Downrange

Not sure really where to put it so here it is.

How many rounds did you put downrange today?

Might be nice to include calibers and weapons shot.

I will go first.

80 rounds of .30 Carbine out of my Inland 1943

50 rounds of 7.65 banged downrange out of the FEG AP

50 rounds of .38 special wadcutters from the SP101

last and least

a handful of .22 long rifle from the Savage cub mini youth single shot.

All in all a productive afternoon. :woohoo:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, I can work the bang-switch at some point over the weekend.

Why no Russian Thumper?

Keep me in the loop if you get out this weekend.

The Mosin is a little much for here, and I had been really jonesing to shoot the Inland.

Guest Jcochran88

Well i plan on shooting tomorrow!!!!! mosin, .40, .45, 22-250, .270, and hopefully someone will let me shoot there .458!!!!

Guest Bronker

I plan as well to put some rounds down range tomorrow. .223/45/40/22LR, the Mosin, and mostly the infamous .458 Socom that has now been twice-mentioned.

That is...if I've fully recovered from acute beef-toxicity by then...gotta eat first boys!

need a pic of that Rohrback.

I tweeked on the Inland this morning,. Stripped it down and tightened up the fit on the trigger group. there was some slight wiggle in the group so I put the front end of the group ( where the hole for the pin is) in the vice and torqued on it a touch.

Had to take the mallet and pound it back into the frame. Got it back together and it was tight like a 15 year old virgin. ( no questions here please). Took it out about an hour ago.

Ran 60 rounds of Prvi Partizan through it. I am no marksman by any means but it shot real well. I could definitely feel two stages in the trigger. Could not feel that so well before tweeking things.

Anyway sent 60 rounds of carbine ammo down range and followed that up with a box of 50 Prvi in 7.65 out of the FEG. it was a hoot!

Also SUNTZU's spinner target is starting to look like the moon. It is getting cratered up a bit.

I tweeked on the Inland this morning,. Stripped it down and tightened up the fit on the trigger group. there was some slight wiggle in the group so I put the front end of the group ( where the hole for the pin is) in the vice and torqued on it a touch.

B)

Hope you're not gonna do that anymore. Have heard that bending those things may cause them to break. But I'd imagine you'd have to really get up on it to do that.

B)

Hope you're not gonna do that anymore. Have heard that bending those things may cause them to break. But I'd imagine you'd have to really get up on it to do that.

I was very, I mean VERY concerned with bending that piece. Did it a hair at a time. All is well that ends well.

would have sucked the big one to have broken it. I was really suprised at how soft the metal that makes up the trigger group is.

Quit taking a ball peen hammer to my spinner. I know darn well you aren't hitting it with rounds. B)

Isn't .30 caliber lower than the .45 is rated for? At least that's the reasoning we heard about OhShoot's spinner. B)

Isn't .30 caliber lower

I have read that the .30 carbine round is ballistically similar to a .357 magnum round.

I saw a show on History Channel that compared the 30 carbine to the .30-06. While the 30.06 did damge the .30 carbine was worse. Using clay, the 30-06 left a big channel, but the .30 carbine exploded the block of clay. Something to do with the blunt shape of the carbine bullet compared to the pointy shape of the 06 round.

Dunno?

I am fairly certain a round from the Garand will turn the spinner into Swiss Cheese.

Where the Carbine round just craters it.

No more rage. left it all in the woods

Went to Guns&Leather Friday morning. Ran about 100 rounds of 45 thru a S&W 945 and a Springfield LW Operator. Found I need some new mags for the Operator, appears to be old weak springs. I guess it's time for those Wilson Combat mags I've been wanting. Then wound down with a box of 22Mag thru an old S&W Model 48 Combat Masterpiece. ( One of the most fun impulse buys I ever made)

I try to go out once a month now, as health issues keep me down more than I'd like.

Good Day and Good Shooting to all.

For DavidCBaker. Nice Rhorback! I've been hearing a lot about them lately. Sure seems interesting. How does it compare with the Keltec 32?

I haven't shot one of those, so I can't really say. Compared to a Ruger LCP, it's a lot more solid and a lot better build quality. Tolerances are remarkable.

The only thing I don't like about the gun is the sights.