, along with hitting me in the head with shells. Nothing like catching one between your glasses and eyelid.

Sent it back to Springfield, when it came back I had all kinds of FTF and FTE problems, and it was still hitting me in the head with shells.

That was it.

ROFLMFAO..... :eek:

Took ours to the range today, it functioned flawlessly and the slide locked back every time the mag was empty.

I guess it has corrected its problem.

I was having this problem with blazer, and that is what I shot in it today.

I have an EMP and absolutely love that gun. Super accurate (especially considering the package size) a joy to shoot. Easy to conceal and carry, and I have not had one failure of any kind shoots everything I put in it. I love mine, it's a keeper for sure. Got mine gently used LKIB. So I did not have to experience the sometimes well documented break in period on this pistol, mine just works. Good luck I would pull the trigger on the deal!

I have an EMP and absolutely love that gun. Super accurate (especially considering the package size) a joy to shoot. Easy to conceal and carry, and I have not had one failure of any kind shoots everything I put in it. I love mine, it's a keeper for sure. Got mine gently used LKIB. So I did not have to experience the sometimes well documented break in period on this pistol, mine just works. Good luck I would pull the trigger on the deal!

:lol:

That was it.

I bought mine brand new and had those same problems....shells hitting me in the head and all. I had to run 300 rounds through it before it started running prefectly with no issues. It's absoutely perfect now.....and unbelievably accurate for such a small gun! At 10 yards, I can make one big hole in the bullseye after shooting 5 mags full.

I really think that this gun is just made to such tight tolerances that it takes a good break-in period before they smooth out. While I was breaking mine in, I used a lot of Rem Oil on the slide grooves (I was told to do this by the gun shop guy where I got it from) and I also ran a bore snake through the barrel after every three mags shot. For a couple days, at night while I watched tv, I would sit and rack the slide back and forth.

This is one sweet little gun! I love mine and I'm very happy that I was patient enough to make it through the break-in! Here's a picture of mine with custom grips made by Esmeralda:

EMPwithCross1.jpg

BTW, Anyone that has one or is thinking of purchasing one.......Springfield Armory says it is definitely NOT recommended to shoot +P ammo out of these. It's not so much that the gun couldn't handle the hot loads, it's mainly because of the short cycle of the slide.....+P loads can cause malfunctions. This comes straight from the technician I spoke to at Springfield.

Edited by PackinMama
Guest eyebedam
Love the grips...nice guns, Jeff I would wait and find one gently used for ~900ish and save yourself $200 so you can get some ammo for it :-D

Is that your way of saying you have another 1 in the works that could be available soon? I'm lovin mine.