40 rounds WWB .45 - SW 645

18 rounds Remington 125gr .357 Magnum - GP100

30 rounds Remington .38 +P HP - Some sort of SW Hammerless Subcompact Revolver

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

Rightwinger, Strob2000, jcochran88 (McFlurry), etc...

It just struck me; this is a heckuva way to celebrate Father's Day! I mean, all of our families were here, and what better way to celebrate such a day than with pure, unadulterated adrenaline-laced American firepower and red meat!!!

Maybe we've begun our first of the now-to-be annual Father's Day Firepower events?!?

I mean, RW has 3 boys (his boys respect him, look up to him, and are obviously well-grounded in their knowledge of firepower and respect of their heritage-they are fine boys), I have two kids, Strob2000 has one on the way, and McFlurry has Lola!!

A new tradition, maybe?

Guest Jcochran88

Well ok then.

Got my father in law a new marlin 60 for fathers day so we had to shoot it!!

Shot a couple hundred rounds through it

also shot xd9 service 50 rds

and xd40c 25 or so even got the wife to shoot again today!!

Guest Bronker
Well ok then.

Got my father in law a new marlin 60 for fathers day so we had to shoot it!!

Shot a couple hundred rounds through it

also shot xd9 service 50 rds

and xd40c 25 or so even got the wife to shoot again today!!

Baby steps! I knew she'd come around! The wife has the itch for a larger EDC. Like a 9mm DA/SA of some sort. Guess I'll look at some Rugers or Sigs now!!

Edited by Bronker

I have a CD for Bronker and we definitely missed some good pictures of the boys cranking on the Mosin's. I can't blame Ms. Winger for baling and getting up in the shade for a while though.

Here is a classic though. Ms. Bronker pounding gongs at 250 yards with Jcochran's AR.

wife223.jpg

Bronker's boy taking his first shots on the AR as well!

IMG_2850.jpg

Strob2000 on his .357

IMG_2802.jpg

Guest Bronker
I have a CD for Bronker and we definitely missed some good pictures of the boys cranking on the Mosin's. I can't blame Ms. Winger for baling and getting up in the shade for a while though.

Here is a classic though. Ms. Bronker pounding gongs at 250 yards with Jcochran's AR.

wife223.jpg

Bronker's boy taking his first shots on the AR as well!

IMG_2850.jpg

Strob2000 on his .357

IMG_2802.jpg

You think Strob can hit that birdhouse from there?!?!?

:screwy:

Guest Bronker

Sounds good. We had a blast! The wife really likes Barb. Your boys are such gentlemen, and we enjoyed having you all.

I FINALLY got all of the guns clean tonight. And as I did, I smiled the whole time!!!

Boys that was fun!

I put a box of 7.65 out of the FEG AP and a box of .45 auto out of the RIA 1911 this afternoon. Would have done more but the skeeters were really bad.

I have a feeling tomorrow will be a little louder and longer range.

met up with Garufa today at John Sevier range up near Halls.

We had a real nice time, stuck around until they called last shot and then threw us out.

I know Garufa threw some lead downrange, not sure what or how many exactly.

I will testify that he had one really nice looking NBR on the bench. I did not look a lot as I do not want to catch that sickness. but I do not think I have ever seen a nicer looking rifle.

I put over 100 rounds of x54r on target. I was real impressed about how well the beater 91/30 shot. I have no doubt one of you marksman could have shot some amazing groups.

I took a full belt of Garand ammo but only shot 3 clips. I also put near 100 rounds through the M1 carbine. Man that is one rifle I love to shoot. Can't stop pulling the trigger. If it was a belt fed I might never stop shooting it. Got a real nice group ( for me) from it on the last two magazines.

Put some .22lr thought the Ruger SAS but that doesn't really count. The Russian beauty was the belle of the ball for me this afternoon.

I wish today was going to be tomorrow

Edited by Mike.357

Mike.357 and I did have a good time burning up some ammo.

If my ciphering is correct, I enjoyed blowing:

70 rounds 7.62x54R

25 rounds .223 and about 20-25 rounds 5.56

100 rounds 22lr

36 rounds .380

48 rounds .45

A very satisyfing afternoon. Not too many people at the range and everyone was just having a good time. Even had nice RSO's!

One fella there had a .45-70 SA revolver. That was impressive.

Thanks for the kind words on my EBR, although NBR is probably more appropriate. Naughty, buy not entirely evil. Just a basic 20" job with fixed stock and A3 upper. Very traditional looking.

I should have requested the honor of pulling the trigger on that AR, But I am very scared of developing a fondness for them. It was very 60's looking and I liked it a lot.

Actually it is taking all the restraint I have to not go and order some more x54r ammo.

I actually was going to offer but I'm not satisfied where the bullets are going so....then again, maybe you'd have better luck with it! It'll be around awhile. Maybe next time.

I hate to admit it but I've been looking for 54R ammo too. Only have about 700 rounds on hand. But it's all the same kind. :screwy:

So my 91/30 shoots right on with pig-sticker attached. About 4-5" to the right without. What do ya'll think. Shoot with bayonet or adjust front sight?

So my 91/30 shoots right on with pig-sticker attached. About 4-5" to the right without. What do ya'll think. Shoot with bayonet or adjust front sight?

A friend's M44 does the same thing. I've never shot mine at paper, hits hedge apples pretty good with the bayonet in or out.

I say shoot it extended. Looks cooler, makes people at the range do a double take. Besides, if you miss the target, you can just reach forward a few inches and poke the hole in it. :screwy:

I may go run a few through my M1 Carbine before it gets dark...